Batman Vs. Superman extended ed.

I recently went wild and bought a ton of Marvel and DC films...I had watched this in the theatre and thought it was ok...there were questions I had and jumps of logic...which this edition actually answers for the most part. I would say it is a good film in this extended edition

But would it kill them to put humor in their films? I mean Superman is not supposed to be an emotional mess. His quality as a hero in the comics is his ability to see the best way to do things and serve the people of earth as their defender. He loves Lois and he loves his Mom, he never lies. But he never takes himself too seriously.

Batman...it seems to me he should have had a movie before this one....

Over all I enjoy this movie...but they need new blood on the writing team and a new director. Wonder Woman was really good...so DC movies can work..but I just do not see Zack Snyder directing what you would call a Marvel level of awesome. Maybe they should look at directors like Sam Rami who did awesome work on Spider-Man...just an idea.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm so damn disappointed with the DC movies. You can tell that they were just rushing to make Justice League. They introduced Batman in the Batman VS Superman movie. We should've gotten to know the character first.

• I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I never liked The Dark Knight trilogy. They're not bad movies but I hated the idea of making a realistic Batman and the action scenes were so underwhelming. Most of the scenes are just characters talking and developing themselves.

The only DC movies that I liked were Wonder Woman and Watchmen. V for Vendetta sounds very interesting which makes me want to watch it.

• edited April 2018

The fact that you openly hate the dark knight trilogy deserves moderation. Yes your comment deserves to be moderated and I thought you were a intellectual guy after setting up a "spoderman" thread. Also can't believe you haven't seen V for Vendetta it's a must watch movie before you die.

AronDracula posted: »

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I never liked The Dark Knight trilogy. They're not bad movies but I hated the idea of making a r

• I dunno if you're being sarcastic, but I never said I hated The Dark Knight trilogy, just not a fan of it. No everyone has the same taste.

The fact that you openly hate the dark knight trilogy deserves moderation. Yes your comment deserves to be moderated and I thought you were

I dunno if you're being sarcastic, but I never said I hated The Dark Knight trilogy, just not a fan of it. No everyone has the same taste.

• I totally agree with you! Batman should've gotten his own movie first so we understood his motivations and character better. I mean everyone knows that DC was rushing to make an Avengers like film. I am disappointed that Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg, and Batman are getting their own movies after Justice League. Because we know nothing of Aquaman, Flash, or Cyborg apart from what was said in Justice League. The only character that has been treated well in the entire DC Movie Universe was Wonder Woman her movie was great and her character was great even if introduced in Batman vs Superman.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm so damn disappointed with the DC movies. You can tell that they were just rushing to make Justice League. They introduced Batman in the Batman VS Superman movie. We should've gotten to know the character first.

• Agreed...I do have some hope for the new movies announced because of the new DC movie boss...but righting the ship is not going to be a fast process...it is so maddening...they have so many great characters and can only do them justice in their animated films it seems.

I totally agree with you! Batman should've gotten his own movie first so we understood his motivations and character better. I mean everyone

• I agree with you again. The animated movies are fantastic! They also have a new animated film The Death of Superman which looks really good. The only movie I am really looking forward to is Wonder Woman 2 and Batman because Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg don't really stand out to me I mean the actors did an awesome job in Justice League its just that they are missing something that Superman, Batman and WonderWoman have.

Agreed...I do have some hope for the new movies announced because of the new DC movie boss...but righting the ship is not going to be a fast

• Agreed, they only made 4 movies before Justice League which is way to quick to be doing a team up movie if you have just made 4 movies, I think they should have made Suicide Squad after Justice League because all the movies before Justice League should have been solo movies that were based around each hero, I didn't really have a problem with Man Of Steel coming first I actually thought that the movie was a great start, so was Wonder Woman and kinda BVS. Next up is Aquaman which should be coming later this year.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm so damn disappointed with the DC movies. You can tell that they were just rushing to make Justice League. They introduced Batman in the Batman VS Superman movie. We should've gotten to know the character first.

• edited May 2018

I actually disagree. The whole point of BVS being serious and Superman not being the Boy Scout we know and love him as is because MOS to JL was a character arc for Superman to become that character. He's still new to the world and afraid of him, leading the hate towards him and more serious nature. After sacrificing himself and returning in JL would complete his character from a confused man who feels alone to the example of who everyone should strive to be.

As for Batman getting his own film before BVS I disagree with as well. Everyone knows who Batman is, we don't need another movie to explain him. The problem is that WB has a reactionary attitude and completely butchers a planned film and vision because of the negative reaction to BVS and thus leading to the failure of JL instead sticking to their guns and director's vision. The DC films are the ones that were changed to be more like Marvel, which are JL and SS. The best DC film being the where the studio let the filmmakers do their thing, which was Wonder Woman.

• the action scenes were so underwhelming

you mean the 95% nearly completely practical action sequences with no boring over-abundance of fake looking CGI and are shot better than the vast majority of modern action sequences?

Most of the scenes are just characters talking and developing themselves.

you mean that thing that movies do to create interesting and realistic characters that define them as good movies?

The only DC movies that I liked were Wonder Woman and Watchmen.

you mean the two movies that have really good writing and character development via characters talking and also some of the worst most fake looking action sequences like ever in history?

V for Vendetta sounds very interesting which makes me want to watch it.

it is very entertaining and i heavily recommend watching it.

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I never liked The Dark Knight trilogy. They're not bad movies but I hated the idea of making a r

• you mean the 95% nearly completely practical action sequences with no boring over-abundance of fake looking CGI and are shot better than the vast majority of modern action sequences?

I don't mind the practical effects. I love the original Terminator. But they're just unmemorable and unsatisfying, the only scenes that everyone remembers is Joker chasing the police trucks and Bane hijacking the plane.

you mean that thing that movies do to create interesting and realistic characters that define them as good movies?

I thought I was watching Batman, not a Police Crime Drama. Superheroes aren't realistic.

I think 50% character development and 50% action makes a good movie. The trilogy is just 90% character development and 10% action.

you mean the two movies that have really good writing and character development via characters talking and also some of the worst most fake looking action sequences like ever in history?

Um, since when were superhero action scenes not fake?

the action scenes were so underwhelming you mean the 95% nearly completely practical action sequences with no boring over-abundance

• I don't mind the practical effects. I love the original Terminator. But they're just unmemorable and unsatisfying, the only scenes that everyone remembers is Joker chasing the police trucks and Bane hijacking the plane.

That's kind of a fair point, but you also have to realize that you don't speak for everyone. There's a whole lot of scenes in the trilogy that look fantastic and everyone really loves.

• Wayne Manor being burnt down
    • Batman and Gordon vs the Ninja thugs
    • Joker's crew robbing the bank
    • Batman vs the Batman Imposters
    • Joker blowing up the hospital
    • Batman vs the SWAT team
    • Batman vs Harvey Dent (excellent scene btw)
    • Batman and Catwoman on the rooftop
    • The sewer fight with Bane
    • Catwoman and the cops taking back Gotham

These are all excellent, well executed action scenes that exist solely to propel the plot forward in an entertaining way that also makes sense in the confines of the story itself. It's completely fine that you don't like it and I completely get that, but give some credit man.

I thought I was watching Batman, not a Police Crime Drama. Superheroes aren't realistic.

That's entirely personal preference though. Me I prefer my superheroes grounded in reality and interesting with a lot of depth. I enjoy goofy comic book movies but I just think realistic heroes are more interesting and entertaining.

Also what are you talking about the best Batman comics in general were always detective crime dramas aSSADSADFWDF

I think 50% character development and 50% action makes a good movie. The trilogy is just 90% character development and 10% action.

Another personal preference thing. I would much rather see characters with well written interactions than CGI baddies thrown into buildings and fighting on top of a rooftop to stop a blue laser or space portal or lizard gas or whatever.

Um, since when were superhero action scenes not fake?

You're missing the point entirely. The problem more lies in the fact that none of it looks good and it's all like an ugly PS1 FMV. Superhero movies can have massive CGI shitfests of fights and still look good. If you go back and rewatch the prison break scene in Guardians of the Galaxy, you'll notice that like 80% of it is CGI, but it still looks really fucking good and the CGI blends in with the real stuff flawlessly. Compared to Wonder Woman which looks awful and everything is either a sensory overload or fucking rubber dolls whacking each other. Nothing in that movie looks good. The colors are shit, the CGI is shit, the action is boring, etc. It's very obviously fake but a *******GOOD******* action sequence should do it's damndest to blur that line.

you mean the 95% nearly completely practical action sequences with no boring over-abundance of fake looking CGI and are shot better than the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.