Do We Truly Know What The Latter Half of Season 2 Was Supposed To Be?

edited May 2018 in The Walking Dead

People have pulled up scrapped content, mined the game files, searched for concept art, and pieced together theories about Season 2's "Amid The Ruins" and "Better To Sleep"/"No Going Back". With all of that, has any TTG's staff member for VA confirmed or shed light on what was originally planned for those two episodes? It's a major mystery that I'm sure would interest fans. We don't have a the-making-of type of commentary for S2 to reveal all the ins, outs, and what-ifs. I know there are content creators that don't really like delving out such information because A) it's unfinished/incomplete work and/or B) what is scrapped could be picked up and used in the future. It would just be cool to hear where they were originally going with S2, especially with the dark and somber overtones. @mostlypoptarts , maybe if enough people show interest, this could be a idea for your community interaction sessions that you asked ideas for about a month or so ago.

Comments

• Just gonna post here to call a moderator removing the Talk with Telltale tag and saying its only meant for official threads so I can pretend I am cool ;'(

• Eh, sort of a little bit, but not really.
    All we really know for comparatively sure are things like AJ being around, Clementine leaving with him, Wellington being at least a potential goal, and Luke [determinately] dying.

• We may have some sort of idea, according to this guy; but it's up to you whether or not you want to believe it. Personally I do, seeing as how a lot of it does make sense with the stuff that we do know was supposed to happen. He does update his information from time to time, most recently claiming that Wellington never existed.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/119722/season-2s-original-story

• The most concrete info we have comes from Mike's VA (who confirmed that Ralph/Mike are essentially the same person), the cut files in All That Remains, Jesse Maccabe's art dev blog, an interview with a former Telltale writer, and the diorama background change for In Harm's Way.

• most recently claiming that Wellington never existed.

Really now? I was just wondering about that after a reply last night, given Sean Vanaman's statement on All that Remains.

We may have some sort of idea, according to this guy; but it's up to you whether or not you want to believe it. Personally I do, seeing as h

• Their was that one YouTube comment that said tons of stuff, what he said could’ve been fake though.

• What did he say?

DabigRG posted: »

most recently claiming that Wellington never existed. Really now? I was just wondering about that after a reply last night, given Sean Vanaman's statement on All that Remains.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2018

mostlypoptarts didn't join Telltale until shortly before New Frontier launched, so I honestly don't know how much or how little she would know about Season 2 trivia I'm afraid. Likewise, it seems in the time since 2014 onward that several of the prominent writers and designers have since left Telltale for various reasons.

• edited May 2018

Wow! I can't believed I missed that thread. Assuming that all in there is true, I can see why it was cut. In my personal opinion, it wouldn't have been great for a game. If that story was used for a tv show or TWD mini-series on Netflix, then that would have made an amazing and dark story. That "original" story seemed kind of hard to make playable, and we see how fans react when the playable elements are removed from a TTG title a.k.a the experiment formally known as A New Frontier.

I think the Kenny aspect should have stayed. It made more sense as to why the leader of Howe's favored you [Clementine]. The favoritism could allow Clem to have more accommodating dwellings and extra freedom in Howe's. This would allow more interaction with the Howe's group and more hub opportunities as Clem could freely walk around and get away with it. The Luke-walkie-talkie moment could be the point in which Kenny would then lose trust in Clem, put her back with the rest of the cabin group, and the Howe's sequence can continue almost as it did in the game (the intercom to summon walkers to escape parts).

I think the dark ending would have worked minus the hypothermia parts since that would have basically assured Clem's death if we were to be realistic. It would have included a lot more characters and dynamics. Also, watching everyone (not just Jane for 1/2 an episode and Kenny for 2-1/2 episodes) spiral out of control would make more sense as to why Clem feels the need to shoot everyone at the end (it wasn't everyone, but you know what I mean).

So yeah... that thread may or may not have had any truth in it, but it's enough for me to close the case of "What Happened To TellTale's The Walking Dead: Season Two!?!?" [plays 1950's murder mystery soundtrack]

We may have some sort of idea, according to this guy; but it's up to you whether or not you want to believe it. Personally I do, seeing as h

• That he only recognized about two things from his original script for that episode and thus does not claim creative responsibility for the Season.

What did he say?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.