The Wolf Among Us 2 Coming in 2019

Comments

• So I guess we have to wait for 2019 now? Man,well I think I can wait,but still want to see some gameplay.

• Kinda wish Telltale did a lot of teasing for their games before real news and stuff like that. Its fun to see developers send cryptic pictures and messages on things like twitter for fans to start to speculate what they are about and stuff, like for example if they posted like a silhouette of a character in Season 2.

strwar3 posted: »

So I guess we have to wait for 2019 now? Man,well I think I can wait,but still want to see some gameplay.

• I agree, but to play Devil's Advocate for Telltale - they see their games as largely interactive cinema (or, at least they did prior to Hawley joining). So in terms of gameplay, there is only so much to promote - especially with all their older games using the same template post-Walking Dead. Plus, the stuff they do promote could be subject to change (again, this may vary under Pete Hawley's way of doing things).

Poogers555 posted: »

Kinda wish Telltale did a lot of teasing for their games before real news and stuff like that. Its fun to see developers send cryptic pictur

• edited May 2018

Missed it, but I don't care. Don't have any questions on my mind anyway.

Just one thing: Good luck.

Thanks for letting us know of this delay (even though you have made our dark nightmares come true), but giving yourself more time to work this series out is for the best.
    You need all the time you can get, especially with what the company has endured over the past year.

Edit: I realise this comment seems pessimistic and "oh yeah, you guys were so boned after the past year BLEH HEHEHE Delay everything while you still can!"
    ...I don't mean that at all. I got faith. I'm just glad that we've got this impromptu update and tiny AMA, and here I am with nothing of importance to say. Or something like that.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

So... did you look at the logo?

Kinda wish Telltale did a lot of teasing for their games before real news and stuff like that. Its fun to see developers send cryptic pictur

• Well it is blue has Snow's snowflakes....so winter themed?

• edited May 2018

So, you guys made some significant improvements on making choices matter with Batman The Enemy Within. Can we expect to see similar tricks up you your sleeves for Walking Dead The Final Season as well as the next season of The Wolf Among Us?

If a longer wait means that we will be getting games with more quality, then by all means do it!
    Good luck @Alyssa_TTG and @Nicole_M ! The pressure is on! :smile:

• I have a question guys, will Twau S2 already be using the Unity engine?

• I applaud you guys along with your new practices.

I'd much rather have Wolf come out 2019 instead of Q4 2018. I think that this quality>quality approach is really helping Telltale and it's employees. I hope this delay is thanks to a new engine >:)

It's also great to see us get more employee interaction and news after my thread. Shoutouts for @mostlypoptarts for being a forum MVP!

Also, I know those lips are sealed... but...
    Reveal at the game awards???

• Also can I get a rip from @mostlypoptarts for @Pipas from my discord server :(

• edited May 2018

Inb4 the Winter Wolf fake DLC was actually real and remade into Season 2.

Well it is blue has Snow's snowflakes....so winter themed?

• Press F to pay respects.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Also can I get a rip from @mostlypoptarts for @Pipas from my discord server

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2018

...hmm, seems like that muggy, humid New York heatwave from Season 1 has finally cooled down? :smiley:

• Good news tbh....I have faith in you telltale :)

edited May 2018

@Pipas RIP

Also can I get a rip from @mostlypoptarts for @Pipas from my discord server

• You
    da
    real
    MVP

@Pipas RIP

• Hey, it'll be for the better. As much as it hurts to wait longer for such a great game series, if it means a better game, I'm alright with it. Also, better to delay the initial release than to have 4 month waits between episodes, heh.

• I'm actually VERY happy to hear this! The Wolf Among Us is truly one of a kind, and it has an immense nostalgic value to me so to hear that the game is delayed makes me feel better because the last thing I want is for it to be half assed and rushed. TWAU deserves all the development time it needs and I will be waiting patiently till the day its ready for release. Good luck @Telltale I have faith in you

• I can't wait! Hopefully the wait will be worth it!

I wonder how long it'll be before we hear more substantial news. Hopefully at the Game Awards :P

• I assumed the Snow flakes probably meant it will be winter themed (which seemed to be something a lot of people really wanted) but it could also mean Snow White (hopefully not playable though, I still really want to play as Bigby, or atleast do a 50/50 Bigby and Snow like Tales)

UNLESS its time to throw the logo under a microscope and examine everything pixel by pixel for a secret message!

Well it is blue has Snow's snowflakes....so winter themed?

• RIP James W, may he rest in homie.

Pipas posted: »

I put in coordinates to find your socks. Hid them real small.

I assumed the Snow flakes probably meant it will be winter themed (which seemed to be something a lot of people really wanted) but it could

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited May 2018

...ohhh, now the snowflakes make sense! It's to represent the snowflake's chance in hell that Poogers has at getting his socks! =)

Muhahaha! >:)

• edited May 2018

A surprising, but certainly understandable, decision. Had this occurred under previous leadership, I would be highly concerned. But thanks to recent changes, statements by Mr. Hawley regarding the company’s goals and objectives, and the info given in this statement, I have high hopes regarding the game.

• poptarts pls

• thank, it means a lot

@Pipas RIP

• Inb4 the Winter Wolf fake DLC was actually real and remade into Season 2

If this going to be a winter season 2 than who ever leaked that Winter Wolf fake DLC(which I guess now looks like they are putting it into in the season 2 of The Wolf Among Us)probably knew what they were doing. I member Telltale saying it was fake? It probably was now you are making it really happen? Not DLC,but still.

Pipas posted: »

• Telltale never actually confirmed it was fake (which was kinda weird seeing it lasted almost a month if I remember right) but I dont think he actually had any insider info. I said it somewhere else but the Winter theme for Wolf Among Us S2 has always been a pretty popular idea, but if Telltale did see the Winter Wolf stuff then it is possible they liked the idea of setting it in the winter based on it.

Strangely there was also some fake Borderlands episode 5 leak showing off the credits using the "Livin Thing" song by ELO which was later used in GOTG which I think its pretty interesting

strwar3 posted: »

Inb4 the Winter Wolf fake DLC was actually real and remade into Season 2 If this going to be a winter season 2 than who ever leaked

• Like others have said before, it is better to go through thoroughly regarding all things (making sure that the game is canon to Bill Willingham's Fable lore and what happened in TWAU season 1, game looks good, while making a really kickass game etc, etc.....) rather than rushing into the game's production when things are not ready.
    As long as the final game is good, development time/delays are of no concern to me.

All the Best Wishes to you TWAU s02 Team!!

I will be waiting.

• but if Telltale did see the Winter Wolf stuff then it is possible they liked the idea of setting it in the winter based on it.

Yeah it kinda interesting.

Telltale never actually confirmed it was fake (which was kinda weird seeing it lasted almost a month if I remember right) but I dont think h

• Thank you for the information. I’m sad but still very happy bigby will be back

• Anyone else hoping Telltale goes back to how they use to do menus? Wolf Among Us' menu was great and really gets you in the mood. I also just really wish how each game use to have a unique menu layout, it kinda sucks how now they make the menu's all the same, kinda removes the uniqueness

• It wouldnt be TWAU without a strip club, like if you agree yeeee? XDD

• You gotta admit the Minecraft 2 and GOTG menu's are really dope and some catchy music

Batman: The Enemy Within on the other hand was just... ew

I just want the 3d episode slides again. :(

Anyone else hoping Telltale goes back to how they use to do menus? Wolf Among Us' menu was great and really gets you in the mood. I also jus

• edited May 2018

Yes but sadly those are the only 2 that did something different with their menus, but after you hit episodes it goes to the same lay out for episodes and all that again. I miss the really big episode slides that were more dynamic than what we have now which are just "title click" "image" start episode. Miss having the whole theme of the main menu being in the entire menu.

Not the biggest fan of the news feed they have either. Its not that bad but its basically just a glorified ad that takes up a big spot on menu. I just wish they ditched the "Netflix style" theme already, makes everything feel samey. If Telltale wants to show they are done with the "quantity over quality" they should ditch it to detach their new games from the old, "spit these out as fast as possible same lay out" games.

You gotta admit the Minecraft 2 and GOTG menu's are really dope and some catchy music Batman: The Enemy Within on the other hand was just... ew I just want the 3d episode slides again.

• When youve been waiting for Wolf S2 for 4 years but then its annouced its delayed and youll have to wait 5 years

• I was angry when I read the news. but now im crying...................I was sooo looking forwards for this noooooooooooooo
    https://goo.gl/images/nhBx6a

• I would really like suggestions for other PC games to play (non TTG) while I wait for TT to release stuff. Oh, but not the whatever to LiS, cuz I hated Chloe in LiS. I was okay with Max being a lesbian or bi, I just didn't like that they forced you to have feelings for Chloe whether you wanted Max to feel that way towards her or not.

• I don't really know what you like but here's some games i really love :

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines (with the unofficial patch)

Games from Bioware : Knight of the old republic,Jade Empire,The Mass Effect Trilogy,Dragon Age..

Fahrenheit The Indigo Prophecy

There's probably more but these are the ones i have in mind right now.

ShampaFK posted: »

I would really like suggestions for other PC games to play (non TTG) while I wait for TT to release stuff. Oh, but not the whatever to LiS,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.