Comparing SOLO: A Star Wars Story and The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)

edited May 2018 in General Chat

Here's a video by Geekdom101, who brings up some really good points comparing SOLO and The Last Jedi movies. I know there's another thread talking about SOLO, but this is more of a Comparison. One point he makes is how The Last Jedi is effectively causing people to boycott SOLO, which is really unfair because SOLO is better than The Last Jedi in many ways. That makes me wonder, if people are boycotting SOLO because of The Last Jedi, is the same thing gonna happen with The Final Season of The Walking Dead? Let me know what you think of the video down below.

Comments

• Soylo A Soy Wars Sory. I think there are multiple reasons for people not seeing it:
    1. Yes you are right Last Jedi ruined fan expectations.
    2. Making annual Star Wars movies is leading to year on year ticket sales dropping cause it's not special anymore. They are trying to "Marvel" Star Wars and it's not working. Like this is 5 months after the Last Jedi disaster.
    3. Lucasfilm & Kathleen Kennedy's general attitude towards fans is unprofessional and their attempts to put political messages in their movies put off some people.
    4. No one wanted this movie... Harrison Ford is Han Solo getting another actor to play him in a story that didn't need to be told was risky from the beginning.
    5. Also I could add that the stories/new characters aren't good enough... Like I have zero emotional investment in Rey, Finn etc. I honestly don't care what happens to Rey cause she has won every fight and had zero struggles. With Force Awakens we got a New Hope knock off and Last Jedi a giant chase movie with glaring problems.
    6. Maybe some people just want Disney to change the direction for the better and fire Kathleen Kennedy?

1. No one wanted this movie... Harrison Ford is Han Solo getting another actor to play him in a story that didn't need to be told was risky from the beginning.

It would have been less risky if Anthony Ingruber was the one chosen to play Han Solo.

Soylo A Soy Wars Sory. I think there are multiple reasons for people not seeing it: 1. Yes you are right Last Jedi ruined fan expectations.

• haha true. I'm pretty sure he auditioned too.

AronDracula posted: »

* No one wanted this movie... Harrison Ford is Han Solo getting another actor to play him in a story that didn't need to be told was risky f

• edited May 2018

Harrison Ford is Han Solo

I don’t believe in judging characters based on their actor, as long as we know it’s Han Solo it really isn’t a big deal. Besides, I think Alden Ehrenreich did a good job as Han, he nailed the smile, the gun pose and pretty much everything else, the only things that were a bit off were obviously the appearance and the voice, but I could see Han looking like that considering it is about a decade and a half before a new hope.

Soylo A Soy Wars Sory. I think there are multiple reasons for people not seeing it: 1. Yes you are right Last Jedi ruined fan expectations.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.