How did Javier become homeless?

If he was a famous baseball player, he should’ve been raking in millions. Did he gamble everything?

Comments

• I dont think its ever said he is homeless, but it is revealed he lost most of the money because gambling.

However realistically if he was as famous as he was and playing baseball for a few years it seems weird he lost so much money. Unless he went full dumb dumb and bet almost everything.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2018

Unless he went full dumb dumb and bet almost everything.

I could see that being the case. Gambling is a slippery slope. You've probably heard about the sunken cost fallacy and all that. Someone that gambles enough-- or is just reckless enough-- can perpetually dig themselves into a deeper and deeper hole.

Or maybe the guy lost some of his money, then just burned the rest of it away on stupid shit. I mean, Javi does kinda seem like he'd be the materialistic, party animal type of guy.

And to @Cosmic_Boy: Nice to see a fellow Gorillaz fan. Or maybe you just like Ace. Cool either way.

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont think its ever said he is homeless, but it is revealed he lost most of the money because gambling. However realistically if he was

• I like them lol, and I changed my profile pic to Ace because his new design looks really cool.

Deltino posted: »

Unless he went full dumb dumb and bet almost everything. I could see that being the case. Gambling is a slippery slope. You've proba

• Honestly, I don't think he really ever had a house of his own.
    The thing about sports playing athletes is that they tend to get spotted out and drafted while still taking up their higher or even secondary education. At that in with the fact that his their career means they tend to travel a lot. Add in his playful attitude, David's comments about a year abroad, and the afformentioned gambling and it's not hard to guess that he probably didn't stay anywhere for too long to say he has a place to return to on his own.

With that said, it's also worth noting that he was just staying with Rafa until he could get a new job.

• Like most things on this game its never explicitly stated at all. At lost we can assume he lost it all gambling. But really this was just as explained as who Gabe and Marianas mom is, Why Kate ever married David, what happened to their uncle and the list goes on and on

• The uncle thing is actually rather obvious--he was bitten by Rafa's walker at some point and tried to hide it, so clearly he ended up turning, Javi/Kate had to deal with him, and that's how they learned what the bite does.
    Fair enough on the others.

Clemenem posted: »

Like most things on this game its never explicitly stated at all. At lost we can assume he lost it all gambling. But really this was just as

Sign in to comment in this discussion.