New season for Batman The Telltale series?

Hello! I'm a big Batman fan!
I have a question when will a new season for Batman come out? Are more seasons planned?

Comments

• I hope so!! But given how it season 2 ends, it's hard to say.

• Yes but it have two endings!

• I actually feel like if there wasn't going to be a s3 then s2 would have ended with more deaths and determinant fates. You can tell it is kept rather open for another season.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I hope so!! But given how it season 2 ends, it's hard to say.

• I do think they intentionally left it so if they wanted to that they could. I'm just not sure if they intend to.

I actually feel like if there wasn't going to be a s3 then s2 would have ended with more deaths and determinant fates. You can tell it is kept rather open for another season.

• Gotta agree with you, i'm sure they made it that way so they could have all options to themselves but after seeing all the positive feedback by both gaming sites and the TT Community im confident that we'll get another season.

I do think they intentionally left it so if they wanted to that they could. I'm just not sure if they intend to.

• So, next up is the last season of The Walking Dead, then we get season two of The Wolf Among Us... Batman season three after that? :)

• The Wolf Among Us season two is...next year? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

19Street95 posted: »

So, next up is the last season of The Walking Dead, then we get season two of The Wolf Among Us... Batman season three after that?

• It is supposed to be this year but with TWD probably getting pushed back we probably won't see TWAU until next year.

The Wolf Among Us season two is...next year? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

• I think a S3 will probably happen, wont be announced for a while though most likely.

• Maybe They will announce it in June at E3?

• Okay. ? Thank you!

It is supposed to be this year but with TWD probably getting pushed back we probably won't see TWAU until next year.

• Also I think they said GoT S2 is still happening...sooo we have that.

• GOT S2 is so annoyingly uncertain.

Also I think they said GoT S2 is still happening...sooo we have that.

• You gotta have....FAITH!

GOT S2 is so annoyingly uncertain.

• I'm fairly confident by this time next year S3 will be announced. It will follow TWD S4, TWAU S2. So after both of those games are completed it should be good to go.

• Season two felt like a finale to me. I just think it would be harder to make another season with how they ended things

• I disagree, or if it is it's a weak finale since there are so many loose strings and questions unanswered.
    I would say it's more like a build-up to what to come, we get to know the scenario of the main characters and their status and hopefully, we will build on that in season three.

It has been stated before and at first, I was doubting that it would be hard to continue the story but after reading what people have written here on this forum I changed my mind, sure it will not be "easy" to attach ALL the strings together but it is definitely doable.

Season two felt like a finale to me. I just think it would be harder to make another season with how they ended things

• Season 2 was awesome, but when considering it as a mid chapter, otherwise, I would not call it a satisfying ending.

I totally agree with @19Street95, that S2 didn't feel like a finale chapter in this story. After all, we have just seen the birth of the Joker. Also Bruce at the beginning and middle of S2 is still a rookie in "being Batman", and I would say, that by the end of this season we are finally seeing more "evolved" and experienced Batman. Even despite the fact that Bruce can possibly quit being Batman by the end of S2 (which can be easily fixed with donning the cowl again in face of some deadly threat to Gotham), it all feels like the beginning, not the ending. There is so much potential in the subplots already created in S1 and S2, a lot of characters in this game with unresolved plotlines, not to mention how reach is the source material of Batman's universe, so I believe that if only Telltale would like to continue this story, they would be able to come up with more high quality chapters.

If to analyze all the decisions we could have made in S1 and S2, which should be taken into account in S3, then I am sure it is possible to find a creative way to get them all down to one single main path in S3 (which can be then split into multiple new decisions again), but still keeping the 'feeling' of our choices really mattering. It is all really about this 'feeling' of our unique stories, but in fact sometimes it is achieved only by a few lines of dialogue added here and there or some character appearing for one or two scenes for some players and for others not.

Also, I think it would not make much sense to start publishing "Sins of the father" comics after finale of S2, when S3 is not planned. It looks more like a thing done to keep interest in the game for people who read comics, until the next season will be announced.

I totally count on S3 happening as soon as possible. It would make sense for it to be next game after the release of the final TWD season and second season of TWAU. Maybe it would be announced next to some new (maybe original) game from TTG - in that case they would have one safe bet (because we know we all would play S3 of Batman, and TTG can probably bet on it after good press, positive reviews and probably quite good sales of S2) and one new/experimental game with more uncertain sales, which I think would be quite reasonable way of publishing. But we will see. I would sleep better knowing that S3 will happen :wink:

Season two felt like a finale to me. I just think it would be harder to make another season with how they ended things

• edited May 2018

Nah, didn't feel like a finale at all to me. Gotta agree with both @19Street95 and @Gartives. It's not easy to connect all the strings and endings but i say they'll just do a time jump and some new Villain/s endangering Gotham that will force Bruce to become Batman again. Telltale has experienced writers that i'm sure will manage to connect all this in some plausible way. All the choices given to us in the last scenes of E5 just seemed like a set up for S3 to me. Like @Gartives already said, Batman's story is just getting started, S2 was the second threat he had to face and i'm sure there are many more to come, and what Batman would like to miss out on that? What made me really confident in a potential S3 was the final scene with John in Arkham, especially the Villain path one where he draws a smile on Bruce's doll which just felt that there are more things to come and that isn't the ending. That scene to me said "Hey, lets see if our work paid off and if it does we can talk about S3." Because it wasn't as clear as the final scene with John sitting in the Stacked Deck in S1 basically announcing S2. Shortly after the release of E5 Pete Hawely (CEO Telltale) was asked on Twitter if there is going to be a S3 and he replied the following:

Now, judging by this and the newly released Accolades trailer where the info box states the following; "Believe the hype. Play the full season of Batman: The Enemy Within - available now!" and also all the positive reception by fans and media i'd say season 3 is VERY possible.

• That comment by Hawley means nothing. It was the ONLY season they put out since he got there. Thinking about it. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

• It means that S2 isn't supposed to be the finale, if it would be Telltale would've let us know by now...

AeroRep posted: »

That comment by Hawley means nothing. It was the ONLY season they put out since he got there. Thinking about it. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

• edited May 2018

if it would be Telltale would've let us know by now...

Still waiting for Telltale to tell us if Game Of Thrones S2 is cancelled or not.

Pyro902 posted: »

It means that S2 isn't supposed to be the finale, if it would be Telltale would've let us know by now...

• Isn't it on hold until the HBO series ends? At least that is what the thread is saying.
    (https://telltale.com/community/discussion/105030/updated-8-29-17-season-2-pre-season-news-thread-season-2-on-hold-until-hbo-show-ends#latest)

I didn't say Telltale is transparent on everything they work on did i? Only thing i said is that IF S2 would've been the end they'd introduce it in a whole different way like they're doing right now with the last season of TWD.

iFoRias posted: »

if it would be Telltale would've let us know by now... Still waiting for Telltale to tell us if Game Of Thrones S2 is cancelled or not.

• Id still say Season 2 of GOT is canceled. This just seems like something to say because they didnt have a real answer and wouldnt want to confirm GOT S2 be canceled during that interview. If I remember right, right after this interview another leak from former staff confirmed again S2 was canned.

Pyro902 posted: »

Isn't it on hold until the HBO series ends? At least that is what the thread is saying. (https://telltale.com/community/discussion/105030/

• They definitely made it open for a third season. The Joker for example, becomes a Villain either way. His dialogue might be different but he still is a villain

• I really hope there is a season 3. TEW was really experimental with game mechanics to the point where “Same Stitch” was split in two depending on your actions. Telltale has a lot of potential to work with if they do make season 3.

• I'm sure there will be, but I wouldn't bet on it coming within the next couple of years. I was actually shocked at how soon The Enemy Within came after season 1.

• They killed off too many of the characters and made those deaths determinant; it would have been too difficult probably to continue the story in any meaningful way. So, yeah, probably canceled.

Poogers555 posted: »

Id still say Season 2 of GOT is canceled. This just seems like something to say because they didnt have a real answer and wouldnt want to co

• That's a pretty stupid reason to cancel something. "So this game might require effort... fuck it, let's just cancel it and not tell the fans"

ShampaFK posted: »

They killed off too many of the characters and made those deaths determinant; it would have been too difficult probably to continue the story in any meaningful way. So, yeah, probably canceled.

• I say they should go for it. Season 3 would effectively be the Dark Knight Rises of Telltale's trilogy of Batman games... commencing with either a Batman who has effectively abandoned Bruce Wayne and Alfred, or a Bruce Wayne who has abandoned Batman. Both would be very different ways of opening a season if done well, alongside Bruce's relationship with John and the set up for other characters. But I would also want them to do it right and not rush ensuring the set ups are there.

• I mean it is Telltale, the whole season would have a ton of determinate stuff so it is possible, although I dont think thats why.

Personally I think HBO canceled their contract with them in all honesty. It probably didnt sell as much as they were hoping and the overall reviews were mediocre. I still think GOT S2 is the weirdest thing about Telltale though, announced after S1 on a nobody gaming site to just never be mentioned again. Not sure why Telltale refuses to ever address GOT 2 though, I mean they ignore it more than they ignored Wolf S2.

That's a pretty stupid reason to cancel something. "So this game might require effort... fuck it, let's just cancel it and not tell the fans"

• I may have been grasping at straws. It's just that the reason they gave, we want to wait until the HBO show wraps up, just rings hollow. Plus, it's not as if the Forresters figure in any significant way into the main GOT story; they're affected by the events but don't shape them. I mean, their game ends around season five of the show so they have plenty of material with which to work with. I suppose it could also have been that the sales did not meet their expectations/wants. If that was the case, then it would have been nice for them to say that and be honest.
    In terms of Batman, and whether it gets a new season (I hope!) luckily they aren't tied too much to a canon. Apart from TWDS4 (which was supposed to have released this quarter but they've been mum on a release date) and TWAU (supposedly the fourth quarter of this year but who knows when that'll be released) there haven't been announcements of what they'll do in 2019.
    On the other hand, they did lay off a bunch of people... and that might mean that they just produce a whole lot less and that there's more wait time between stuff.

That's a pretty stupid reason to cancel something. "So this game might require effort... fuck it, let's just cancel it and not tell the fans"

• If it's because of sales then yeah, that makes more sense. That's a business decision. Despite how much it may disappoint me that makes more sense.

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean it is Telltale, the whole season would have a ton of determinate stuff so it is possible, although I dont think thats why. Persona

• The reason why I think there has to be another season is because TellTale left this season vague. Think about all the things Bruce went through this season. What did he achieve at the end of this season? He got the worst of all the characters at the end of the season. He lost one of the two things he cares about. Which is why I think TellTale is going to make another season and hopefully Bruce will have a happy ending.

• I'm fairly confident there will be a S3 after TWAU releases. So maybe around August of next year.

• Hopefully. As much as I liked Season 2, it left too many things open-ended to just stop the series right then and there.

• they'll probably announce it in the 2019 summer update and confirm a 2020 release date (They may even post post it later to 2021) But they better keep John Doe, they can't just add some new characters, just like how the Dark Knight Rises was gonna have the Joker before the actor died.

• One thing we gotta remember- even though it ended the way it did it'll most likely rectify itself one way or the other in a possible season 3. I feel like Bruce/Batman's journey or story isn't entirely finished yet- it's likely that they will work on a new season once they complete Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us.

• Speaking of vague endings, GOT had a ton of loose ends, plus the fact that they announced a season two after the end of season one, but have announced jack shit about it since really doesn't bode well for a future season of Batman. Just because there are loose threads does not mean TT will release a sequel to series, is all I'm saying. GOT season finale came out November of 2015. They gave some lame-ass excuse about how they wanted to know how the TV show was going to end before they released season two. We've heard crickets about a follow up to GOT season one, and people expect an announcement about Batman season three? There will have been a five year wait span between season one and two of TWAU. I was very pleasantly surprised when they announced season two of Bats, but also annoyed that it wasn't a season two of GOT because I'd been waiting on that longer.

The reason why I think there has to be another season is because TellTale left this season vague. Think about all the things Bruce went thro

• I'd love one, but as said before... GoT had a very open ended ending, to the point where a lot of us thought the next season would come pretty quickly. We were terribly wrong.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.