Wolfenstein Young Blood Receives Sexist Hate

Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
edited June 2018 in General Chat

Upon the reveal of Wolfenstein: Young Blood, many fans of the Wolfenstein series have responded with dislike over Blazkowitz's twin daughters being the main protagonists of this new game.

Wolfenstein fans, what is your take on this? Are you against the idea of Young Blood having its two protagonists being female? Are you in favor of two female protagonist? Does it not matter to you?

For those of you who aren't fans of Wolfenstein, what is your take on females being the protagonists in many games of today?

Comments

• edited June 2018

Not a Wolfenstein fan so I could be wrong but I'm assuming people are complaining because you were the same character in the past two games, again I could be wrong. Anyway I've come to prefer female characters over male, simply a personal thing with me as I tend to find female characters more likeable. I find it pretty petty, but if playing as a female bothers people that much, just don't play it, come back when you grow up.

EDIT: But I think it's probably because people would prefer to play the previous protagonist.

EDIT 2: Okay, nevermind. Out of curiosity I checked out the comment section and it's really just petty and sexist. "Why not A male and a female?" "Respect wahmen!" "Tired of companies shoehorning women into lead roles." For fucks sake it's just stupid. People are two focused on the fact that they're women so now they have this idea in their heads that it's forced representation. Do people hate SJW's so much now that they become sexist? Sorry if my rant has derailed the thread but man that just pisses me off.

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

I'm assuming people are complaining because you were the same character in the past two games

Yeah the protagonist in the past two games were the same guy.

I think it's probably because people would prefer to play the previous protagonist

Most people in the Videos' comment section on YouTube were complaining about the protagonists being female.

I find it pretty petty, but if playing as a female bothers people that much, just don't play it, come back when you grow up.

I agree.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Not a Wolfenstein fan so I could be wrong but I'm assuming people are complaining because you were the same character in the past two games,

• edited June 2018

Why do people still need to look at things in terms of gender? People are people, so what if they have a focken penis or not

• Probably the same people who complained that the previous game was anti-fa.

• Can I get a source of people being upset over this please? This seems like the minority.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2018

I agree that being mad over female characters sounds kinda dumb, but regretfully, discussions like this in the past over "hot button issues" on the forums have not typically had a good run at trying to be mature and civil. For the sake of being impartial, I'm going to close this thread as per the Forum Guidelines about no controversial discussions.

Forum Guideline 1.3 Avoid posting content that is obscene, gross, violent or otherwise NSFW. Also avoid discussions of topics that lead into controversial or inflammatory discussions such as politics or religion.

This discussion has been closed.