Best Longrunner: Clem or Ken?

Okay, since this place is finally crawl into a ditch, let's raise some sand/salt with a question almost anyone can answer: Who is the better character?

https://strawpoll.com/gzk6zyra

Comments

• Overall I would say that the themes that surrounded Kenny's character arc were handled better than the ones in Clem's. That and as a character Clementine really only excelled at being a morality chain in Season 1, as a playable character in S2 to a side character in A New Frontier she ranged from ok to falling completely flat. While Kenny did have some flaws in his character design his traits were largely consistent and his development was in line with his defined arc throughout, something I can't exactly say for Clem (though most of that is because being a playable character meant most of her development in S2 couldn't really be pinpointed.)

So while Clem's great I choose Kenny.

• Season 1 Kenny was amazing, not a fan of season 2 Kenny as much

Clem is consistently good-ish not so much in ANF

I think theyre about equal all in all

• I completely agree.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Overall I would say that the themes that surrounded Kenny's character arc were handled better than the ones in Clem's. That and as a charact

• Kenny. He makes me laugh. Clementine has 0 sense of humor. Kenny has lost more than she ever had, and he's always staying positive. Clementine is always depressed or mad.

• You know, I'm genuinely surprised there's only five posts here over the course of two days.

On the other hand, I also love how the actual bars gets shorter and shorter as they go down the list. :lol:

• Man, this is a hard one. Both great characters in their own ways. Kenny bossed 2 seasons in a row and then the games started to fall apart once he left as a regular (this could change with season 4 though). If I had to choose, probably Kenny on the basis that he fulfilled his potential as a character, whilst Clementine didn't or hasn't as yet.

• I'd say Clementine because we grew up taking care of her and tbh, the telltale walking dead series is Clementine's story.

• Considering I had to beat the hell out of him on the train in season 1 right before he jumped into a bottle, and berate him in season 2 when he was lashing out at everyone in his own anguish, I can't say that he's always staying positive lol. I love Kenny, but that dude is as screwed up in the head as you'd expect.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Kenny. He makes me laugh. Clementine has 0 sense of humor. Kenny has lost more than she ever had, and he's always staying positive. Clementine is always depressed or mad.

• Considering I had to beat the hell out of him on the train

??? I mean his son got bit after all that time they spent surviving, so he was in denial and didn’t want to believe ithes really stubborn. When they found the boat his mood changed

He was lashing out at everyone in his own anguish

This dude lost his wife twice. He watched his second wife as she got her head axed in. Him lashing out was just his way of letting off some serious steam.After that he was still trying to do right by everyone even though he was losing it???‍♂️

Considering I had to beat the hell out of him on the train in season 1 right before he jumped into a bottle, and berate him in season 2 when

• edited June 2018

I'm not sure how all of that equates to a character that makes you laugh lol. I got love for ya, so no disrespect is intended, but Kenny is as gloomy as Clem, as you said he's lost his family twice and had to watch or determinately put down or walk away from his son turning(I stopped Duck from turning in all of my playthroughs), where Clementine is a kid who's lost her entire family before even knowing she did. With all they've lost they're kind of on equal footing, I was really disappointed in Kenny because he's a grown ass man, after everything we went through in season one he kinda shut down. Not just me as Clementine, but me as a fan of his, it was sad but also frustrating to see him shut down everyone, even the kid he saw through such a horrible time, who was such good friends with his son. Kenny was a frustratingly awesome character.

Considering I had to beat the hell out of him on the train ??? I mean his son got bit after all that time they spent surviving, so h

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited June 2018

I got love for ya, so disrespect is intended

Awwwwwww, really? Thanks ???

I'm not sure how all of that equates to a character that makes you laugh lol

How stubborn and demanding he can be makes me laugh. And the way he talks. His reactions too.

Kenny was a frustratingly awesome character

It's not too late for him to go back being how he was in season 1. The writers could possibly change him back in TFS(unlikely), but that's if you decided to split after reaching Wellington.

Kenny is as gloomy as Clem

Only during the worst of times. In the good-bad times, he's chipper. Remember the car scene before he got destroyed, and when they found the boat in the boat shed? It could be raining food, safety, and zombie repellent(if such a thing existed), and she'd STILL be the most melancholy person around.

Clementine is a kid who's lost her entire family before even knowing she did

That's better than having to Watch your family die. with Kenny being the man in charge of keeping his family safe, he had no control over duck getting bitten and Katjaa scrambling her brains, and couldn't do anything to stop either of them from happening. Clementine on the other hand had the luxury of not having to witness her family die in front of her.

I'm not sure how all of that equates to a character that makes you laugh lol. I got love for ya, so no disrespect is intended, but Kenny is

• edited June 2018

You know, I'm genuinely surprised there's only five posts here over the course of two days.

Usually the critical thought provoking posts on here don't tend to generate a ton of replies over the emotionally charged/controversial ones I've noticed..You'd have to post something about Gabe being the perfect abusive lover for bi-Clem, Kenny being better than Jane in every way, gay Javier being a love ❤️ slave to Jesus and or Season three being the best logical change of pace for the series overall etc.. Like how celebrity reality TV shows gain more views than probably the news.

DabigRG posted: »

You know, I'm genuinely surprised there's only five posts here over the course of two days. On the other hand, I also love how the actual bars gets shorter and shorter as they go down the list.

• Yeah, I suppose you're more than on the ball, unfortunately.

You'd have to post something about bi-Clem being the perfect abusive lover for Gabe
    Kenny being better than Jane in almost every way,

Fixed. :lol:

gay Javier being a love ❤️ slave to Jesus
    Season three being the best logical change of pace for the series overall

Egh...no comment.

Ladariel posted: »

You know, I'm genuinely surprised there's only five posts here over the course of two days. Usually the critical thought provoking p

• Kenny has had actual character development that makes you either love him or hate him. As for Clem, she was a plot device (a very well made plot device) in season one, a playable character in season two, a pretty flat character in ANF, and now a playable character again in TFS, so... I love Clem, but Kenny is a way better constructed character.

• edited June 2018

@Cosmic_Boy This damn phone autocorrects at will, no disrespect was intended, no idea why it catches phrases sometimes. It does get annoying though lol

Well, she did kinda watch her family die, season one culminated in her seeing her zombified parents. This is from a childs perspective, mind you, and season one really nailed it in terms of Lee and Clems relationship so it was hard to see her finally accept they were gone in that scene. I dealt with the walker in the attic in episode 4, I really liked Kenny throughout both seasons. I don't think I'll be attending either of their comedy acts though, I can see a lot of existential crises resulting lol

I got love for ya, so disrespect is intended Awwwwwww, really? Thanks ??? I'm not sure how all of that equates to a character

• Seen little rumors about that shortly after season 3 concluded when J&J have that little flirtatious talk in the streets of Richmond.

Yeah, I suppose you're more than on the ball, unfortunately. You'd have to post something about bi-Clem being the perfect abusive lov

• Yeah, well, hopefully they mainly stay little rumors.

Seen little rumors about that shortly after season 3 concluded when J&J have that little flirtatious talk in the streets of Richmond.

• Why? I never cared myself..

Yeah, well, hopefully they mainly stay little rumors.

• That's essentially why. Not that any determinant hint to the notion is straight up blacklisted from the game, but it's such a thrown quasi-thread that I don't really see much point in showcasing such.

Why? I never cared myself..

• Okay, thus far, Clementine is the collective winner at 40-45 votes to Kenny's 33-38.

• Did you bump this because you wanted more people to give an input?

Okay, thus far, Clementine is the collective winner at 40-45 votes to Kenny's 33-38.

• Sorta, but not really. I was looking at some of my threads that could do with another post and/or update down the road and realized I forgot about it. So, if anyone really did lack enough interest to cease posting here, I might as well have a post declaring the winner/loser/results of the poll be one of the last ones.

Did you bump this because you wanted more people to give an input?

• You do know that everyone has lost people they love in apocalypse? Why should we cut Kenny any slack?

Considering I had to beat the hell out of him on the train ??? I mean his son got bit after all that time they spent surviving, so h

• uhhhhhh....because he deserves to be treated like Jesus Christ?????

You do know that everyone has lost people they love in apocalypse? Why should we cut Kenny any slack?

• I want you to think about what you just said. Twice.

uhhhhhh....because he deserves to be treated like Jesus Christ?????

Sign in to comment in this discussion.