Spoilers - What advice will you give about the ******?

Spoilers - What advice will you give about the gun?

I'm talking about during the sneak peak when AJ finds ammo for his gun and Clem gives him advice. The options are "Never hesitate", "Aim for the head", and "Save the last bullet for yourself".

I am curious as to what dialogue option you will likely pick. "Never hesitate" seems like it could backfire by making AJ act recklessly. "Save the last one" seems super dark to be telling him and we may be in trouble if he saves a bullet when he should in fact use it. Which leaves "Aim for the head" as the safe bet, imho.

Anyways I'm really hyped for the 14th and can't wait to play the final season

Comments

• Save the bullet.
    Use anything to break a skull. It's like butter.

• Aim for the head.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think i would choose to aim for the head.

• Save the last bullet for yourself.

• edited July 2018

Aim for the head. Telling a kid that if things get tough he should bite a bullet, is that what Kenny would want? Bullets aren't everything to do with killing walkers and they are in short supply. If I had more of a choice, I would tell him that he's faster than them, smarter than them, and tell him he should do whatever he can think of doing to escape before giving up. If anything to do with bullet conservation, I would be more like "Save a bullet for a friend" to give them mercy if something really bad happens to them.

• Aim for the head since that's also what my Lee told Clementine in the first season.

• I've been leaning more towards telling him to save the bullet, but after reading your comment I think you're right. Kenny would never want us to tell AJ to save a bullet to kill himself. He would want Clem to raise AJ to be capable but still give him a sense of childhood and happiness. Teaching the boy suicide is dark as fuck.

Aim for the head. Telling a kid that if things get tough he should bite a bullet, is that what Kenny would want? Bullets aren't everything t

• Aim for the head.

It's too soon to teach him to save the last bullet for yourself, that is if he lasts long enough to fully comprehend the meaning of the advice.

• You and practically 100% of players chose to aim for the head, because the community strays away from tough choices.

• I would tell AJ to aim for the head because it'd be a throwback to what my Lee told Clementine on the train while showing her how to use a gun. I would see it as Clementine teaching AJ what she learned from Lee.

• Was wondering where the "only use it if you have to" option was.

• Aim for the head.

• I wonder if you told him to aim for the head - would he then shoot the walker that tried to get in the car instead of looking away? Maybe down the line he's gonna need that bullet. He is a good shot after all.

• I personally like that answer. It's almost like letting him make his own decisions. Essentially think for yourself.

DabigRG posted: »

Was wondering where the "only use it if you have to" option was.

• That too. Good consideration.

I personally like that answer. It's almost like letting him make his own decisions. Essentially think for yourself.

• I think silence might be a good choice. Make him answer the question instead of giving it to him. Personally I'm kind of wishing there was a human option. Like DabigRG mentioned above. But if I had to say one it'd be never hesitate.

• "Aim for your own head. Right now. Just do it."

• That's also what I'm thinking. I bet he does something different in the car depending on what you told him

I wonder if you told him to aim for the head - would he then shoot the walker that tried to get in the car instead of looking away? Maybe down the line he's gonna need that bullet. He is a good shot after all.

• Yep, and I only bring this up because I know playing Telltale games, the smallest conversations can have the biggest impact somewhere down the line.

That's also what I'm thinking. I bet he does something different in the car depending on what you told him

• "Aim for the head." - Always use you gun to be lethal. (not something I want to encourage, he should chose where to shoot based on context, especially with humans)

"Save the last bullet." - Prioritize a quick and comfortable death over prioritizing avoiding it. (not something I want to encourage, one single bullet can make the difference)

"Never hesitate." - Shoot on impulse/never think twice. (not something I want to encourage, obvious reasons)

All the three have downsides to them. I'd like to check what silence leads to. I also wonder if the "Aim for the head." option is determinant. It's the same advice Lee determinately gives Clem in S1. Maybe that carries over? In which case I'd pick "Take a breath, hold it, and fire". (The other S1 option is "Squeeze the trigger, steadily.")

If silence sucks and the head option isn't determinant, then I'd chose "Aim for the head".

• This is stressful the more I think about it! I almost wish there were a way we were able to chose how we say things rather than just saying it lol. Silence might lead Shitbird into thinking Clem doesn't even know herself, so it'll be up to him to decide for himself. Which I don't think would be good just yet.

"Aim for the head." - Always use you gun to be lethal. (not something I want to encourage, he should chose where to shoot based on context,

• because the community strays away from tough choices.

I mean... wouldn’t you want to stay away from tough choices in real life too?

Ghetsis posted: »

You and practically 100% of players chose to aim for the head, because the community strays away from tough choices.

• Probably not because Clem said never hesitate but still he hesitated.

I wonder if you told him to aim for the head - would he then shoot the walker that tried to get in the car instead of looking away? Maybe down the line he's gonna need that bullet. He is a good shot after all.

• In before AJ blows a 4th of her face off in an instant.

Probably not because Clem said never hesitate but still he hesitated.

• Maybe down the line somewhere that bullet'll be much more useful. Unless they come across more ammo which is bound to happen, so I guess Shitbird'll just have to take a rain check lol.

Probably not because Clem said never hesitate but still he hesitated.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.