Can you help me please?Does restarting the first episode of Season 2 randomize the choices for S1?

edited July 2018 in The Walking Dead

Hello, fellow The Walking Dead fans. I really need your help. I don't know if the game is fucking with me or if i'm just paranoid. So, here's what happened :

When A New Frontier released last year, i didn't have time to play it(been very busy). Now that all of the stuff i had to do is over, i bought the season about a week ago. Somehow i lost my save files for Season 1 and Season 2, but i didn't notice until i finished A New Frontier. Thought the Story Generator was the only option there.

I was disappointed when i found out you could import your save files(that was after i completed A New Frontier). Therefore, i decided to replay Season 1 and 2(not gonna lie, i had a blast replaying them. Wasn't much of an explorer back in the day when they were released, so now i explored everything). Everything went smoothly. Finished Season 1 and yesterday i finished Season 2.

But, there was only one problem: i went into Documents to check the save files, and i see that my Season 1 save file had a different "last modified" date.This one said it was last modified in December 2013. I started the playthrough this Wednesday(July 18th 2018) and finished it the next day.My heart skipped a beat at that point, and i was like "Hold up. Please don't tell me i just played Season 2 on a test save file that i apparently forgot to delete" (there wasn't a problem when i played Season 1. I mean, it didn't show me that there already was a save file, as far as i remember). Did some tests(without removing that save file that states it was last modified in 2013). Tried to start a new S2 playthrough on a different save file, and the only save that was recognized was mine(It says that the last save occurred on July 19th 2018). That calmed me down a bit, but i wanted to be sure.

Therefore, i tried to restart episode 1 of S2 on a different save. My heart stopped for a moment when i saw that in the "Previously on The Walking Dead" scene(that shows you the choices from S1) was changed(for example, in my playthrough, i took Clem with me to Crawford. In this scene, apparently Lee told her to stay with Omid). I tried 2-3 more times, and they were all different. Does that mean that, if you restart the first episode of the season, it randomizes the choices from S1? What do you think? Is my playthrough "safe"? (by that i mean that i didn't play on a different save file)

Tagged:

Comments

• So what happens if you select your save file then go to choices ? Do you have the choices you made ?
    Also it's not that big of a deal since things in New Frontier aren't affected by previous choices almost at all, just use the story generator if you lose your save.

• Yes. What I wanted to say is that, in order to confirm if my season 1 choices weren't altered when I started the playthrough for season 2 in the main save slot(maybe because of some overwrite issue), I tried to restart episode 1 of season 2 ( i mean, choose your main save slot that you completed the game in, go all the way back to episode one and press "Restart episode 1") and watch the recap video that contains season 1 choices

What happened instead was that it apparently randomized the choices from S1 everytime I restarted it. BUT, if I just choose an empty save slot and import the save file from s1, the recap video is the same(it contains my choices). I'm honestly very confused right now as to whether I just finished season 2 with altered choices from s1 or not. It's really bugging me because there's not really a way to 100% confirm it(other than to restart episode 1 and watch the recap video, but i'm not sure if it's meant to randomize or if my save file is fucked)

So what happens if you select your save file then go to choices ? Do you have the choices you made ? Also it's not that big of a deal since

• Sometimes the choices get fucked up, don't know if that's the case here but your case sounds confusing.
    Honestly I have no idea what you could do but like I said you can generate your story in Season 3 so it's no big deal

Luciann10 posted: »

Yes. What I wanted to say is that, in order to confirm if my season 1 choices weren't altered when I started the playthrough for season 2 in

Sign in to comment in this discussion.