Clementine Theory

I don’t think Clementine is going to die in the final season. I think her or her and AJ will both survive and start appearing in the comic book series. If she doesn’t survive, maybe just AJ will be in the comic book series. The reason why I say that is after watching the 15 minutes of gameplay for Season 4, one of the notes said something about decisions determining what AJ will become. I thought that kinda hinted that AJ would live in the end, but who knows?

Tagged:

Comments

• I don’t think Clementine is going to die in the final season

I'd actually like to see Clementine bite several bullets. She's survived for too long. It doesn't matter how careful you are, how smart you are, or even how lucky you are. Everyone gets folded eventually, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Clementine.
    I don't read the comics, so I wouldn't want her to end up in them. I'd rather see her on the show. She could replace Carl.

• edited July 2018

So here's the thing, for the first time, this game series will be taking place in the future of the comics. Up through season 3, the comics were already ahead of where the games were on the timeline, with season 3 taking place about a year behind where the comics were and there's only been a handful of issues since then so the comics are still more or less in the same place. Season 4 is skipping ahead about 4 years from where Season 3 left off so that means they're gonna be 3 years ahead of where the comics are. If Clem or AJ do move over to the comics, we won't be seeing them for a while but to be honest, I don't think they will.

Kirkman probably won't want to put them in the comics because if he does, and especially so with Clem, he'll never be able to kill them as he likes to do with people from time to time. Think about it, the people who play these games have raised Clem from the time she was 8. They've been her adoptive father, they've been her friend, and they've even been her. They will be heavily invested in her story. For her to move over to the comics then Kirkman kill her, people would riot. Sure, not many of the game players read the comics but enough of us do that word would spread fast and people would be in an uproar. Because of that, I don't think Kirkman would want to put her in the comics because he'd be stuck with her. I wouldn't put her in the comics if I were him. IF for some reason he was forced to put them in, the smart play, I think, would be to put her in as a background character, a character you might see every once in a while but is so unimportant to the story that they rarely if ever have any dialogue and may as well not be there at all.

• I agree. Back when Carl was still alive in the show, people were making theories that had to do with him and Rick and how they've been alive for so long, but we soon learned that every character can die at any time. Like you said, everyone gets folded eventually. And Rick might die in s9.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I don’t think Clementine is going to die in the final season I'd actually like to see Clementine bite several bullets. She's survive

• And Rick might die in s9.

They already to Carl from us, and now Rick might get taken too. I honestly don't wanna see Daryl as the main if Rick dies. I hope he just goes on a soul searching journey for a very long time instead.

Ghetsis posted: »

I agree. Back when Carl was still alive in the show, people were making theories that had to do with him and Rick and how they've been alive

• You see, this is the hardest thing. The ending. In s2 and 3, it didn't matter how it ended so long as it seemed fullfilling and satisyfing, and someway, something different happens. But with tfs, it's going to be really hard, this is why I admire and respect the writers and directors. Let's hope they can pull this one off. Thing is, even if the season is bad and everything goes wrong, the main thing that truly matters is the ending, and s2's ending was horribly mediocre, it seemed alright but the outcome was ignoble. I despise that crap, one minute all is merry and the next Clem does her classic crying scenes, cue the sad music. But this is the grand finale, the end to the story. What could they do? Like, I'm bewildered. A determinant ending, idk if I'd like that, seeing as how it would have little implications and consequences, so to speak, I wouldn't want the characters to carry over into the show, because the tone is completely different. The show is like watching a soap opera or an anime with horrible filler episodes but the games are much better in terms of pacing and portrayal of character arcs and desparation and survival. It does the same things the comic does, but the telltale way.
    What can they do which will be thought-provoking, saddening, satisfying, filling and conclusive? They can't pull the same trick s1 did because I know no-one would want that.
    Now I'm thinking when I see the finale I'll be like ''woah I never saw that coming'' or ''that was great why didn't I think of that''. When I come up with something reasonable, I'll be sure to write about it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.