Pre-generated Characters

TFS teaser gameplay showed a lot of kids. At first, I thought it was just the cast who were shown at that Skybound interview (where they first showed pre alpha gameplay and screenshots of locations in the season) who would be in the school. But I'm seeing that there are at least two more now and I noticed how these people look very similiar (disclaimer - I don't have any screenshots), slightly chubby short kids with ambigious genders and hair that quite frankly looks like Clementine's in ANF, particularly when she gets it cut in ep5. While these might be place-holders, it is entirely possible that these people will act as background characters who roam around the school like the AI in Richmond, who are not directly involved in the story and they just join on missions. They have a lot less detail than characters like Marlon, Louis and Violet, who are probably co-leaders in the school similar to the the Joan/Clint roles, and the man at the end of the trailer. This is good in the sense that it shows this is a thriving community with a decent amount of members who co-exist peacefully like in New Richmond, similiar to what we have in the tv series right now. After all, I like the idea of walking around as Clem in the hub with the over-the-shoulder camera and seeing these children living their lives, perhaps we could have side quests with them.

What do you think is going on here? Could I be wrong about this? And if I'm right, would you prefer it like this?

Comments

• It does seem like there are going to be more kids living at the boarding school besides Marlon, Louis, Violet, and Tenn. I just hope that we can interact with some of them to a degree and that they aren't just disposable extras. And in regards to the leadership roles you mentioned, RTS just released a Marlon and Rosie character and in the blog post Marlon is described as the complicated leader of the Ericson boarding school. Violet seems like a loner type and Louis seems like he is the Omid of the group.

• Honestly, I figured there'd have to be other kids at the school besides the main four. You don't just have a boarding school with only four students.

Following up on your comparison, though, it wouldn't surprise me if this is indeed a rework of New Richmond and if any optional sidequests and whatnot isn't the type of stuff they originally intended to do with it.

• Huh. The complicated leader.

It does seem like there are going to be more kids living at the boarding school besides Marlon, Louis, Violet, and Tenn. I just hope that we

• I think that if ANF had a lot more gameplay and exploration segments, it would be a saving grace for the game. It would be what s1 had that s2 didn't.

DabigRG posted: »

Honestly, I figured there'd have to be other kids at the school besides the main four. You don't just have a boarding school with only four

• Hopefully Clementine can speak to those characters. As the cast seems to be really small at the moment.

• edited July 2018

Essentially.

Huh. The complicated leader.

Joy.

Ghetsis posted: »

I think that if ANF had a lot more gameplay and exploration segments, it would be a saving grace for the game. It would be what s1 had that s2 didn't.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.