Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct 8.8.2018 @ 10AM ET

Comments

• Hoping a new comer is announced (preferably non-echo)

• I'm counting on it, because the time between the game announcement and release is too short for us to go too long without newcomer announcements.

Poogers555 posted: »

Hoping a new comer is announced (preferably non-echo)

• Same here. Watch it be a Style Savvy rep

On a more serious note, there are some characters I could see as maybe having a chance of making it in, but you never know what to expect with Sakurai.
    I'm hoping they'll show off other modes, I'd honestly be happy if we got an Adventure Mode similar to Melee's.

Hoping a new comer is announced (preferably non-echo)

• Was thinking the same, if we're lucky we may even get 2 new fighters considering the game comes out in just 12 months.

Apparently theres rumors a more mainline Nintendo direct will happen in August as well, so theres a chance we may get another reveal there too.

I'm counting on it, because the time between the game announcement and release is too short for us to go too long without newcomer announcements.

• It's actually closer to 6 months - the game comes out in early December.

Was thinking the same, if we're lucky we may even get 2 new fighters considering the game comes out in just 12 months. Apparently theres

• tfw i typed 12 instead of 4. Then again I will correct you for correcting me by correcting me incorrectly because its closer to 4 months than 6. ha...ha...

It's actually closer to 6 months - the game comes out in early December.

• Good lord, you're right. 0.0

Man, this year has flown right by.

tfw i typed 12 instead of 4. Then again I will correct you for correcting me by correcting me incorrectly because its closer to 4 months than 6. ha...ha...

• edited August 2018

seeing this announced live made me explode lmfao

• In the 4.8.14 direct we got 1 newcomer and 5(?) returning characters.

I’m expecting 2 newcomers as well. It seems like that’s the logical amount.

Was thinking the same, if we're lucky we may even get 2 new fighters considering the game comes out in just 12 months. Apparently theres

• Welp, someone just got "officially" leaked for the direct tomorrow.

For those who want to see, go to the Smash website and go to music. Middle click the Galga theme song and itll take you to the youtube video. Spoiler, title is wrong and reveals a new character instead.

• Oh wow. I can’t wait to see what people think about it tomorrow :D

Welp, someone just got "officially" leaked for the direct tomorrow. For those who want to see, go to the Smash website and go to music. M

• It seems its also been fixed now, pretty crazy that happened. Who at Nintendo was like "Do I upload video by renaming this old one to the file on my computer?"

lupinb0y posted: »

Oh wow. I can’t wait to see what people think about it tomorrow

• Whoever it was probably got in big trouble.

It seems its also been fixed now, pretty crazy that happened. Who at Nintendo was like "Do I upload video by renaming this old one to the file on my computer?"

• Sakurai probably erased their existence already.

Whoever it was probably got in big trouble.

• The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

MichaelBP posted: »

Sakurai probably erased their existence already.

• Well crap, I tried to go in spoiler free but the r/smashbros discord keeps talking about the character.

Still trying to watch the direct spoiler free

Welp, someone just got "officially" leaked for the direct tomorrow. For those who want to see, go to the Smash website and go to music. M

• OH MY GOD! THAT DIRECT!

You can't say that Sakurai doesn't spoil us! I'm also surprised to see that third party echo fighters are a thing! I was expecting those to stay relegated to Nintendo IP only.

• Well that was lit af. But more importantly

Fuckin Winter Wolf James W returns, first he infiltrates Telltale now Nintendo? The mad man!

• Good grief, that is a LOT of content for a handheld device!

Four months to go until it's out!

• sakurai: "with the size of the roster, don't expect TOO many new arrivals!"

also sakurai: announces 5 new arrivals on top of the 3 new arrivals at E3 and promises more incoming echo fighters before the game releases as well as a 28 hour soundtrack and 103 maps

can we just put him on a paid vacation for 10 years? he deserves it.

• With Mario, Mega Man, Luigi and King Dedede being dead, it leaves me wondering who'll die in the next trailer. At this rate probably Peach or anyone else from the Mario series. Also fuck Simon for doing absolutely nothing while Luigi was murdered

• Inb4 Waluigi dies in the next trailer eventhough he's not a playable character.

With Mario, Mega Man, Luigi and King Dedede being dead, it leaves me wondering who'll die in the next trailer. At this rate probably Peach or anyone else from the Mario series. Also fuck Simon for doing absolutely nothing while Luigi was murdered

• edited August 2018

lol, watch Waluigi get a far more brutal death than any of the others as a further way to troll those who wanted him to be playable.

Inb4 Waluigi dies in the next trailer eventhough he's not a playable character.

• edited August 2018

The object lands directly onto Waluigi's head. His skull caves in and an eyeball just about pops out. Blood rushing down his face. But he fights through the pain. He just wants to say goodbye to his brother. He slowly and painfully gets back up. He stares at Wario who's eyes are dripping with tears. He speaks.

"Waahh..."

The figure who did this to him begins speaking.

"Buddy you still there?"

"Waaahhhh."

"I just don't know but it seems like you're trying to speak, but you just took a hell of a hit!"

But all Waluigi can say is, "Waaahhhhh!"

The object once again lands onto his head. His skull explodes into a cloud of blood and brain matter as his body collapses. But once again the weapon hits him, again and again until nothing is left of his head except for blood and bits of gooey flesh. A moustache sticks onto the mans weapon.

The man in the leather jack swings around and the blood from his weapon, a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, splatters onto Wario's face.

He just watched his brother get murdered by this man. In his grief all he can do is glare at the man. Negan.

NEGAN IS UP TO BAT!

lol, watch Waluigi get a far more brutal death than any of the others as a further way to troll those who wanted him to be playable.

• Damn... Subspace Emissary 2 sounds absolutely brutal! RIP in pieces Waluigi, 2000-2018.
    It'd certainly be... something if Negan started showing up in every single fighting game from now on!

The object lands directly onto Waluigi's head. His skull caves in and an eyeball just about pops out. Blood rushing down his face. But he fi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.