Does anyone like Tiffany Fox?

Given how there's so many hateful and lovable choices that impact your relationship with Tiffany, how many people like or despise Tiffany? I personally have nothing against her, and I honestly see no reason but to put her up as an enemy. I think she could be a good heir to Lucius Fox after his death, anyway.

Kept her as my protege in my normal play through. Who else thinks otherwise?

Comments

• I mean she was ok I guess, personally I found her character to be pretty boring and not that interesting imo

• edited June 2018

Wait... Why is Tiffany a mediocre character and downright boring?

Poogers555 posted: »

I mean she was ok I guess, personally I found her character to be pretty boring and not that interesting imo

• That's entirely an opinion based question.

Camperor posted: »

• I personally loved her though I feel that she wasn't present enough and wish she got more of the spotlight.

• No
    but I'm sure the inmates at blackgate would feel differently hehehehahahahahahah

• Well she didnt really have anything for her character, she was mostly mad about her dad the whole season, but if you told her about Batman she didnt really fit in with that Batman and Alfred team imo, she felt like she was just "there." Then the last minute twist of "Oh she killed Riddler" which wasnt really touched on and was pretty obviously put in as a last minute twist, especially the plot hole of Batman could have seen who killed Riddler from day 1. Im not really diving into detail on why I found her to be pretty lack luster, but its just because I feel like her character felt kinda misplaced in the season.

Camperor posted: »

• I personally loved her character, more at first though. I think she had an interesting personality, and that her character seriously wasn't used enough in the story. I'm sure there would have been more place for her.. I think she's underrated because she was underused, which makes sense really.

When we first met her I thought she would be a major character. Sad she wasn't.. I liked how annoying she was, not every character has to be outright likable to be good. I think the scene where Batman zooms in the photo like "omg Riddler's killer was really Tiffany" was just bad writing, as much as I absolutely love Enemy Within. It's not the character's fault, I didn't like that either. But I hope we see more of her in (possible?) season 3!

• I set her up as my enemy in my OG, and sent her to Blackgate on my second. She got in my nerves at her introduction, which was sad since I'd been looking forward to meeting her when Lucius spoke of her.
    - I did not send her to prison, or tell her she had to be brought to justice because she annoyed me. It was a conclusion I came to having experienced Vigilante John. I finally accepted he needed more help than I could mentor him through, although I'd still like to try while he's getting help. I don't feel as though Bruce Wayne could do more for Tiffany either.

I don't mind at all that she was Riddler's killer in a narrative sense. I'm more disappointed that he's dead at all. He was vastly more interesting with far more story to explore than Tiffany. His death cut off avenues of story that I really would've loved to have seen explored : his backstory with the Agency, his involvement with Catwoman.

I don't think Tiffany was involved enough, or that there were enough variety in choices in interacting with her as Bruce Wayne. I'm not even objectionable to her entitled smug personality, but I'd love to be more annoyed with her or anyone as Bruce. He can be a cold jerk occasionally, and I feel as though we're missing that option.

Over all, she was under utilized, but I'm not sure I want her to appear in the next Season at all. Her endings would be intricate to attempt to tie into a new area without just giving her a brief cameo.

• I don't feel as though Bruce Wayne could do more for Tiffany either.

I'm curious, why do you think Bruce wouldn't be able to guide her? I personally think there's more chance of that than there ever was with John.

His death cut off avenues of story that I really would've loved to have seen explored : his backstory with the Agency, his involvement with Catwoman.

I agree 100% with this. We never saw what his relationship with Selina was and that's so very disappointing, I was looking forward to that.

He can be a cold jerk occasionally, and I feel as though we're missing that option.

Honestly, I never even thought of that!? But I would like to see her again, even just to know what her "superhero/vigilante/whatever" name is.

Poptarts posted: »

I set her up as my enemy in my OG, and sent her to Blackgate on my second. She got in my nerves at her introduction, which was sad since I'd

• I liked Tiffany. When first meeting her I thought she was interesting and when Lucius said to bring her into the mission I wanted to.

When Lucius died I knew it was going to a challenge to get her to join but it was what Lucius wanted. When discovering she killed Riddler it made sense as to why. What I liked most about that was this is Bruce’s friend and he would have to choose her or law.
    I choose to be her mentor as I believe in second chances and Bruce would have a protege.

I do wish she was used more in the story because when they brought her in for the episode 2 and 3, it was just to advance the her story. I liked how she was given more screen time in episode 5 and I look forward to continuing her story in season 3.

• Agreed I did not like her and the twist didn't really change much. I agree about Riddled. He was under utilised but I guess it's better than being overutilised or barely utilised like Tiffany.

Poptarts posted: »

I set her up as my enemy in my OG, and sent her to Blackgate on my second. She got in my nerves at her introduction, which was sad since I'd

• I'm curious, why do you think Bruce wouldn't be able to guide her? I personally think there's more chance of that than there ever was with John.

Tiffany killed a man on his knees in custody, and covered her tracks content to allow another person to take the fall for murder because he was already mentally ill. Depending on how it ended with Joker, she doesn't come clean out of guilt or remorse. Bruce Wayne can offer her his secret identity, and she doesn't reveal to him then what she'd done. But the true reason my Bruce Wayne couldn't mentor Tiffany Fox through this is because of Bruce Wayne.

He had opportunities to reach out to Lucius' family following his death. He could have been offering guidance, a shoulder to lean on to his widow ( who is still falling to pieces ), his daughter ( who was orchestrating a murder ), and his young son ( who is struggling and in trouble at school ). Bruce doesn't. He doesn't even think about it after the funeral.

Bruce can get so caught up in his world as Batman that he does forget his own humanity, and in doing so the regular interactions those near him require to remain stable individuals. John even calls him out on it when Bruce goes to him to find out where Harley disappeared to -- ' To think I actually thought that you'd come here to check on me. ' ( Not a direct line, but close to what he says. )

lilsnek posted: »

I don't feel as though Bruce Wayne could do more for Tiffany either. I'm curious, why do you think Bruce wouldn't be able to guide h

• In the initial meeting Tiffany came of as a bratty younger sister, a bit spoiled by a doting father. Nothing wrong with that. She was also eager to please and a bit proud, justifiably, of herself. They had a good start, but they then neglected her. If there is a third season, I hope she plays a much more prominent role.

Plus, as much as I respect Bruce's no-kill policy, I really was okay with her killing Riddler.

lilsnek posted: »

I personally loved her character, more at first though. I think she had an interesting personality, and that her character seriously wasn't

• I didn't like her at all. She's a bitch. She stabbed Bruce in the back. And she's not Batgirl. That's Barbara.

• edited June 2018

@AeroRep

Can you be more specific as to why you don’t like Tiffany? Besides, calling her a bitch and all that.

• edited June 2018

I don't understand the hate towards Tiffany, I think she is an okay character and not the kind of character that is supposed to annoy you like Waller, Harley, Selina... can do to some people.

I think @Poogers555 said it very well, she is not that interesting and she is quite stale sometimes. I don't mind at all if she returns in the future but I would not cry a river if we do not see much of her again. She is just an "okay" character in my opinion.

• She was kinda boring until the very ending of the season. The only thing that made her a bit more interesting in my opinion, was the whole thing about killing Riddler. It was a nice twist about a character that was shaping up to be a generic sidekick with a very predictable arc. But then again... I would say that´s more of a external thing to her character.

That´s why I don´t feel any desire to have Robins and Batgirls in this universe. Tiffany was probably the most boring and predictable character, and I don´t want any sidekick with a generic story again. This series has had much more interesting realtionships than that.

• edited June 2018

I like Tiffany. Happy to have her as a partner.

• It was obvious for me to forgive Tiffany for killing Riddler. But honestly, as much as I hate Riddler for he did, I figured Batman could teach Tiffany the morals needed in the field. Either as Batman or Bruce Wayne.

• Nope i dont like her but still i set her up a nice ending

• Look forward to working with Tiffany in Season 3.

• I kinda like her

• What? That was not out of character, no that was part of her character. She designed guns with the undebatable intention of killing kriminals like Bane, (without anyone telling her to). Not only that but she also does not regret executing Riddler the slightest but rather the outcome that resulted of her murder. You where right to mentor her, she is a Waller in the making.

• I liked Tiffany a lot personally, though I have to say she wasn't utilized that well.

• Honestly, I'd just like to have Barbara Gordon introduced next season. If we're going to have a sidekick, I'd rather have Batgirl.

• I don't know that much of Barbara Gordon\ Batgirl cause I don't read comics. Is there anything special about here?

• Well.....let's just say John and Barbara should not be in the same room together....ever. Also your profile pic is hyping the hell out of me.

I don't know that much of Barbara Gordon\ Batgirl cause I don't read comics. Is there anything special about here?

• I mainly only liked her/looked out for her because I felt like I owed it to her father.

• i mean ilike her hair

• Tiffany is for me a kind of fresh air when you think about the other versions of Batman when he takes in a sidekick

In every version, Batman "supposedly" rescues these individuals, and rather then put them in a care or help them with their living standards Batman recruits these kids into his own personal war against crime. He's essentially turning young kids into his own personal soldiers, and what kind of a hero would justify child soldiers?

What I like about this version of Tifanny is that it's much more believable because it involves a family member of Bruce Wayne. This Bruce is not turning kids into soldiers or forcing them to be a part in his war. He chose and allowed Tiffany to be a part of this because she chose to in honor of her late father. Tiffany is not another child soldier that is picked up on the street but instead a family member of Bruce that he's now responsible for. That gives a personal stake in this. Hell, I chose to keep Tiffany out of a personal debt to Lucius and that she's also family to Bruce, and Bruce never abandons his family

I like that this Bruce chose and Tiffany decided. It's not like the other versions of Batman, and I appreciate this.

Will be looking forward to keep her, but I want a different name for her

• I hate her, she's annoying af.
    Still I chose to give her a chance. I hope she won't become my partner....I'd rather my Batman to do missions alone while she does the tech stuff at home, the way Lucius used to do. I don't need and I don't want a Robin.

• edited August 2018

I think she's OK. I've been honest with her from the start and recruited her solely because I've made a promise to Lucius that I'd look after his family. I couldn't just send Tiffany to jail after that. I intend to keep her as the tech guy same as Lucius, away from danger as much as possible.

• I liked her, but her logic and actions were highly irrational and out of character for a character who is as intelligent and skilled as Tiffany. She seemed to just be there for the most part to create further plot points and areas of difficulty as Bruce/Batman throughout the series.

She came off rather annoying and a nuisance for half of the series, but i begin to like her more as the series progressed. I would've loved to have had a DLC or sequel with Tiffany Fox as the protagonist as a student of Bruce or after being freed from serving time.

• Before I get into how I had my four Batman's/Bruce Wayne's handle Tiffany.

I have to say she was okay as a character.

However I did find her a little bit annoying and very arrogant right from the very beginning she struck me as being very entitled like she could do anything she wanted.

Examples of this being when she picks up Riddler's device in Bruce's office. When she calls the cops on Bruce and has him arrested (regardless of whether you tell her her father's secret or not)

She also struck me as though she thought felt believed she was superior to everybody else the proof of this being how she thought felt believed she could figure out what Riddler's device was and how she had some kind of right to kill Riddler because he killed her father.

As far as how my four Batman/Bruce Wayne's delt with her is concerned is as follows.

Good Batman

Let her help with trying to figure out what Riddler's device was

Intended on bringing her into the fold due to the fact Lucius suggested he do so and he trusts Lucius's judgement and besides she is practically family

Told her the truth about her father's death

Told her that her father worked for Batman

Told her that he was Batman

Told her that he didn't use a gun because Batman doesn't kill and doing so went against his code.

When he discovered the truth as to who killed Riddler (thanks to villain Joker) He tried to take her into custody himself. The reason why he tried to do it himself and didn't have Waller do it for him was because he needed to know why she had done it and not told him about it and although he had made a promise to Lucius at the funeral to look after his family he couldn't let the fact that Tiffany had broken his code as well as the law slip due to the fact that if he had then he really would have been a hypocrite like (villain) Joker had accused him of being due to the fact that when he found John Doe in the fun house with the dead bodies John had broken his code and that was one of the reasons why he didn't believe him and tried to take him in.

Good and Bad Batman

Let her help with trying to figure out what Riddler's device was

Intended on bringing her into the fold due to the fact Lucius suggested he do so and he trusts Lucius's judgement and besides she is practically family

Told her the truth about her father's death

Told her that her father worked for Batman

Told her that he was Batman

Told her that he didn't use a gun because he hated them ever since he was a boy and that he didn't use them because doing so went against his code.

When he discovered the truth as to who killed Riddler (while trying to save Waller from Vigilante Joker) He took her under his wing because he believes everybody can be saved and he had made a promise to Lucius at the funeral to take care of his family and in his mind turning her in wouldn't have been him living up to that promise.

Bad Batman

Didn't let her help with trying to figure out what Riddler's device was

Didn't plan on bringing her into the fold due to the fact that what they did was too dangerous

Didn't tell her the truth about her father's death

Didn't tell her that her father worked for Batman

Didn't tell her who Batman was

Didn't try and stop her when she said how the Agency was interested in her

When he discovered the truth as to who killed Riddler (thanks to villain Joker) He asked Waller to arrest her for him due to the fact that after he had found out and when she had asked him if they were going to talk about what she had done he told her how he didn't want to hear it meaning he didn't care why she had done it as far as he was concerned the bottom line was she had killed and he would make sure she paid for it after he dealt with Joker. However when Waller offered to arrest her for him he saw no reason why he shouldn't let her do it seeing as how Tiffany one way or another wold still face justice.

50/50 Batman

Didn't let her help with trying to figure out what Riddler's device was

Didn't plan on bringing her into the fold due to the fact he didn't feel as though they had the right to decide her future for her

Told her the truth about her father's death due to the fact that despite having tried to pass it off as nothing he felt as though she had a right to know the truth as far as what happened to her father is concerned

Told her that her father worked for Batman again because he felt that she had a right to know the truth as far as why her father died and what he was working on etc.

Didn't tell her that he was Batman because despite thinking and feeling that she had a right to know the truth about her father he felt the need to keep this secret from her not only for his own protection but her's as well.

Didn't try and stop her when she said how the Agency was interested in her due to the fact he didn't want to decide her future for her

After having discovered the truth as to who killed Riddler (while trying to stop vigilante Joker from killing Waller) He confronted her as Batman as she was heading for the chopper and told her how he had taken Lucius for granted (which he confessed to having done at the funeral as well) and told her how they needed to hold themselves to a higher standard and his parting words to her were what Lucius had said to him before he died and how she had been raised by a good man and had a good heart and told her not to forget who she was.

• I enjoyed her arc.

• I think she is fine as a character. That whole I was the one who killed reveal was a bit messy tho

• Seemed a tad bit too unrealistic to me that she'd be able to orchestrate that as flawlessly as she did.

I think she is fine as a character. That whole I was the one who killed reveal was a bit messy tho

• Well, she is the daughter of Lucius Fox and pretty smart so I kinda understand that she could pull it off. What's weird is, why couldn't Batman just zoom in on his little computer arm thing way before episode 5?

Chibikid posted: »

Seemed a tad bit too unrealistic to me that she'd be able to orchestrate that as flawlessly as she did.

• I believe its because the game wanted you to really think the Joker did it and lead to the trust dilemma with John.

Well, she is the daughter of Lucius Fox and pretty smart so I kinda understand that she could pull it off. What's weird is, why couldn't Batman just zoom in on his little computer arm thing way before episode 5?

• Bruce has a duty to look after Tiffany. "Tell Tiffany I love her" are Lucius Fox's last words. I'd like to see her becoming Batgirl.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.