What what you've done if you were at Marlon's place

I'm not trying to excuse his actions or anything but seriously imagine if you were him what would you do with the situation with the raiders? Wouldn't they probably destroy the whole group if he didn't give up the girls? It was for sure cowardly to keep it a secret but really what else was he supposed to do ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Honestly, I likely would've done the same thing. It's lose-lose regardless of the choice. And it's not as simple as giving myself up either like I've seen some say. As I said, Marlon's situation was all around fcked.

• Marlon could probably have moved the group to another location but instead he sold out his own people. I'm glad AJ blew his brains out.

• Fight, take zero shit from anyone, not sell out my friends. I don't hate Marlon for what he did, but his way is the cowards way.

• I agree it's easy to say that he was just horrible but I honestly can't imagine what'd do its lose or lose

Sarunas21 posted: »

Honestly, I likely would've done the same thing. It's lose-lose regardless of the choice. And it's not as simple as giving myself up either like I've seen some say. As I said, Marlon's situation was all around fcked.

• edited August 2018

So...he’s supposed to find a new location that can house that many people in not that long a time? I don’t think so.

Marlon could probably have moved the group to another location but instead he sold out his own people. I'm glad AJ blew his brains out.

• Fight, or die. I wouldn't sell anyone. These are children. I couldn't live with myself knowing I sold 2 girls to grown men. I would fight them or die trying, I'm no coward.

• I actually completely agree with you, everyone here is fucking acting like tough motherfuckers but we'd see how tough they'd be if they were in that situation. It was either 2 sisters, or the whole school, and he was still just a young teen, you can't blame him. I blame Marlon for killing Brody though and then trying to put that to Clementine - from that perspective he is a complete coward but when it comes to the sisters it's not so simple.

Oh and AJ was indeed really fucking utterly completely dumb for putting a bullet in his head. Marlon was disarmed, surrendered, and a rational decision was to be made, not what AJ did.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

Sure because the only correct is to roll over like a dog and sell your friends into what is most likely sexual slavery, let's not put you in charge of anything precious, because you'll fail spectacularly as well.

Razer531 posted: »

I actually completely agree with you, everyone here is fucking acting like tough motherfuckers but we'd see how tough they'd be if they were

• So what was the right choice then?

Plan_R posted: »

Sure because the only correct is to roll over like a dog and sell your friends into what is most likely sexual slavery, let's not put you in charge of anything precious, because you'll fail spectacularly as well.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited August 2018

I think Clem hit the nail on the head when she said told him he should have given himself up instead. But me? I would have fought, people may die but Marlon's way was just living in fear and dying slower, either from starvation on getting sold off into god only knows what kind of life.

Razer531 posted: »

So what was the right choice then?

• It's not that easy. We're talking about a group of armed men against a group of kids. It's not like each of those kids would be willing to fight to the death against a group possibly much more experienced, cruel, supplied and numerous as those bandits.

Marlon was wrong, no doubt about it; but he wasn't in an easy position. In his mind, it was either the twins or the rest of the kids.

The reasonable decision would be to assemble the group, and decide the course of action in a democratic way.

Plan_R posted: »

I think Clem hit the nail on the head when she said told him he should have given himself up instead. But me? I would have fought, people m

Sign in to comment in this discussion.