The Final Season Episode 1 dialogue problems

LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

A lot of people complained about the dialogue choices text in ANF not being that good of an indicator as to what the character is actually going to say,someone brought it up on reddit and the team said theyll fix it but its still a problm in TFS,it might not seem like a big deal but i feel a lot less attached to the character when it says some dumb s**t i didn't really mean to say or i just have no idea what its going to say
Has anyone else noticed it or been bothered by it? or its just me this time?
Examples:
1-"that's not cool" = "you can't do that" they mean pretty much the same thing but still why wasn't the option called "you can't do that" then?
2-"you freaked me out"="that wasn't a very welcoming thing to wake up to" or sum like dat,she didnt even say you,freaked,me or out,she didnt use any of those words
3-"that makes us even"="i owed you" i have no idea why they did this its not like there wasnt enough space to write "i owed you" there as a choice,so wtf?
This wasnt an issue in S1 or 2 so why is it now? i get it that sometimes its hard to sum up the line in just a few words but sometimes the "few words" are longer than the actual line,or just have words that are not even used it the actual line
It was a good ep btw but this bothered me to the point that i didn't actually like it the first time because i was distracted by it

Comments

• Yeah I agree, however it doesn't bother me that much.

ANF version really bothered me because the story itself is mediocre so when tiny bad details emerge, I quickly see it. On the other hand, TFS episode 1 story is actually good and just noticed that because of this post.

• I agree the problm aint as bad as ANF but it still bothers me and i dont understend y do they do this,i really hope they fix it in episode 2

famaouz posted: »

Yeah I agree, however it doesn't bother me that much. ANF version really bothered me because the story itself is mediocre so when tiny ba

• The worst part is defo the Lee part. Clem says Lee was the first person to teach her about survival. And then with Louis' question which is afterwards, she says 'Lee. His name was Lee.' This line just doesn't make sense. I'd like Marlon to have said 'yeah, you already told me his name' or somthin like that lol.

• edited August 2018

The final season isn't the only one with problems. It seems like when they retooled season 1 to fit in with the new theme and modernized it they broke a lot of things as well. I posted about it here: https://telltale.com/community/discussion/120734/ttg-broke-season-1#latest

• edited August 2018

Or just change the dialogue so she just says "The guy I mentioned earlier, Lee."

Shurikane posted: »

The worst part is defo the Lee part. Clem says Lee was the first person to teach her about survival. And then with Louis' question which is

• Yeah.

F3arM0d3 posted: »

Or just change the dialogue so she just says "The guy I mentioned earlier, Lee."

• The problem is not even the dialogue itself,even if it can b at times,but its just feeling less in control about the s++t shes gonna say that is annoying

Sign in to comment in this discussion.