Hopes and fears?

Share your hopes and fears for the rest of The Walking Dead: The Final Season.

Personally, I hope the clearly foreshadowed romantic options won't seem forced. I'm hoping that they give players the option of staying completely platonic without it majorly affecting character relationships. I also hope the ending won't be too predictable and similar to the first season. Most of all, I'd just like a fitting end for Clementine's story.

Comments

• I'm afraid that my heart will be broken because Clem won't make it.

• I hoping if Clem ( or violet) is going to die her and violet can enjoy la petite Mort. If both are going to survive maybe kisses and cuddles.

• I'm afraid they'll kill Louis too early as with all the fun characters.

• I hope some of the characters drop some of the things they are saying. Its nothing deal breaking at all, but is kinda off putting because kids wouldnt say shit like this, especially considering they were like 10 when the world ended. For example:

Marlon says Aj packs a "wallop." No kid is ever going to say that. Marlon also refers to Clem as Johnny Come Lately, another thing no kid is ever going to say.

More off putting is Ruby calling Aj "Sug." Again, no kid is gonna be going around saying "sug."

Obviously really small, but it just kinda bugs me because no kids are going to say things like that. Hopefully future episodes wont make them say more things no kid is going to say.

• CapnJayCapnJay Banned
    edited August 2018

Don't let it bother you sug

Poogers555 posted: »

I hope some of the characters drop some of the things they are saying. Its nothing deal breaking at all, but is kinda off putting because ki

• edited August 2018

Hopes: Clementine and AJ receive a "happy" ending
    Fears: Clementine and AJ die

CapnJay posted: »

Don't let it bother you sug

• edited August 2018

Did it ruin your immersion that much? I didn't mind that. Hell, I didn't even notice it.

Poogers555 posted: »

I hope some of the characters drop some of the things they are saying. Its nothing deal breaking at all, but is kinda off putting because ki

• They'll most likely all did anyways making it pointless.

• Hopes: We get some determinant endings where we can keep a lot/some of the group alive, along with AJ and Clem, for a change.
    Fears: The ending will be too contrived.

• edited August 2018

I hope there will be multiple endings with the possibility of everyone being determinant (yes, even Clementine and AJ). I really need to be able to know that my choices mattered at the very end and I would be responsible for any immature deaths or bad outcomes.

This game can go out with a huge fucking blast and I'm hoping it does. No more forced or lazy deaths, no more moments where my choices mattered jack shit and no more killing characters for the sake of writing them out of the game and wrapping up their story in the easiest way possible.

• My hope is that the quality of this first episode continues across the remaining three episodes. It took a few years, but Telltale finally incorporated things the fans have been asking for: longer episodes, more exploration, character development, less attention put on the action, innovation and experimentation. I don't see any evidence as of now that points to them not continuing along this path, especially since it looks as though most of the episodes are already close to being done (which also alleviates one of my biggest fears, that being rewrites impacting the quality), so that's good. If Telltale can continue on this path for the remainder of this season, it will not only end Clem's story, regardless of what happens to her, on a high note, but regain a lot of people's faith in Telltale as a company.

My fear is Telltale listening to the wrong people. Take IGN's review, while most sites have been really positive, and the reception among forum members has been exceptionally high, IGN gave it a 6.5 out of 10. That's lower than, I believe, any episode from all of ANF, including From The Gallows (what I view to be the worst episode in the entire series, which they gave an 8.4 out of 10). Their complaints were slow pacing and lack of action, and my fear is that, even though most of the episodes seem done, they're going to try to incorporate that type of feedback into it at the last minute. Then we're going to have rushed, action heavy episodes, exactly what people complained about with ANF, just to appease IGN. Let's face it, they need those positive reviews from what is the most well known and famous review website (whether we like it or not). They're not going to put forum users in a trailer talking about how great the game is because we hold no authority, IGN does.

• So what I'm hearing is... Declare war on ign gets pitchforks

My hope is that the quality of this first episode continues across the remaining three episodes. It took a few years, but Telltale finally i

CapnJay posted: »

So what I'm hearing is... Declare war on ign gets pitchforks

• Nah, Louis will be Clem's boyfriend and it's gonna be serious >:)

Sheol- posted: »

I'm afraid they'll kill Louis too early as with all the fun characters.

• That IGN review was horrible, and sadly the same awful reviewer will be on it the whole season, meaning it'll probably get low reviews, which sucks seeing as IGN is def a place many people go to for reviews.

The fact the reviewer the whole time is acting like they really enjoyed it and then in 5 seconds "yeah idk if my choices have an impact yet so 6.5 lmao, bye guys" it just came out of no where. I wish IGN reviewers weren't always so shit.

My hope is that the quality of this first episode continues across the remaining three episodes. It took a few years, but Telltale finally i

• I completely agree with you. I can only hope they listen more to their core audience. Or better yet, stick with their creative vision (for the most part)

• Gonna do some bullets cos of my minor OCD
    Hopes:
    * I hope AJ gets his act together. Hehe, I’ll stop now
    * I hope the ending of episode 1 WAS a dream because I wanted to end the season without a single casualty
    * The two major ships to actually happen
    * Different outfits to choose from, similarly to TFTBL. I love Clem’s current outfit and all but I prefer variety.
    * Still holding onto the hopes of Clem finding an old arcade machine somewhere, that still has power, so she can totally pwn Louis on it. (My card game wish came true, except you couldn’t exactly change how that went)
    * Kenny’s, Lilly’s, Christa’s, Mike’s, Jane’s, Bonnie’s and Arvo’s return.
    * Javier will actually return at some point despite being disregarded for some reason (this one deserved its own spot)

Fears:
    * Clem dies in all endings
    * The season ends with everyone dead
    * AJ doesn’t get his act together
    * Louis loses his personality
    * Clem drifts further apart from the group because of the death of Marlon
    * Clem will be forced to kill Rosie
    * The whole season is nothing but dark moments following episode 1.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.