What would the Students have done with him? (TFS Spoilers)

Marlon's actions, both after Clementeen found him arguing with Brody in the basement and especially during that faithful hunting trip with her & Tenn's sisters a year or so ago, were notably hard for someone to get absolution through. It has been argued as to whether he could possibly be "redeemed" or what sentence would best be done with him.

However, I believe there's another, more complicated question worth asking: What would each of his peers-the fellow students who he had been surviving with and looking out for for over seven years-have wanted and/or decided to do with him?

Comments

• edited August 2018

Louis would want to help Marlon.

Violet would want to help Marlon
    after some thinking.

Assim (or however you write his name) would be against Marlon.

Ruby would be against Marlon.

Omar would want to help Marlon.

Mitch would be against Marlon.

Willy would... He's Willy no one would care about his thoughts. :D

• Violet would find some form of punishment, her first ideas being giving him up to walkers or pummeling the shit out of him.

Louis would still be in denial for a short while before either helping him escape if he couldn't reason with the group or reasoning to himself that he can't stay stuck on Marlon.

Aasim would chew him out. Also a large chance of wondering to himself if that would be the right thing to do if he were in Marlon's shoes.

• Tenn would have forgiven him probably the quickest.
    Louis would have kept his distance but awkwardly tried to make up
    Ruby would stop speaking to him
    Omar would stop speaking to him
    Assim would lash out at him but eventually come to understand it but he'd still be disgusted by it.

• Emotional attachment to the sisters aside, Tenn and Violet would have most likely kept him alive as a prisoner. Tenn just doesn't strike me as the kind of person to call for blood. Neither does Violet for that matter; her decision, however, would've been made begrudgingly.

Louis for sure wouldn't kill him. They've been BFFs for a long time. It wouldn't make sense for him to turn his back on Marlon like that. Also voted to keep him as a prisoner.

Marlon's relationship with the others hasn't been explored enough so I can't comment on that.

• Girlfriend= sex slave
    Girlfriends sister/ friend- sex slave
    Best friend recently working out issues with - death by flashlight
    Her if she had gone on the fateful trip- sex slave
    Her new crush- framed, left to die, and future sex slave

I'm sure Violet would have given Marlon a pat on the back . And not gone full juggalo on his face with her meat cleaver.

Emotional attachment to the sisters aside, Tenn and Violet would have most likely kept him alive as a prisoner. Tenn just doesn't strike me

• edited August 2018

She has ample reason to be angry at Marlon, obviously. But there’s a world of difference between anger and murderous rage, especially directed toward someone you consider a friend. These kids have been with each other through thick and thin, so I’m extremely doubtful any of them would just decide to kill Marlon outright without at least considering why he did what he did.

CapnJay posted: »

Girlfriend= sex slave Girlfriends sister/ friend- sex slave Best friend recently working out issues with - death by flashlight Her if she

• I almost forgot what thread I clicked on for a second.

• Violet would want to help Marlon
    after some thinking.

Really now?

Willy would... He's Willy no one would care about his thoughts. :D

@CapnJay
    Tenn would have forgiven him probably the quickest.

He apparently literally can.

Louis would have kept his distance but awkwardly tried to make up

Tried to make u--Marlon's the one who did wrong!

Ruby would stop speaking to him
    Omar would stop speaking to him

Hm. Interesting pair.

Assim would lash out at him but eventually come to understand it but he'd still be disgusted by it.

Probably.

And Willy and Mitch?

NexusFire posted: »

Louis would want to help Marlon. Violet would want to help Marlon after some thinking. Assim (or however you write his name) would b

• Willy would be scared of Marlon. Given how big Match is and how much of a badass he thinks he is he'd probably think that Marlon was a giant pussy and he could have stopped the raiders and protected the twins.

DabigRG posted: »

Violet would want to help Marlon after some thinking. Really now? Willy would... He's Willy no one would care about his th

• Emotional attachment to the sisters aside, Tenn and Violet would have most likely kept him alive as a prisoner. Tenn just doesn't strike me as the kind of person to call for blood.

True, for the most part?

Neither does Violet for that matter; her decision, however, would've been made begrudgingly.

Hm...okay, I can see a little back and forth on that, given how pliant she can be at times.

Louis for sure wouldn't kill him. They've been BFFs for a long time. It wouldn't make sense for him to turn his back on Marlon like that.

Definitely.

Also voted to keep him as a prisoner.

Maybe.

Marlon's relationship with the others hasn't been explored enough so I can't comment on that.

The only other explicit ones are Brody(who's deader) and Assim, who had something of a conflict brewing with him anyway.
    Well I guess except for Willy, who seemingly not only keeps watch, but occasionally accompanies Marlon himself on dealing with walkers with a weapon of his own.

Emotional attachment to the sisters aside, Tenn and Violet would have most likely kept him alive as a prisoner. Tenn just doesn't strike me

• Oh shit, my own thread and I forgot to comment!

Now that there are 10 comments(total), my take on this is:

Violet might've wanted to kill him, but would probably decide to hold him captive with the bonus of being able to kick his ass instead. Maybe even turn him over to the raiders if possible or bash his head in with a flashlight.

Louis wouldn't know what to do, as the revelation that the best friend he stood behind for years traded away Tenn's sisters for their continued existence without the raiders, killed Brody when she finally couldn't keep quite anymore, and was planning on trading Clementine away if they are indeed back for more is a lot to take in and think about. He wouldn't want him dead or maybe even banished though.

Tenn might want to believe they can still fix things with his help, but also be trying to reconcile the post-existence he dreamed of with the discovery that they may just still be alive after all this time coping.

Rosie is a dog and would probably want to stay with Marlon either way.

Willy would probably Marlon agree to lock Marlon in basement due to being upset by what he's done, especially once he realized Brody turned.

Ruby would probably wanna kick Marlon out.

Aasim would've agreed with throwing him in the basement to decide what the best course of action to take in regards to the situation as a whole.

Brody is dead, but she may have decided to make Marlon stay to actually face what he's done if she held on and survived.

Mitch would say he can't be leader anymore.

Omar would probably abstain, likely for Louis's sake.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.