Why didn't Lee cut his arm off immediately after he got bit?

I don't know if this discussion has been created before(probably yes and many years ago), but anyway why didn't Lee tell Christa or Kenny to to cut his arm off immediately after he got bit so that the virus wouldn't have had enough time to spread across the whole body?

Comments

• Because he didn’t know that would work?

• Isn't it obvious though? That it simply spreads just like any other disease. And did I miss some part in season 1 where Lee finds out that cutting the arm off will actually work, so that they then decide to cut it?

Melton23 posted: »

Because he didn’t know that would work?

• Yeah, but it would have been impossible to know, at least in Lee’s situation, how fast the infection would spread through the body. By this I mean it spreads through the whole body straight away, then the illness kicks in, then you slowly die. So, only having one bite victim in the group beforehand, and not getting the opportunity to study him, it would have been impossible to figure out how the infection spreads and even if severing a limb would actually work in the first place.

Also, in season 1, they don’t actually discover that severing an arm works, they just decide to take a chance at the start of episode 5, and unfortunately it doesn’t work.

Hope this response helps ?

Razer531 posted: »

Isn't it obvious though? That it simply spreads just like any other disease. And did I miss some part in season 1 where Lee finds out that cutting the arm off will actually work, so that they then decide to cut it?

• Because they didn't have a surgical saw in the mansion.

• Because he had nothing to cut his arm off?

• Because he probably would have bled out or been incapacited and unable to go after Clementine.

Time and planning wasnt a luxury Lee and the group had once he was bitten.

• That wouldn't have been as interesting. It is almost as if you don't know what makes a story good.

• Theoretically yes it would have been a good idea. But they didn't know it would work plus all he was think about was saving clem at that point.

• Would you have done that? Finding out your little girl ran away or got abducted, then you’re just gonna tear off a piece of your body? With no meds on hand? Are you prepared to do that to yourself just like that? I don’t think so.

• He was focused on going after Clementine ASAP and may have needed both arms to fight off any walkers on the walker and the Cancer Group should they prove significantly hostile.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.