Update on the SmackNPie

So if you didn't know there was a situation about leaks between a YouTuber and a discord user. Here is some contexthttps://telltale.com/community/discussion/comment/2961742#Comment_2961742

Anyways so here is the situation that happened
The YouTuber saw another leaks channels videos and wanted to do it. She asked him for permission to use the leaks with which he obliged. She didn't realise that others had actually found them and thought it was only one person who found them. So she credited that one person only (which led to some other drama). She then took the videos down which left some confusion. So all in all it was just a big misunderstanding and is now resolved.

Comments

• And it was all over a video game.

• Dude in 5 years this won't matter. This game will be over

• It's not a big deal, just don't want the channel getting hate.

colbyjack posted: »

And it was all over a video game.

• Understandable :)

Craixite posted: »

It's not a big deal, just don't want the channel getting hate.

• Understandable. Have a nice day.

• I don't really know what this is about, lol. But the other day I had an argument with SmackNPie about the youtube videos that were being made and how they didn't give proper credit to the dataminers, aswell as a video (AJ, child or monster?) completely copying word for word from a news article and not even linking the article in the description. They were doing some pretty shady, questionable things like telling a fan who thought Smack was actually the leaker (hence the problem, there isn't enough specification or credit given) to not watch the Episode 2 trailer anywhere else. In the end we both made up and I even managed to get him/her to change the title of a video, ''Few More Leaks! More Episode 2 Leaks The Walking Dead The Final Season Episode 2'' to ''Leaks Discussion TWD Season 4 Episode 2 Leaks - Telltale's The Walking Dead Final Season 4 Episode 2'' but the thumbnail still stated 'few leaks' when all that was being discussed were the Achievements which were already discussed beforehand. It's strange, but good, that the channel doesn't make any profit (I was shown proof).
    End of the day, don't talk Smack (see what I did there?) no matter how shady is/was.

• Smacknpie? Isn’t she the new youtuber who puts spoilers on thumbnails? As soon as i saw her videos i clicked on not interested but for some reason its still poping up.. surprised that other people had complained about her i thought i was the only one who had issues with her.. not to mention the lack of crediting and that surely is the last straw man

• edited September 2018

ok i tried to go to the link you posted i got faced with a weird page had aan image of telltale logo and javi holding his bat with this line (You don't have permission to do that.Sorry for the inconvenience.Thanks, your pals at Telltale)
    i want to know what is the meaning of this page i hope someone be nice and explain this to me.

• It got closed

FORTLEE posted: »

ok i tried to go to the link you posted i got faced with a weird page had aan image of telltale logo and javi holding his bat with this line

• This channel had the galls to call itself the “fastest growing walking dead channel on youtube”, screw that, they just leaked info with proper sourcing.

• I don't even know how people can even watch those kind of videos. I mean story is everything in this game, what's the point if you know what is going to happen even before playing the episode itself...

• One way to look at it is that it's the same as playing the game. It's as if Telltale opened Episode 2 early today. Point is you still get surprised/shocked/angry/delighted just like with the full release but you don't see all the pieces come together. No gameplay was leaked, just images. I agree with you though and I don't encourage leaking.

Gauss99 posted: »

I don't even know how people can even watch those kind of videos. I mean story is everything in this game, what's the point if you know what is going to happen even before playing the episode itself...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.