Thoughts on the relationship with Violet and Louis

I was wondering what you guys think of Louis and violet and your thoughts on the way telltale are approaching this.

Comments

• I’m fine with both of them tbf and don’t care about where they go

• I have no problem with any of them. I just like Louis more than Violet and I hope people can accept that.

• This is... actually relatively calm. And stop it Craixite, you.. with all these controversial discussions lol it's fine

• Louis was accurately my favorite, though he was more of a fun and constant presence than I expected him to be, while Violet is inoffensive and in fact a chilly accent, with her screentime being gradually increased to match with the story tone/pacing and being far scarcer than I assumed, though that's obviously gonna change.
    As for the "relationship" with them, I think nothing because I see little to nothing.

• I like both characters thus far (Vi being my slight favorite), but I don't advocate any real relationships with either of them just yet. Way too early for me. We're only one episode in.

• I like them both, Violet slightly more so than Louis.
    Louis is fine but I feel like he's trying way too hard to flirt with Clem, though I suppose that was on purpose to establish his character.
    I don't see a romantic relationship with either of them just yet and I got this sneaky feeling one of them or both are gonna die by the end of the season.

• I like them both, but there can only be one. The other must die.

• Controversy is good

Ghetsis posted: »

This is... actually relatively calm. And stop it Craixite, you.. with all these controversial discussions lol it's fine

• Thoughts on the relationship with Violet and Louis

HOW DARE THERE BE DIVERSE ROMANCE OPTIONS IN MY TWD TELLTALE GAME?!

That being said, I like Telltale's approach.
    There are two obvious options, and they're both diverse. Neither are one-sided.

• Alright Bischoff

Craixite posted: »

Controversy is good

• Bi was probably the best option, keeps everyone somewhat happy.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Thoughts on the relationship with Violet and Louis HOW DARE THERE BE DIVERSE ROMANCE OPTIONS IN MY TWD TELLTALE GAME?! That bei

• I liked Louis at first but his constant flirting and unreliable behavior started getting on my nerves pretty fast.

I chose to go fishing and Violet really grew on me there. She is relatable for Clem and she seems much more relevant to the missing twins plotline.

• I’m ok with it so far but I’m concerned on where it will actually go. Maybe another girl or Minnerva will come into the fold and let you either fight for the relationship or let it go. This is some exciting stuff folks but I still want the main focus to be on the Clem and AJ dynamic, which I’m sure it will be.

• I'm with VengefulKenny on this, with the addition that I hope neither of them dies.

• Hopefully they organically develop without telltale being tempted to kill them off.

With that said, I don't see how/why Louis/Violet would want anything to do with Clem now.

• edited September 2018

To focus on the actual meaning of the word for a second, I think the fact that these two are almost certainly THE big takeoffs goes to show just how "interesting" Done Running actually is.

• I'm hoping that the events at the end of Ep1 allow for different aspects of both Louis and Violet to emerge in Ep2. It'd be nice to see how it effects them. I'm hoping we don't spend too much time with the ranch mystery, as that honestly ought to have been resolved in ANF. With only 4 episodes this season, every episode counts for character development with our current cast.

I do wonder with Marlon gone, and the revelations of what happened with the twins will cause Louis to step up more. I know he's got to have more depth than jokes and one liners. Violet was also far too... resolved? hard to pinpoint a word for her last episode, but maybe we'll see more fight in her next episode.

While they have a nice dynamic, I do hope they find a balance between trying to forge a romance, and having them focus on the important things. I'm hoping there isn't much of a time skip at all for the next episode, as I'd really wonder why there wasn't action taken to find the missing girls during that time frame. Or a discussion about long term food solutions. There's so many decisions that could be done instantly after those last few moments of Ep1.

• edited September 2018

I'm hoping that the events at the end of Ep1 allow for different aspects of both Louis and Violet to emerge in Ep2.

Same here.

I'm hoping we don't spend too much time with the ranch mystery, as that honestly ought to have been resolved in ANF.

They'd better give it and the people running it some screentime.

I do wonder with Marlon gone, and the revelations of what happened with the twins will cause Louis to step up more.

Honestly, now that you mention it, I wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up running for the role of leader.

Violet was also far too... resolved?

Uh, how so?

Poptarts posted: »

I'm hoping that the events at the end of Ep1 allow for different aspects of both Louis and Violet to emerge in Ep2. It'd be nice to see how

• I suppose I just wish Violet's character had more moments to show her emotions over losing the twins, aside from if you went with her fishing. I didn't the first play, and went the second. I was surprised that she didn't have more moments like that. I suppose that's why I'm hoping it's not a time skip in Ep2. I'd like her pushing for a search of the area, and to actively seek out this raiders against perhaps Louis and Aasim being more concerned with getting the green house up with winter approaching with the knowledge of another group nearby.

I do miss the conflicts of S1 where there's no right answer, and we're at a point in the story to truly explore some new ones with lasting consequences. While I do agree that the ranch needs some screen time, with as little as we've been given about the other students at the school I just don't want it to over shadow their development. The 'red shirts' should be less obvious lol.

While I do want to know the source of AJ's main issues, the development of Clementine's relationships with the school children has some much needed fleshing out to do.

DabigRG posted: »

I'm hoping that the events at the end of Ep1 allow for different aspects of both Louis and Violet to emerge in Ep2. Same here.

• Yup.

To focus on the actual meaning of the word for a second, I think the fact that these two are almost certainly THE big takeoffs goes to show just how "interesting" Done Running actually is.

• edited September 2018

Is it bad if I laugh my ass off if you can only romance Louis?

• Yes.

Melton23 posted: »

Is it bad if I laugh my ass off if you can only romance Louis?

• When you sit back down at the table after bringing the duffel bags for everyone, Aasim suggested to bring out Rosie to catch scent of any intruders in the area. With her owner dead, clementine still scared of dogs, and the train station overrun, this section could pop up in the later half of Suffer the Children.

I suppose I just wish Violet's character had more moments to show her emotions over losing the twins, aside from if you went with her fishin

• Poor Rosie is about the only intimidating figure in that school lol, but my Clementine did bond with the dog.

How would everyone like to bond with Louis/Violet in Ep2? Were you interested in more silly moments with Louis or is it time for something more serious? Should Violet's include more guilt over losing the twins with the revelation that they were abducted, or more focused on Clementine? Would it change the way you felt about Violet if she was still somewhat flirtly with Clementine with the news that the twins were alive when they were last seen?

When you sit back down at the table after bringing the duffel bags for everyone, Aasim suggested to bring out Rosie to catch scent of any in

• I suppose I just wish Violet's character had more moments to show her emotions over losing the twins, aside from if you went with her fishing.

Eh, I kinda expect Violet (and some of the other students) to be more of a character in her own right.

I was surprised that she didn't have more moments like that

I think it's mainly because Violet was such a ancillary character in usage throughout the first episode and they wanted to gradually build up to the stuff about Tenn's sisters while otherwise letting you get used to survival at Ericson's.

I do miss the conflicts of S1 where there's no right answer, and we're at a point in the story to truly explore some new ones with lasting consequences.

Like...?
    (I'm pretty sure there were some, I'm just blanking at the moment)

While I do agree that the ranch needs some screen time, with as little as we've been given about the other students at the school I just don't want it to over shadow their development. The 'red shirts' should be less obvious lol.

Hopefully, they'll improve the hub areas and arrange objectives where interacting with some of them is a fairly notable occurrence.

I suppose I just wish Violet's character had more moments to show her emotions over losing the twins, aside from if you went with her fishin

• How would everyone like to bond with Louis/Violet in Ep2?

By learning more about who they are, what kind of life they've lived, and dealing with the aftermath of Marlon's confrontation.

Were you interested in more silly moments with Louis or is it time for something more serious?

I mean, while I hope there'll be time for more humor on the side, I think it's set that Louis will get some more direct character focus now that the two day tour is over.

Should Violet's include more guilt over losing the twins with the revelation that they were abducted, or more focused on Clementine?

Some thought and feelings about both the twins themselves and their possible conditions is obvious warranted, but I really think some development on Violet herself would be better.

Poor Rosie is about the only intimidating figure in that school lol, but my Clementine did bond with the dog. How would everyone like to

• I think they're both good and relatively interesting characters who I look forward to seeing more of in the remaining episodes.

• I do miss the conflicts of S1 where there's no right answer, and we're at a point in the story to truly explore some new ones with lasting consequences.

Like...?
    (I'm pretty sure there were some, I'm just blanking at the moment)

Prior to Lily taking out one of two characters on the roadside, most of the choices between Lily and Kenny's leaderships styles were the most divisive of the series. How the final moments with Larry are dealt with is still discussed frequently. Having to hand out food among starving people is memorable. Even deciding whether or not to put a lone survivor out of her misery after she's already bitten with a bullet is a tough choice. It was a mercy to shoot her, but in doing so it also endangered everyone who still had a chance at life.

I'm hoping not much time was passed as I'd like to experience how a group would handle AJ. It'd be great to influence who the new leader in the school was ( albeit that one might be too costly with all of the additional dialogue required to record ). Trying to decide whether or not to search for the twins, find the raider group, or move on from the school. There are a lot of immediate things that could fall in place story-wise that I'd hope aren't skipped over.

I'm hoping that the hub areas are improved and expanded. I was disappointed that we couldn't free-roam more of the school itself. While I definitely understand why it's limited in the first episode, it did seem odd that the first lesson we give to AJ considering entering a new area for the first time we don't actually do with the school we'll be living in lol.

• Don't really care. I like replay value so whateves. I just want the option for the relationships to be platonic.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.