Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• Hooray, my ultimate dream has finally come true. I have become...a GIF.

Hersani posted: »

your reaction to Ava's pathetic death is priceless.. BTW: I love your reviews.

• But... wouldn’t that also go for Ava seeing as they were both written by the same people?

The thing that's different from Mark and Larry's interpretation was that, while it was a part of their character, it was never hinted at tha

• Being written by the same people does not mean that both characters are going to be used in the same way. The writers used David to become a symbolic representation of soldiers in the military, Ava was never used for that purpose. While being talked about as David's right hand, her role and character never really extended beyond that.

Melton23 posted: »

But... wouldn’t that also go for Ava seeing as they were both written by the same people?

• I just don’t see how they’re trying to get that kind of message across if they’re treating the other character perfectly. Just a small example, not much to back it up but an example nonetheless: Lincoln Clay in mafia 3 was also apart of the military, if I’m not mistaken, yet he joins 3 crime gangs, and he starts off in the campaign wearing his military gear, showing that he somewhat holds part of that life near to him, just like David.

People are different, David clearly loved his militaristic life, and constantly bringing up the fact that he was in the army may be his best way of coping with the fact that he just hates himself.

Being written by the same people does not mean that both characters are going to be used in the same way. The writers used David to become a

• I've never played Mafia 3, so I can't really respond to that part of your argument. All I'm saying was that, with how the scene was presented, that's how I ended up interpreting it, and I'm not the only one to point out that problem (watch Dartigan's Everything Wrong With video for A New Frontier).

I just don’t see how they’re trying to get that kind of message across if they’re treating the other character perfectly. Just a small examp

• edited September 2018

I genuinely just remembered after reading your comment, Lincoln Clay and David García are voices by the same guy ? coinky dink? I think not!

I've never played Mafia 3, so I can't really respond to that part of your argument. All I'm saying was that, with how the scene was presente

• Danny Burke is voiced by Jeff Schine (Javier) and Charles Laveau is voiced by Dave Fennoy (Lee). Both are allies of Lincoln.

Mafia III had some great voice actors. Too bad the rest of the game is quite meh.

I genuinely just remembered after reading your comment, Lincoln Clay and David García are voices by the same guy ? coinky dink? I think not!

• Larry was a dick because he's a dick

It also had something to do with the loss of his wife and his protectiveness over Lily.

The thing that's different from Mark and Larry's interpretation was that, while it was a part of their character, it was never hinted at tha

• She was also more involved with ANF!Clementine than most characters, as she not only introduced her & AJ to the New Frontier, but later tried to defend her from David despite her disappointment, snuck her a bag of supplies for the road, and tried to reassure her to keep moving on.
    Her being soldier is mainly a thing through her history with David, her knowledge of weaponry, and her memorial wall pic; background info that has little bearing on her actual character.

Being written by the same people does not mean that both characters are going to be used in the same way. The writers used David to become a

• People are different, David clearly loved his militaristic life, and constantly bringing up the fact that he was in the army may be his best way of coping with the fact that he just hates himself.

...I'm sorry, what?

I just don’t see how they’re trying to get that kind of message across if they’re treating the other character perfectly. Just a small examp

• In episode 5, he flat out states to Javier that he wants to change who he is because he isn’t happy with himself atm. And in episode 4 he goes on to tell Javier that he has a dead end job and is always getting into fights with his wife. Doesn’t sound like a happy man.

DabigRG posted: »

People are different, David clearly loved his militaristic life, and constantly bringing up the fact that he was in the army may be his best way of coping with the fact that he just hates himself. ...I'm sorry, what?

• Oh, well he's a dick. Of course he's not particularly proud when he stops to think.
    Doesn't means he hates himself though. A bit melodramatic there.

In episode 5, he flat out states to Javier that he wants to change who he is because he isn’t happy with himself atm. And in episode 4 he go

• I didnt even see the title of the video and I already knew it was you say run???

Ghetsis posted: »

I'm thinking this, You know I had to, everything works.

• edited September 2018

[nervously sees comments talking about ANF]

So... I just got a decent graphics card now, so I'm ready for "Suffer The Children". Alright, yeah! Not trying to change the subject at all... I guess you can go back to your original discussion now...

• I guess someone is going to have to rectify this problem... :smirk:

(kidding, I wouldn't showcase them all out there if you don't feel they need to be)

Not really.

• Imma keep it real with you. Up until that video I thought you were a female
    ...I think I might have had you confused with Urban Boating Lee

Hooray, my ultimate dream has finally come true. I have become...a GIF.

• Eh, my voice can be at times very high pitched.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Imma keep it real with you. Up until that video I thought you were a female ...I think I might have had you confused with Urban Boating Lee

• Good for you... good for you... ???

eRock92 posted: »

[nervously sees comments talking about ANF] So... I just got a decent graphics card now, so I'm ready for "Suffer The Children". Alright

• I’m so excited for this trailer to drop that I can’t even sleep right now

• Ugh... I really don't want to watch the trailer and spoil it for myself but I'm absolutely dying to see more content...

• Well.. trailers are supposed to not have spoilers, and the trailer for Done Running wasn't really spoilery if you ask me.

Ugh... I really don't want to watch the trailer and spoil it for myself but I'm absolutely dying to see more content...

• Tell that to Hideo Kojima.

amirite @The_Godlike_Beard

NexusFire posted: »

Well.. trailers are supposed to not have spoilers, and the trailer for Done Running wasn't really spoilery if you ask me.

• Wait.. Did Kojima made a spoilery trailer or what?

MrGraffio posted: »

Tell that to Hideo Kojima. amirite @The_Godlike_Beard

• The legend.

Tell that to Hideo Kojima. amirite @The_Godlike_Beard

• like...all the trailers of metal gear v

NexusFire posted: »

Wait.. Did Kojima made a spoilery trailer or what?

• Oh shit :D

like...all the trailers of metal gear v

• This shit is on man! I just got my vacation for next tuesday approved.

• You need to shave bruh. Otherwise review is ok.

For any of you who were still interested, I just finished working on the last part of my ANF review series with my review of From The Gallows. I’m pretty sure it’s longer than the actual episode.

• Those trailers were fantastic until you realize, that they showed literally every single cutscene of the game in those trailers.

Good times.

like...all the trailers of metal gear v

• They went beyond that! They showed cutscenes that WERE NOT in the game!

GSSalvador posted: »

Those trailers were fantastic until you realize, that they showed literally every single cutscene of the game in those trailers. Good times.

• Konami killed themselves the day they fired that man. I really do not know how they can come back.

Jayroen posted: »

The legend.

• I woke myself up thinking it’s 8am but it’s only six-thirty. Back to bed :z

• Not true at all. They get shit ton of money from mobile and arcade games. That will keep them going a long time.
    On the other hand, Kojima spent 4-5 years developing 2 chapters of mgs 5, spending A LOT of money on music licensing that he did not even used in the end, and planned to spend I guess at least 2 more years to finish chapter 3, spending even MORE money. No publisher would allow that (on that scale). So they fired him, yeah, and released what was ready, which is not much tbh (1 full chapter, and secon chapter with repeating missions).
    And Kojima is HIGHLY overrated. He is believed to be the face of mgs, but in reality the first 3 games were not written just by him. They were written by him and Tomokazu Fukushima, who is the main reason these games and their story are so great. Look it up, it will surprise you.
    After his departure Kojima made 4, peace walker and 5, and all of them were topics of controversy from die hard mgs fans. Makes you wonder whether he is as great as media makes you believe.

Konami killed themselves the day they fired that man. I really do not know how they can come back.

• I dont know if I should watch the trailer or not...
    I hate spoilers, especially in such games.

• Telltale will only show you what they want you to see, and what they want you to see wont be spoilery. It's just a case of if you want to go in 100% blind.

Gauss99 posted: »

I dont know if I should watch the trailer or not... I hate spoilers, especially in such games.

• Ok I will trust you, I think I'll watch it ^^

bobshaw posted: »

Telltale will only show you what they want you to see, and what they want you to see wont be spoilery. It's just a case of if you want to go in 100% blind.

• edited September 2018

If you're so scared for spoilers then I suggest you wait so other people can tell if there are spoilers in it or not ;)

Ok I will trust you, I think I'll watch it ^^

• True!

If you're so scared for spoilers then I suggest you wait so other people can tell if there are spoilers in it or not

• What @Thebatman377 said. I would tell you if there is any signs of spoilers or not.

Ok I will trust you, I think I'll watch it ^^

• 8 mins! Guys!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.