Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• If it's indeed a nightmare, her missing hat is probably the only indication for us or her that we're just in a dream, because we know she puts it on the table and she knows she puts it on the table. Always. That's pretty great in terms of writing, because she didn't do it just there. She did it since the beginning of the season. That's how you set-up something to create a good pay-off, even if it's just something small like this.

Melton23 posted: »

which she always puts on the table when she sleeps That’s one of the few things that bugs me in this season. She always takes her hat off before she sleeps, but doesn’t remove her boots or coat.

• Save the rebellion, save the dream!

Oh my god. I goddamn knew it. Number one priority: Save the piano

• Yet they charge $40!!!! For LIS Season 2!! Like that is very very very hard to see. Like 5 episodes for $40. Square Enix isn't like Telltale where Telltale offers 20-25 dollars(when the game comes full with the episodes)vfor their game or season.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Square Enix is bigger than TTG, so they probably can afford to charge less for more

• Because LiS2 will be worth $40 :D . Telltale's games are worth no more than $25 to be honest.

strwar3 posted: »

Yet they charge $40!!!! For LIS Season 2!! Like that is very very very hard to see. Like 5 episodes for $40. Square Enix isn't like Telltale where Telltale offers 20-25 dollars(when the game comes full with the episodes)vfor their game or season.

• Telltale doesn't go that route when they offering us z game like The Wolf Among Us,Game Of Thrones,and The Walking Dead. They do a better job of offering a less expensive game to us.

Because LiS2 will be worth $40 . Telltale's games are worth no more than $25 to be honest.

• Because LiS2 will be worth $40

A game like this is not worth 40 fucking dollars.

Because LiS2 will be worth $40 . Telltale's games are worth no more than $25 to be honest.

• Because LiS2 will be worth $40

You're a regular comedian. I don't think I wouldn't feel ripped off even if they released the game for free.

• edited September 2018

Wow that’s definitely not true lol .. They pretty much changed the price because they are petty.
    TwD won fucking GOTY and even after that Telltale didn’t change the price, this was a pretty shitty move from their part you know

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

I understand you're a bit skeptical about LiS2 because of BTS, but BTS had a different developer(DECK NINE). They're not making LiS2, DontNod is.
    Also, what's $40? that just 8 $5 bills. In fact, it's just 4 $10 dollar bills. Better yet, TWO measly $20 dollar bills. As a matter of fact, if you go to GameStop to buy LiS2 with a $50 dollar bill, they'll even GIVE you a $10 for buying the game with a 50

DanteTimes2 posted: »

Because LiS2 will be worth $40 You're a regular comedian. I don't think I wouldn't feel ripped off even if they released the game for free.

• No matter how good LiS was, it still wasn't better than any Telltale game, in my opinion.

I understand you're a bit skeptical about LiS2 because of BTS, but BTS had a different developer(DECK NINE). They're not making LiS2, DontNo

• I dislike the original LiS with the same measure as BTS. I didn't like any of it. I've seen one video of the second one and I can tell they didn't improve anything. I also know for a fact that Square Enix are greedy bastards who will go to any length to milk the last drop of the first game's success. 40 dollars for an interactive movie with less freedom than an average Telltale game? Pass.

I understand you're a bit skeptical about LiS2 because of BTS, but BTS had a different developer(DECK NINE). They're not making LiS2, DontNo

• Square Enix is just a publisher. The actual developers of LiS is French studio Dontnod which employs the smaller number of employees than Telltale which is 166 in Dontnod and over 300 in Telltale. And about funds...it really doesn't work like that. They never charge less for more in this industry

Square Enix is bigger than TTG, so they probably can afford to charge less for more

• edited September 2018

Excactly. People are complaining about taking care of AJ but LiS games take that idea of being forced to role-play to another level and it's annoying. The facial animations are still garbage and the motion capture is just as bad as GTA 5 2013. It's also really easy to craft their stories - do something cute and heartfelt like walking along train-tracks, running away from your brother who is pretending to be a zombie, get relationship advice, etc.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

I dislike the original LiS with the same measure as BTS. I didn't like any of it. I've seen one video of the second one and I can tell they

• edited September 2018

Oh Yes LIS is so superior to Telltale Imagine a TWD game with Clementine being an* edgy teenager with bad voice acting and with no really facial expressions saying ”hella” all the time and with an ending that doesn’t solve any plot points that were presented throughout the season.

• Square Enix is just a publisher.

Don't publishers give developers the funds to produce a game, kind of like how a film company gives a director millions of dollars to make their movie?

Fury2014 posted: »

Square Enix is just a publisher. The actual developers of LiS is French studio Dontnod which employs the smaller number of employees than Te

• Oh Yes LIS is so superior

Damn right it is!

Imagine a TWD game with Clementine being and edgy teenager

So basically imagine Clementine was Violet, the person everyone on this forum loves?

with bad voice acting

Chloe's voice actor did amazing

and saying ”hella” all the time

That'd be hella awesome.

Box Tv posted: »

Oh Yes LIS is so superior to Telltale Imagine a TWD game with Clementine being an* edgy teenager with bad voice acting and with no really fa

• edited September 2018

People are talking about LiS 2? Wrong thread and wrong community.

• LiS, edgy crybaby simulator the game..

Oh Yes LIS is so superior Damn right it is! Imagine a TWD game with Clementine being and edgy teenager So basically im

• Oh yeah? Well try this one on for size
    TWD, Errand simulator the game...

Jayroen posted: »

LiS, edgy crybaby simulator the game..

• I would say that the length of the episodes and amount of scene variations could potentially justify it. I'd guess part of the reason could be a bigger budget than the first game, especially since there should be a lot more location variety than the first game, since it's a road trip to reach Mexico versus reusing a majority of the environments across 5 episodes. As for length, I'm thinking just the prologue scene alone could end up lasting between 30-40 minutes if you examine everything, plus they cut out a few scenes from the gameplay video.

iFoRias posted: »

Because LiS2 will be worth $40 A game like this is not worth 40 fucking dollars.

• I wouldn't play LiS 2 if I got it for free, the cringe-fest that was the first game still haunts me in my dreams...

• But seriously though, why talk about LiS 1, BTS or 2 here of all places? Like... there's already a thread or two for that... No reason to derail this one...

• edited September 2018

I'm starting to feel sorry for @Dex-Starr with everyone attacking him that LiS is bad. I mean LiS clearly isn't better than any Telltale game (not counting ANF) but still he can think what he thinks.

• Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for them when they make a mod out of me :D

NexusFire posted: »

I'm starting to feel sorry for @Dex-Starr with everyone attacking him that LiS is bad. I mean LiS clearly isn't better than any Telltale game (not counting ANF) but still he can think what he thinks.

• Any telltale game that isn't twd is kinda shit imo. I'm just here for the zombies, man.

• you mean clementine

Any telltale game that isn't twd is kinda shit imo. I'm just here for the zombies, man.

• Can't wait for that.

Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for them when they make a mod out of me

• BaTmAn sEAsOn 2 WaS gOoD ThO
    Tales From The Borderlands is the 2nd best Telltale game in my opinion.

Any telltale game that isn't twd is kinda shit imo. I'm just here for the zombies, man.

• My guy!

Ghetsis posted: »

BaTmAn sEAsOn 2 WaS gOoD ThO Tales From The Borderlands is the 2nd best Telltale game in my opinion.

• edited September 2018

speaking of prices, in my country (saudi arabia) 19.99 dollars to sr is roughly 110+ sr (low price for a new game..)
    but in steam it is priced 34.95 sr for some reason, which is almost the same price for a full mcdonalds meal over here.. weird :P

for the other seasons it's all 70sr, except for michonne whic is 47 sr lol

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Well, we can't forget that they're only charging 20 bucks for the season, and Telltale probably can't spare enough cash to make a full seaso

• yo The Wolf Among Us is great :triumph:

• You must have forgotten tales from the borderlands, sí sí?

• The disrespect.

• The only reason I played LiS was to kill Chloe. I'm still upset that they force you to rewind time when she shoots herself and almost gets hit by the train.

But yeah, I also think TWD is a much better game/story than LiS

NexusFire posted: »

No matter how good LiS was, it still wasn't better than any Telltale game, in my opinion.

• Did...did you just describe Violet?

Box Tv posted: »

Oh Yes LIS is so superior to Telltale Imagine a TWD game with Clementine being an* edgy teenager with bad voice acting and with no really fa

• edited September 2018

Hey, can we ease up on using an original game I know little about to make try and make an overrated cash-in look good?

• I sort of despise LIS cause not only it is full of edgy scenes and non-stop cringe. I am sorry,but Telltale NEVER ever does that at all. In their games? They push emotional scenes to whole new high level of drama and action. The Walking Dead S1 ending made me cry a lot and The Wolf Among Us grab my heart to a whole new level of gameplay and story. Batman Telltale series Seasons 1&2 (including hopefully S3)makes me love playing how Batman and Bruce Wayne are to me.

I wouldn't play LiS 2 if I got it for free, the cringe-fest that was the first game still haunts me in my dreams...

• I would play it just for an excuse to get drunk. But not for 40 fucking dollars.

I wouldn't play LiS 2 if I got it for free, the cringe-fest that was the first game still haunts me in my dreams...

• When you first played LiS, you should've drunk whenever a character drinks lol.

100% IMMERSION

I would play it just for an excuse to get drunk. But not for 40 fucking dollars.

• That’s one of the few things that bugs me in this season. She always takes her hat off before she sleeps, but doesn’t remove her boots or coat.

There is no heating any more...so you know...for warmth. Of course it seems no one takes a bath any more either so the clothes may be caked on.

Melton23 posted: »

which she always puts on the table when she sleeps That’s one of the few things that bugs me in this season. She always takes her hat off before she sleeps, but doesn’t remove her boots or coat.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.