Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• Easy choice for me: Spider-Man

MrGraffio posted: »

3 days to spiderman 13 days to tomb raider 21 days to episode 2 23 days to life is strange 2 I am fucked

• I really love how active Telltale is in the News section.

Maybe because it's the Walking Dead's final season, but regardless it's super cool to keep getting new blog posts, interviews, and awesome Behind-The-Scenes content for fans. Transparency is nice when it comes to how a beloved game is made.

Hopefully this extends into other series in the future. (And that director's commentary is really really nice. Kind of wish we could get insight for the whole episode... R.I.P. Player's Space.)

@mostlypoptarts did you have a hand in this stuff? You mentioned a few months ago how you wanted ideas for BTS stuff, so I imagine all this new blog content is somehow related.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Yeah! I'm helping to shepherd most of this content along, and we've thankfully gotten to a place where now quite a few people are volunteering to write blogs, etc!

Hoping to keep this ball rolling throughout the season, but you will probably see a little less activity until after episode three ships (then we start pulling out the big guns)!

AChicken posted: »

I really love how active Telltale is in the News section. Maybe because it's the Walking Dead's final season, but regardless it's super c

• When will we get a trailer for “Suffer The Children?”

Yeah! I'm helping to shepherd most of this content along, and we've thankfully gotten to a place where now quite a few people are volunteeri

• Probably a week before release. Like all telltale episodes.

When will we get a trailer for “Suffer The Children?”

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Definitely before the 25th. :)

• edited September 2018

@mostlypoptarts sorry to bother you at this time. I was wondering if we could possibly expect more dev commentary for the entirety of Episode 1 and future Episodes? It would be cool to hear a dev members view on a scene as Chris Rebbert did a fantastic job on commentating the first 15 minutes of Episode 1 and it left me wanting more. And this may be pushing it a bit but are there any plans for a "Playing Dead" revival? They were always cool and fun to watch :smile: Sorry for annoying you with these questions.Hope you have a great weekend :smile:

• edited September 2018

20th

• If anyone is a fan of Telltale's older menus a-la Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead Season 2, I highly recommend you read their latest blog post about how they designed the general UI of the Final Season.

This is the best part.

Each episode installed also changes the visuals shown in the main menu (note the changes in color and environment above), so stay tuned for future episodes.

It was probably a given due to how the Episode Slides were featured, but Season 2 style Menu changes confirmed.

• Telltale just tweeted and revealed the returning character in Episode 2.

• He is gonna save them all

AronDracula posted: »

Telltale just tweeted and revealed the returning character in Episode 2. (Spoiler)

• With great survival, comes great responsibility.

He is gonna save them all

• Does anyone have a DeLorean that I could borrow? I want to go to September 25th and play Episode 2.....

• It's just 17 days dude, remember Tales from the borderlands? Now that was waiting...

Does anyone have a DeLorean that I could borrow? I want to go to September 25th and play Episode 2.....

• edited September 2018

remember Tales from the borderlands? Now that was waiting...

No...

Jayroen posted: »

It's just 17 days dude, remember Tales from the borderlands? Now that was waiting...

• Fortunately enough I wasn't around during the "Dark Ages" But yes I have heard it was pretty unbearable

It's just 17 days dude, remember Tales from the borderlands? Now that was waiting...

• It was 112 days between the first and second episode with no communication from Telltale whatsoever, people thought they cancelled the season lol..

Fortunately enough I wasn't around during the "Dark Ages" But yes I have heard it was pretty unbearable

• edited September 2018

But hey, Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 1 episode 2 released just two weeks after episode 1.

That was something, you guys. People could not believe it.

It was 112 days between the first and second episode with no communication from Telltale whatsoever, people thought they cancelled the season lol..

• God, I can only imagine the frustration that people had. But at least the rest of Tales From The Borderlands turned out to be amazing! So the wait was well worth it? :smile:

It was 112 days between the first and second episode with no communication from Telltale whatsoever, people thought they cancelled the season lol..

• YOU GODDAMN SON OF A BISCUIT

AronDracula posted: »

Telltale just tweeted and revealed the returning character in Episode 2. (Spoiler)

• ...dont...YOU DARE SPEAK OF THAT TIME

• edited September 2018

I hope there’s more female characters in Episode 2, because the majority of the characters at The Boarding School are males...

• edited September 2018

Yeah, seriously.
    And the girls are all so underdeveloped and kinda bleed into each other.

I hope there’s more female characters in Episode 2, because the majority of the characters at The Boarding School are males...

• That's because two of the females were taken by raiders, we might still see them in later episodes.

• We kinda have to.

That's because two of the females were taken by raiders, we might still see them in later episodes.

• Why?

DabigRG posted: »

We kinda have to.

• Because Marlon and Brody are dead.
    Also, they're twins.

Why?

• Those are not reasons...

Because Marlon and Brody are dead. Also, they're twins.

• We need people to take their spots, although no one could ever replace Brodyrip my angel ?

Those are not reasons...

• Still why?

Because Marlon and Brody are dead. Also, they're twins.

• I liked Brody too, she becomes a lot more likeable if you go fishing

Dex-Starr posted: »

We need people to take their spots, although no one could ever replace Brodyrip my angel ?

• edited September 2018

From a storytelling standpoint, they are. Or at least wasteful choices made for a reason.
    Oh

Those are not reasons...

• Ah ah ah, remember gender identity is the path to the dark side! People are people, not men or women, we don’t need either gender....just people, if that makes sense. Wouldn’t mind getting me some of those animals tho

• Can you explain?

From a storytelling standpoint, they are. Or at least wasteful choices made for a reason. Oh

• edited September 2018

Because, when telling a story and filling out it's cast of characters, you're often prone to making certain choices when conceptualizing. Choices that are made with the initial of setting up and developing plot points in a certain manner, for a certain reason.
    To get the point across without sounding like I'm just giving you a lecture or somethin, I'm gonna ask you [to think about] this:
    Why kill off Brody and Marlon, the only two characters who were there to meet the raiders and thus know what they're actually like? And why have Marlon trade away Tenn's sisters, when only one [character] would have sufficed?

@Melton23 Ah ah ah, remember gender identity is the path to the dark side! People are people, not men or women, we don’t need either gender....just people, if that makes sense.

It's not so much gender identity(whatever the heck that means there) as the fact that that half is very underrepresented, no, limited in both number and speciation.

Wouldn’t mind getting me some of those animals tho

I suppose I wouldn't having a cat or another dog or something in the story.

Still why?

• edited September 2018

Aaah dabig, ma dude, thought u were the mr smarty pants who uses words that makes me have to use google to figure out what they mean, only to be redirected to another word in order to fully understand the word I’m trying to understand..... anyway here it is
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity

In all seriousness now, people actually need to stop looking at characters (and people for that matter) as a certain sex as start seeing them as just people.

Because, when telling a story and filling out it's cast of characters, you're often prone to making certain choices when conceptualizing. Ch

• Actually, I meant in the context of what you were getting at. Gender Identity is honestly kind of an obvious term, even if I don't necessarily give it any real thought.

In all seriousness now, people actually need to stop looking at characters (and people for that matter) as a certain sex as start seeing them as just people.

Eh, a bit hard to really do that, honestly.

Melton23 posted: »

Aaah dabig, ma dude, thought u were the mr smarty pants who uses words that makes me have to use google to figure out what they mean, only t

• 15 days until Ep 2 comes out! It's surprising how close we are.

• And now it's exactly 2 weeks to go! Man I know 6 week wait in between an episode is much better than what we had with season 2, but still 6 weeks feels like aaages when you're so hyped up.

15 days until Ep 2 comes out! It's surprising how close we are.

• What do you guys expect to be the length of Suffer The Children? Something like Done Running or shorter?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.