Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• I've never got an ad for Telltale games. But maybe because I don't live in the uk

Cdognkal2 posted: »

It's nice to see Telltale actually putting money into Advertising. I can't help but grin when a video for TFS shows up YouTube. Now only if they could actually do this with ALL their games

• Same. Honestly, I get a lot more Spanish and alcohol ads then I get gaming ones. YouTube needs to get their shit together lol

I've never got an ad for Telltale games. But maybe because I don't live in the uk

• Yea and its strange cause I watch a shit ton of Telltale video's, but maybe its just because different countries

Same. Honestly, I get a lot more Spanish and alcohol ads then I get gaming ones. YouTube needs to get their shit together lol

• I wonder what will the outcome will be ;)

I predict it will the same rating as the Australian Classification rating for ep 2. But I guess we will find out how they rate the Moderate Sex impact in EP 2.

bobshaw posted: »

ESRB took down the rating for The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Suffer The Children, presumably in preparation for actually rating it. I wonder what will the outcome will be

• edited August 2018

Just decided to watch some footage of the French dub (among other languages) of the final season.

What's interesting: the mouths match the words. That's some cool detail.
    If someone put those animations together manually, awesome and kudos to that person.
    If Telltale developed some program to read the syllables or word structure of the script, and then place preset "syllable" animations together for dialogue, that's equally awesome and congrats to Telltale for developing that simplifying tech.

Whatever the case, the dialogue and mouth animation seem surprisingly accurate.

• Yeah, it suprised me as well. I saw it in German. I think they kinda tested it with Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2, which was also dubbed and due to the simplistic facial animation, they seem to have tested it there for the first time.

Now that its working on more complex facial animations, i hope it becomes the new standard for Telltale going forward.

AChicken posted: »

Just decided to watch some footage of the French dub (among other languages) of the final season. What's interesting: the mouths match th

• September 25 i cant wait

• 4 weeks and 1 day remaining.

• What? Only almost 2 weeks have passed? It felt like ages..

4 weeks and 1 day remaining.

• Time is moving too slow
    I’ve been through waits like this but for some reason episode two feels like centuries away

What? Only almost 2 weeks have passed? It felt like ages..

• I know right? I felt that Above The Law (ANF Ep. 3) came really fast when in reality it took 3 months.

Leegendary posted: »

Time is moving too slow I’ve been through waits like this but for some reason episode two feels like centuries away

• Because Ties That Bind was shit and Done Running was great.

I know right? I felt that Above The Law (ANF Ep. 3) came really fast when in reality it took 3 months.

• “Dates subject to change.” Eheh.. they could change any of the dates we’ll never know.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

If the date did change due to any internal delays they would announce it in advance.

Zekkarooo posted: »

“Dates subject to change.” Eheh.. they could change any of the dates we’ll never know.

• edited August 2018

HOW TO WATCH OR PLAY EPISODE 2 QUICKLY WITHOUT WAITING FOR 4 WEEKS!

4 weeks to go? Long wait, eh? No problem!

Well, according to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, for an observer in an inertial frame of reference, a clock that is moving relative to him will be measured to tick slower than a clock that is at rest in his frame of reference.
    This phenomenon is known as time dilation.

So, someone just needs to make a REALLY fast spacecraft, that can travel close to the speed of light. Then go with it to space, at such exact speed that, after you complete your trip that could last only for like 1 minute, 4 weeks will have passed already on Earth, and so you'll be able to go and play/watch episode 2 in just a minute!
    In this formula:

t' is 4 weeks passing on earth, t is our 1 minute trip, c is speed of light, and v is the required speed. Plugging t', t and c in the equation, and solving for v, gives required speed: 299,792,457.9 m/s. This is only 0.1 m/s slower than the speed of light itself, so getting something that fast would be difficult, but if you want to be able to watch or play episode 2 maybe in an hour, or maybe a day or a full week(instead of 4 weeks), then you won't have to get to such fast speed(still pretty fast tho). So, the faster speed you achieve, the less time will you have to wait for next episode.

CHECKMATE TELLTALE

• edited August 2018

Wow, I´ve just made a decision to skip the college in my life bc of your post :smiley:

Razer531 posted: »

HOW TO WATCH OR PLAY EPISODE 2 QUICKLY WITHOUT WAITING FOR 4 WEEKS! 4 weeks to go? Long wait, eh? No problem! Well, according to Einst

HOW TO WATCH OR PLAY EPISODE 2 QUICKLY WITHOUT WAITING FOR 4 WEEKS! 4 weeks to go? Long wait, eh? No problem! Well, according to Einst

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

If Telltale developed some program to read the syllables or word structure of the script, and then place preset "syllable" animations together for dialogue, that's equally awesome and congrats to Telltale for developing that simplifying tech.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I actually think that this is how the process works as it is. From what I can tell, Telltale uses a phoneme system for lip syncing; to put it as simply as possible, these are animations that line up with the sounds for certain words/letters, as if the character were mouthing it out. They're like a template, and you stitch them together to make the character appear to mouth out whatever the dialogue is. In a foreign language, you just simply move the phoneme files around to match up with the sounds/phonetics of the words spoken in that particular language/dialect/etc, and boom, you have localized lip sync.

I know Valve (when they still made games) did the same thing for their games; use of phonemes to make life-like lip syncing in a fast and efficient manner, as well as being easily applied to foreign languages for quick localization.

I'd like to say a fair amount of developers already do this, since it's for the most part quick, and tends to look decent on its own (although you definitely need to do some touch-ups by hand to fully iron out the kinks)

AChicken posted: »

Just decided to watch some footage of the French dub (among other languages) of the final season. What's interesting: the mouths match th

• Wow...

• Mass Effect 2 did the same. It worked really well, too.

Deltino posted: »

If Telltale developed some program to read the syllables or word structure of the script, and then place preset "syllable" animations togeth

• Let's not talk about andromeda though.

GSSalvador posted: »

Mass Effect 2 did the same. It worked really well, too.

• Or any other future Mass Effect games too.

Let's not talk about andromeda though.

• Oof. Way to burn a franchise. Some kind of spin-off story with the main goal of introducing new players to the franchise with awful writing, lots of rewriting in an ultimately disjointed package.

Wonder where i heard that one before...

Let's not talk about andromeda though.

• Huh..

GSSalvador posted: »

Oof. Way to burn a franchise. Some kind of spin-off story with the main goal of introducing new players to the franchise with awful writing, lots of rewriting in an ultimately disjointed package. Wonder where i heard that one before...

• edited August 2018

Join us this Sunday at PAX West for The Walking Dead reunion panel, featuring a first look at episode two of The Walking Dead: The Final Season, "Suffer the Children!"

Not attending? You can watch live at https://t.co/gRvhPxgKZC! pic.twitter.com/7JpjPT4Gqb

— Telltale Games (@telltalegames) August 28, 2018
  • Hype!

Join us this Sunday at PAX West for The Walking Dead reunion panel, featuring a first look at episode two of The Walking Dead: The Final Sea

• Is it possible to watch it afterward?

• If someone saves/archives it, yes.

Is it possible to watch it afterward?

• the sounds/phonetics of the words spoken

That's the word I was looking for!

But yeah whatever it is it's real nice.

Deltino posted: »

If Telltale developed some program to read the syllables or word structure of the script, and then place preset "syllable" animations togeth

• Am very excite.

Join us this Sunday at PAX West for The Walking Dead reunion panel, featuring a first look at episode two of The Walking Dead: The Final Sea

• Ties that Bind was too big for one episode...you know it is true.

Because Ties That Bind was shit and Done Running was great.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

...Dang, you got us

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    • we will have an exclusive look at 402. It WILL be streamed... and available to view on YouTube after the panel :)

• I mean, it definitely couldn't have been one episode event wise.

Ties that Bind was too big for one episode...you know it is true.

• Oh Thank You! I can't wait for it.

* we will have an exclusive look at 402. It WILL be streamed... and available to view on YouTube after the panel

• Oh thank God. I was afraid I would have to blindfold myself and plug my ears until the episode was out.

* we will have an exclusive look at 402. It WILL be streamed... and available to view on YouTube after the panel

• I don't know if this is the case for everyone but from my point of view this previous comment of mine does not appear in the tweet format despite me embedding the tweet by Telltale and sharing it directly to this discussion. Does my previous comment appear normally?

• Quite excited to see that trailer for Episode 2!!

• I'm with you!

Quite excited to see that trailer for Episode 2!!

• Thank you so much.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.