Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• People go out of their way to talk about anything on this forum.

Naturally, there will be fans of the characters involves in said romance and the relationships that evolve out of them. Because Telltale made the romance subtle (yet obvious), you think people should react the same way? When i say Telltale knew what they were doing, i meant that they knew what kind of discussions would be sparked, especially if you look at other fandoms and at ANF a couple of years ago.

People go out of their way to ship Clementine with Louis/Violet. The actual episode builds the romance up much more subtle than you're trying to portray, it doesn't feel forced.

• So subtle that I didn't pick up on anything substantial.

People go out of their way to ship Clementine with Louis/Violet. The actual episode builds the romance up much more subtle than you're trying to portray, it doesn't feel forced.

• Not the hints from the devs? Not the blatant flirting from Louis? You couldn't put the pieces together to realise what was with violet?

That's on you my friend.

DabigRG posted: »

So subtle that I didn't pick up on anything substantial.

• Not the hints from the devs?

I do recall the alleged statement that there would be an LGBT character in the game, but that had no influence over my first experience with the story proper.

Not the blatant flirting from Louis?

Just assumed it was that thing where the cultured and/or light-hearted guy sometimes throws around compliments and talks of romance without actually getting together with them.

You couldn't put the pieces together to realise what was with violet?

Honestly, no. I didn't see the heart in the fishing shack myself(assuming you unconditionally see it if you go fishing) and it was only when mentioned it that the attribute itself truly occurred me as a fact.

That's on you my friend.

I don't know why you felt the need to add something so unnecessarily obvious to say.

bobshaw posted: »

Not the hints from the devs? Not the blatant flirting from Louis? You couldn't put the pieces together to realise what was with violet? That's on you my friend.

• Does anyone know if we will get to see Javi,Gabe,Kate,Jesus? I really hope to meet them in episode 2.

• Telltale confirmed they are not coming back.

BruceKyle posted: »

Does anyone know if we will get to see Javi,Gabe,Kate,Jesus? I really hope to meet them in episode 2.

• To be specific, they confirmed we won't see them on screen. That still leaves a possibility of them being mentioned. I can imagine some people won't be satisfied with that.

NexusFire posted: »

Telltale confirmed they are not coming back.

• Actually, Javier was already mentioned in Done Running.

Tewudin posted: »

To be specific, they confirmed we won't see them on screen. That still leaves a possibility of them being mentioned. I can imagine some people won't be satisfied with that.

• I know and also Gabe can be mentioned if the right dialogue is picked.

Actually, Javier was already mentioned in Done Running.

• Oh yeah right.

I know and also Gabe can be mentioned if the right dialogue is picked.

• Btw. its so freaky with us having the exactly same avatar :D

Oh yeah right.

• Yeah haha :p :D

Btw. its so freaky with us having the exactly same avatar

• Jesus won’t return because telltale said that comic book characters are not in this season

Does anyone know if we will get to see Javi,Gabe,Kate,Jesus? I really hope to meet them in episode 2.

• I don't know why you felt the need to add something so unnecessarily obvious to say.

Well you don't have a reputation for picking up on the obvious ;)

Not the hints from the devs? I do recall the alleged statement that there would be an LGBT character in the game, but that had no in

• edited August 2018

I can't believe I live in Asia and yet you westerns are going crazy over that "moderate sex rating" and not me. Weird for you guys. I can bet my life that this would be absolutely nothing compared to your everyday western movies and shows lol.

• I hear the drums echo in the night

• Couldn't find a better thread to put this and don't know if ppl have already seen this but....

Interesting interview with The Walking Dead's executive producer Brodie Andersen

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-23-telltale-games-we-have-let-players-down-in-the-past

• A lot of interesting stuff in there. Thanks for posting that!

Couldn't find a better thread to put this and don't know if ppl have already seen this but.... Interesting interview with The Walking Dea

• No problem!??

A lot of interesting stuff in there. Thanks for posting that!

• Sounds like there may be multiple endings and routes possibly similar to Batman. That's good to hear.

No problem!??

• Yup, was just about to post that last comment here:

"There's going to be a variety of avenues throughout the season... [but we] won't ever make the player feel like they got the bad ending to the story, it's your ending."

Sounds like there may be multiple endings and routes possibly similar to Batman. That's good to hear.

• I like how they want to experiment now. It makes me excited to see how much their games will change in the future.

Sounds like there may be multiple endings and routes possibly similar to Batman. That's good to hear.

• What about Javi and the others?

• What about them?

What about Javi and the others?

• edited August 2018

Awesome. I am so happy!

• They aren’t coming back

What about Javi and the others?

• I think so. There are only four episodes in this season so I expect that all the episodes will be a good length.

strwar3 posted: »

So do you guys think EP 2 will be 2 hours long?

• inb4 "Episode 2 was just too long, we had to split it into three parts"

GBDillon posted: »

I think so. There are only four episodes in this season so I expect that all the episodes will be a good length.

• Hey, if each own still feels like a whole, satisfactory episode in their own right, I don't think many will complain.

Especially since this is "The Best since Season 1."

inb4 "Episode 2 was just too long, we had to split it into three parts"

• If Episode 2 was originally 6-8 hours long, I wouldn't complain

Hey, if each own still feels like a whole, satisfactory episode in their own right, I don't think many will complain. Especially since this is "The Best since Season 1."

• lol he does

LazyAlex posted: »

Agree, he's one of the most humble and genuine youtuber on the platform, but anyone who doesn't follow him only listens to others talking sh

• Dude that is the best gif I’ve ever had the the privilege to lay my eyes upon.

Not again...

• edited August 2018

I wonder if we're going to see in episode 2 what happened at the McCaroll(?) farm.

I think it would be cool if the episode opens with a flashback of the farm. We know there was blood involved, so the owners, who took care of AJ, are probably dead.

The farm may have been attacked by Joan, who may have known about it, and some men from The New Frontier. She probably raided it for supplies after losing Richmond and killed the farmers, who turn and try to kill AJ whom they hid right before Joan arrived with her men.

So Clem shoots the farmers, who tried to kill AJ -> hardcut to AJ shooting Marlon, who - in his eyes - tried to kill Clementine -> intro beginns.

• GSSalvador posted: »

I wonder if we're going to see in episode 2 what happened at the McCaroll(?) farm. I think it would be cool if the episode opens with a f

• That shit's actually pretty hilarious. :D

Jayroen posted: »

like this?

• Where was that said? Just for reference

Jesus won’t return because telltale said that comic book characters are not in this season

• It's nice to see Telltale actually putting money into Advertising. I can't help but grin when a video for TFS shows up YouTube.
    Now only if they could actually do this with ALL their games

• edited August 2018

It was something other discorved in AMA and that’s where telltale confirmed no comic characters in TFS.

-XYAB- posted: »

Where was that said? Just for reference

• Oh alright. No Jesus returning then.. :(

It was something other discorved in AMA and that’s where telltale confirmed no comic characters in TFS.

• ESRB took down the rating for The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Suffer The Children, presumably in preparation for actually rating it. I wonder what will the outcome will be ;)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.