Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2018

Well technically, it's more like backshooting. Y'know, because Marlon...

Melton23 posted: »

Only a few weeks until a perfectly good season gets ruined by that backstabbing asswipe. Can’t believe I used to defend him to the death ? awareness must be raised for the #SayNoToAJ cause

• No.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Didn't they delay the game?

• edited September 2018

No. No delays. According to the Gameplay Clip that was shown at PAX West Episode 2 is still on course to be released on September 25th, just like Telltale said :smile:

• Damn, The Walking Dead: The Final Season episode 2 and Life is Strange 2 release on the same day. I wonder which one I should play first :D I'll just save the best for last.

• Do they? I thought LiS 2 releases 27th.

Damn, The Walking Dead: The Final Season episode 2 and Life is Strange 2 release on the same day. I wonder which one I should play first I'll just save the best for last.

• edited September 2018

Oof. Got me there. Here’s hoping for a Disney styled sing along to help explain to AJ that killing people is bad no matter what-Lee 2012

Deltino posted: »

Well technically, it's more like backshooting. Y'know, because Marlon...

• Yeah, they release on the 27th. I could've swore it said the 25th

NexusFire posted: »

Do they? I thought LiS 2 releases 27th.

• Easy to misread.

Yeah, they release on the 27th. I could've swore it said the 25th

• No...where'd you get that idea from?

• In another thread

Megaodg33 posted: »

No...where'd you get that idea from?

• Did they?

• They did not. The preview literally says Sep 25

Did they?

• Yeah, whoever said that is lying or trolling

In another thread

• 3 more weeks to go. We are now halfway through the waiting time from episode 1 to episode 2.

• 3 days to spiderman
    13 days to tomb raider
    21 days to episode 2
    23 days to life is strange 2

I am fucked

Razer531 posted: »

3 more weeks to go. We are now halfway through the waiting time from episode 1 to episode 2.

• I'm with you.

MrGraffio posted: »

3 days to spiderman 13 days to tomb raider 21 days to episode 2 23 days to life is strange 2 I am fucked

• And 105 until...The End.

This is going to be the saddest christmas ever.

63 days to ep 3

• 2034 is more close than 2003

And 105 until...The End. This is going to be the saddest christmas ever.

• edited September 2018

Speaking of which, I think a new Walking Dead issue is out tomorrow.

2034 is more close than 2003

• Hey btw have you seen the reviews for Spiderman?? 9.5/10s and 10/10 are flying in!

3 days to spiderman 13 days to tomb raider 21 days to episode 2 23 days to life is strange 2 I am fucked

• cant wait

NexusFire posted: »

Hey btw have you seen the reviews for Spiderman?? 9.5/10s and 10/10 are flying in!

• I sure hope you're pullin that outta your ass and not indirectly spoiling anything.

Melton23 posted: »

Only a few weeks until a perfectly good season gets ruined by that backstabbing asswipe. Can’t believe I used to defend him to the death ? awareness must be raised for the #SayNoToAJ cause

• A director's commentary on the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

• Really cool. Thanks! :)

dojo32161 posted: »

A director's commentary on the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

• Thank you Telltale for this video. I love audio commentaries from the developers, it really makes us appreciate the details we miss at first but can understand from the point of view of the director. It shows that you truly care for the engagement of the players. I love the moment where the director mentions the importance of silence and no music to provide tension and uncertainty.

• This is awesome! I really wish they'd do a whole playthrough of all 5 episodes and talk about some of the decisions they made during developement and why they made it.

dojo32161 posted: »

A director's commentary on the first 15 minutes of episode 1.

• ^ THIS.

Thank you Telltale for this video. I love audio commentaries from the developers, it really makes us appreciate the details we miss at first

• edited September 2018

Telltale put up a new article about how the one shot car scene from Episode 1 came to be.

https://telltale.com/news/2018/09/what-a-car-crash-can-tell-you-about-clementines-survival-in-the-walking-dead-the-final-season/

• Me too, I would love to see full length commentaries, or even just small ones like this with different team members. But I would kill for a full length commentary with Melissa Hutchinson.

GSSalvador posted: »

This is awesome! I really wish they'd do a whole playthrough of all 5 episodes and talk about some of the decisions they made during developement and why they made it.

• Anyone know when Telltale is going to reveal release date for the trailer?

• It is actually quite nice to see positive discussions on the forums. Since I joined last year I always came across a discussion bashing A New Frontier, the characters and the writing/rewrites but with The Final Season 99% of the Community are praising the Story, the characters and the writing as well as being extremely relieved with the lack of rewrites as evidenced by the cut content for Episode 1 (Which only had like 6 or 7 lines cut from Episode 1)

• edited September 2018

They normally release the Thursday before the episode actually comes out, therefore it should release September 20th

Razer531 posted: »

Anyone know when Telltale is going to reveal release date for the trailer?

• https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1037701961993347072

So... a season pass disc in november with the last episode releasing in december? Why not just wait for january or february to put it all on a disc?

• Interesting.

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1037701961993347072 So... a season pass disc in november with the last episode releasing in december? Why not just wait for january or february to put it all on a disc?

• edited September 2018

When you have been trying to share a tweet for 10 minutes but it won't work....

• edited September 2018

There's a new blog post about the menu/UI design and its influences:
    https://telltale.com/news/2018/09/inside-the-final-seasons-inventive-user-interface/

Should we open a dedicated thread for these blog posts? Because I imagine some people - including me - find these inside looks rather interesting and Telltale seems to publish new ones pretty reguarly.

It's also pretty neat that the animation/style of the main menu (currently the one where you look out of a car) seems to change with each new episode release.

• UI

ultra instinct??

There's a new blog post about the menu/UI design and its influences: https://telltale.com/news/2018/09/inside-the-final-seasons-inventive-u

• Obviously.

UI ultra instinct??

• Should we open a dedicated thread for these blog posts? Because I imagine some people - including me - find these inside looks rather interesting and Telltale seems to publish new ones pretty reguarly.

Yes,please.

There's a new blog post about the menu/UI design and its influences: https://telltale.com/news/2018/09/inside-the-final-seasons-inventive-u

Sign in to comment in this discussion.