TWDG TFS: Studio to the Rescue

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

So, a concern I've seen brought up a few times is whether another company would be able to perhaps take what has been completed & planned for the remaining half of The Final Season and completing it. Perhaps this is indeed possible and through the very thing that's given us proof that the situation is indeed regretfully dire--social media.
So, to all you who have Twitter accounts, Facebook, Tumblr, Snapchat, etc., I'm proposing you take to them with all your voice and create tags & viral movements that will get their attention.

. #SaveUsSEGA #SaveUsEpicGames #saveusubisoft #SAVEUSCDPROJEKT

Tagged:

Comments

• BigboiRG to the rescue. I support this message

• I support:

SaveUsEpicGames

• saveusubisoft

• SAVE US CD PROJEKT

• edited September 2018

Pretty sure they would have to start the season from scratch if another company could grab ahold of it. They can't easily take another team's code, engine, and script and continue it as if the same team. Not to mention issues such as contracting the previous voice actors. Let's also not forget that in the end, The Walking Dead IP is a license not owned by Telltale. So who 'owns' Clementine is complicated. Buying Telltale would only be the first step. And who would want to buy the assets to a dead company, for a game you might not even have the rights to develop?

• Fair point...but that's why things like publishing aid is an option.

ladypocky posted: »

Pretty sure they would have to start the season from scratch if another company could grab ahold of it. They can't easily take another team'

• I don't think it's possible. I was meant to say this somewhere else but I don't remember now. Man.. it's just really surreal knowing that in my prime, one of my favourite companies closes down. It's not really depressing with other studios that don't do much fan co-oporation. A studio that has an active and certainly not dead forum. A strong council, a strong community. I thought Telltale would close in 2025-2030, but this is just really... sad. And abrupt. But I'll save that for later.

• Yeah, that's a serious shame. They just wanted to finally move on from the Walking Dead and now can't even finish the last half of it.

I don't think it's possible. I

What do you mean?

Ghetsis posted: »

I don't think it's possible. I was meant to say this somewhere else but I don't remember now. Man.. it's just really surreal knowing that in

• So, how goes the trending?

• Not to mention that there's probably no money to be made from it; we've already paid.

ladypocky posted: »

Pretty sure they would have to start the season from scratch if another company could grab ahold of it. They can't easily take another team'

Sign in to comment in this discussion.