Telltale won’t be bought by another company, TWD and Telltale 100% are gone

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

Telltale doesn’t have their own properties, they don’t have their employees, they don’t have almost anything left. If some company wants to buy Telltale, they will only buy the name.
And given the fact that The Final Season and Telltale as a whole doesn’t seem to be getting good sales, I would say it is almost impossible to happen. Why would a big company buy Telltale? They don’t have anything left, just get another new story teller company. And it is too risky for a small company buy Telltale since their sales are shit now.

Guys, as heartbreaking as it is, if Telltale doesn’t complete the game now, it is all gone. TWD is gone, TWAU is gone. We can at best hope they will some day, some year, make a comic ending Clem's story.

Comments

• So what about the Assets? The 3D models, voicelines, scenes made in the engine, etc. Do they belong to skybound legally or telltale?

• It is still possible for another company to buy the rights to these series, this may happen at a bankruptcy auction. To be honest, no one knows at this point what will happen however it is very likely we will never see the end of the final season, I don’t see how it wou;d be profitable to release only two additional episodes of a finished series.

• That’s a good question. Everything will probably be scrapped anyways..

ladypocky posted: »

So what about the Assets? The 3D models, voicelines, scenes made in the engine, etc. Do they belong to skybound legally or telltale?

• I don't fucking want a comic ending nor do I want scripted endings I want what I fucking paid for. all four episodes to be released.

• edited September 2018

Why would another company finish this series if it didnt make enough money to even be completed?

DarthV112 posted: »

It is still possible for another company to buy the rights to these series, this may happen at a bankruptcy auction. To be honest, no one kn

• I'm sure we'll see the script for episode 4 leak out at some point. There's no reason to keep it a secret. Other than that, who knows.

• We're better off asking Skybound to let an already existing developing company, like DONTNOD, finish TFS. I know I've been pushing it with DONTNOD, but let's be real people, they're the next best thing to Telltale we've got, and they already have all of the resources needed to do so. If Skybound sees enough fans of the walking dead asking that they let DONTNOD finish the game, they might let them. It's worth a shot, and it beats moping.

• Box, trying to be "the voice of reality" isn't helping right now. If/when Telltale announces the last two episodes are cancelled, we'll do our best to move on. But until we get confirmation, we should still be allowed to hope.

• Or we can ask Skybound to let someone else finish it.

Box, trying to be "the voice of reality" isn't helping right now. If/when Telltale announces the last two episodes are cancelled, we'll do our best to move on. But until we get confirmation, we should still be allowed to hope.

• What do you think I've been doing?

Dex-Starr posted: »

Or we can ask Skybound to let someone else finish it.

• I've done so as well

What do you think I've been doing?

• edited September 2018

Yes man it is really fucking sad. Even thought unlikely, yes maybe maybe some company might finish the series, but Telltale itself is lost and gone forever, realistically speaking.

Box, trying to be "the voice of reality" isn't helping right now. If/when Telltale announces the last two episodes are cancelled, we'll do our best to move on. But until we get confirmation, we should still be allowed to hope.

• Yeah and we do kind of have history to go by, even for licensed products. Like for instance when THQ filed for bankruptcy, all their games and IP's and even licensed products were auctioned off and went to different companies. Like 2k games got the wwe games license from THQ, and got Yukes on board that was I think under THQ? Then all their other in-house IPs and possibly others then were auctioned off to other companies (like the Saints Row, Homefront) went to Deepsilver.

DarthV112 posted: »

It is still possible for another company to buy the rights to these series, this may happen at a bankruptcy auction. To be honest, no one kn

• If DontNod did it then the facial expressions and everything would look so darn ugly. Unless Telltale artists and designers went to DontNod, and Telltale gave them he Telltlale Tool.

Dex-Starr posted: »

We're better off asking Skybound to let an already existing developing company, like DONTNOD, finish TFS. I know I've been pushing it with

Sign in to comment in this discussion.