Well at least we know there is no chance Ellie will get cancelled.

At least we know (for many of us) our other favorite zombie apocalypse girl is being run by a solid company that knows how to make games. Ellie we will be able to see her story through to fruition.

Comments

• Interesting enough, Naughty Dog just opened jobs up to displaced Telltale workers 2 hours ago.

• Well Ellie is backed by a multi billion dollar company...though I have to say...her voice has not changed even though she is older...was the voice actress unwilling or just stupid?

• gee that really makes me feel better thanks

• edited September 2018

You cant really compare a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment with TellTale...
    With all the proper respect I have for TT, Sony is like a mountain compared them...

• True. Which is why there is no chance Ellie's story will get cancelled.

Gauss99 posted: »

You cant really compare a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment with TellTale... With all the proper respect I have for TT, Sony is like a mountain compared them...

• Her case is more of just being kept in developmental abyss for an unspecified amount of years.

sony12 posted: »

True. Which is why there is no chance Ellie's story will get cancelled.

• Who knows. I definitely would have preferred Telltale to take their time on the Walking Dead games in order to perfect it just like NaughtyDog does with most of their stuff.

Chibikid posted: »

Her case is more of just being kept in developmental abyss for an unspecified amount of years.

• edited September 2018

Anyway I enjoyed Last of Us 1 a lot, I'd like to try the second installment but I really doubt I'll ever going to buy a PS4 just for that game alone.
    The next zombie game I'm waiting for is Resident Evil 2 Remastered.

• Just watch a playthrough of it then on youtube to get the story. Lots of people put up no commentary playthroughs that you can watch.

Anyway I enjoyed Last of Us 1 a lot, I'd like to try the second installment but I really doubt I'll ever going to buy a PS4 just for that game alone. The next zombie game I'm waiting for is Resident Evil 2 Remastered.

• Unlike Naughty Dog, Telltale couldn't afford to take years of development on a single game without sustaining short term costs. I feel that's part in why Telltale began producing multiple projects simultaneously to keep afloat after dwindling sales and declining management.

Who knows. I definitely would have preferred Telltale to take their time on the Walking Dead games in order to perfect it just like NaughtyDog does with most of their stuff.

• edited September 2018

Ye usually I do that but I get bored after the first 30-40 min of a walkthrough, watching other people while they are playing is so boring, especially single player games. But I like watching people playing competitive multiplayer games like high elo players in League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offense or high rated arena players in World of Warcraft for example.

Just watch a playthrough of it then on youtube to get the story. Lots of people put up no commentary playthroughs that you can watch.

• Yeah usually I feel that way to. Last of Us is basically an interactive movie/tv show though so I think just watching for the story can be fun as well.

Ye usually I do that but I get bored after the first 30-40 min of a walkthrough, watching other people while they are playing is so boring,

• That may be the case in regards to why they had so many projects. It doesn't seem they picked all those projects up until Walking Dead season 2 only sold about a third of what season 1 did.

Chibikid posted: »

Unlike Naughty Dog, Telltale couldn't afford to take years of development on a single game without sustaining short term costs. I feel that'

• They picked too many projects and worse they picked the wrong projects. A new frontier, Guardians of The Galaxy, Batman S2, Minecraft Story mode S2 all performed very poorly. Those games combine make up Telltale's past 1-2 years of primary work.

That may be the case in regards to why they had so many projects. It doesn't seem they picked all those projects up until Walking Dead season 2 only sold about a third of what season 1 did.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.