If you haven't been buying TellTale games, you are not to blame for the closure

I've seen a few people in various places around the internet saying that people who didn't buy all TellTale's games are to blame for TellTale going under. That is not true. The only people to blame for TellTale going under are TellTale themselves, specifically former CEO Kevin Bruner for his colossal mismanagement and the board for not ousting him sooner. You can't churn out garbage content over and over and expect people to keep buying it. You can't hemorrhage money as long as the company did without addressing the cause and expect to stay afloat. Bruner ruined the company's reputation with the fans and players, the people who ultimately give their money to keep the company afloat. Too many customers lost faith in the company's products and stopped purchasing them yet that didn't stop Bruner from purchasing more and more licenses and continuing to shovel out garbage. The board waited too long to oust him and by the time they did, it was too late, the new CEO just did not have enough time to right the ship after Bruner had already capsized it.

You are not to blame. We are not to blame. Do not let anyone tell you it's your fault.

Comments

• edited September 2018

A company should never blame it's customers/gamers for their financial crisis the main problem was paying too much on licences and not enough original ips

• To my knowledge it's not anyone from the company blaming customers for the lack of sales, it's just randos on the internet and even then, it's only a few that I've seen.

donmike84 posted: »

A company should never blame it's customers/gamers for their financial crisis the main problem was paying too much on licences and not enough original ips

• edited September 2018

I bought pretty much every TTG's game except for Walking Dead 3&4 and MSM1&2 and Guardians... I found TWDs2 disappointing and I simply had no interest in playing more sequels to that, MSM felt like a game for children, and as for the GotG, I didn't like the art style of the game, and was never a fan of the movies either

Besides I have bought TWDS1 - x2 [PC+XBOX360], TWAU - x3 [PC, XBOX, XBOX ONE], GoT - x2 [PC, XBOX 360] and both Batmans x2 [PC, XBOX ONE].

So I would like to think, that I did all I could have done to show my love to TTG

Sign in to comment in this discussion.