OMG! They won't shut down!

See in twitter, CEO of Telltale (Pete) cancels the shut down!

Proof:
https://i.imgur.com/1Kk6adD.png

Comments

• The community is turning into Gollum at this point. Wait for official confirmation of everything whilst being aware of any more official suggestions from credible sources and you should be fine... relatively speaking.

• We already knew this, doesn't mean TFS won't be suspended indefinitely.

• All this means is TTG still exists as a company. It does not automatically mean anything good for TFS. TTG has a contractual obligation to Netflix to convert MCSM into a Netflix format. That is very likely the only reason the doors are still technically open at all. In all likelihood, once their obligations to Netflix have been fulfilled everyone still working at TellTale will also be laid off and the doors will officially shut.

• And towards Skybound, they do not have a contractual obligation too?

All this means is TTG still exists as a company. It does not automatically mean anything good for TFS. TTG has a contractual obligation to N

• There's being hopeful and then there is being delusional.

Even if the company doesn't shut down they have 25 employees left, and let's face it they are likely looking for another job as we speak, and who would Telltale hire when their troubles are so well publicised?

Telltale might continue to exist on paper but it's gone.

• As I understand it, TellTale's only contract with Skybound was licensing the Walking Dead rights to make the games. TellTale paid Skybound and so Skybound does not require them to put out a product. The thing with Netflix is Netflix paid TellTale to convert MCSM to a Netflix format so TT still has to do that.

Supertialex posted: »

And towards Skybound, they do not have a contractual obligation too?

• So you're saying 100,000 people bought their 4 episode product with release dates given beforehand, they just go mehhh we're only gonna give you half and there's no laws in place to protect the customers in America? How the fuck does anyone do business there without getting scammed?

As I understand it, TellTale's only contract with Skybound was licensing the Walking Dead rights to make the games. TellTale paid Skybound a

• Most transactions aren't of a "pay first, get your product later" nature, for this very reason. The gaming industry has so fully embraced this preorder system that people do it without thinking, and most of the time it's fine because even if a company delivers a shitty product, they delivered a product and people are stuck with it.

Jayroen posted: »

So you're saying 100,000 people bought their 4 episode product with release dates given beforehand, they just go mehhh we're only gonna give

• And firing 250 people on the spot to prevent bankruptcy is legal over there? Again I ask, how the fuck does anyone do business in America?

Most transactions aren't of a "pay first, get your product later" nature, for this very reason. The gaming industry has so fully embraced th

• that's late stage capitalism for ya

Jayroen posted: »

And firing 250 people on the spot to prevent bankruptcy is legal over there? Again I ask, how the fuck does anyone do business in America?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.