Why the secrecy and lack of communication?

edited September 2018 in The Walking Dead

We haven't really gotten an official statement since the first one announcing the closure. All we have to go on is the insight of people who were fired. Nothing on the final season at all as if we aren't here asking 300,000 times a day. Would it kill someone to hop on the tell tale official twitter and keep us updated? Even if they don't know yet they could tell us that too. It'd be better to hear from the source with consistent news about the fate of things.

The second episode is less then a day away from release and nobody has even confirmed if that will come out let alone the 3 and 4 episodes. Someone somewhere at TT should know what their plan is by now for that episode and tell us or at least share what is going on at the HQ?

Idk... :( Maybe i'm just cranky because of the news. I know it must be very hard on their staff. I haven't stopped crying since. I guess in the grieving process anger comes somewhere. I'm all the way indenial. I've been very grumpy. I guess i'm just having distain because i'm having trouble just facing it.

It's been a hell of a ride everyone. :'(

Thank you so much to all the telltale employees who worked so hard on all of our cherished memories throughout the years. The series has shaped me as a person more than I can ever convey. It taught me many things about life. About caring, love and how the light can shine through the darkest of situations. I will use what the game has taught me for the rest of my life. I will never forget the story.

Comments

• I think Pete Hawley is trying to find the right words to write a statement...I wouldn’t wanna be in his shoes right now

• My best guess is that they're still trying to accommodate given the circumstances and figure out the best course of action. Chances are they THEMSELVES don't know what's gonna happen yet.

• edited September 2018

I refuse to believe they will CANCEL the last 2 episodes.
    Maybe they will just delay them indefinitely trying to figure out what to do.

• Most likely there’s no one around to moderate the Twitter feed properly, but the best solution as others have said is that Telltale are looking at all the viable options for them before giving a response. Pete has confirmed that they will give a statement in the near future, guess we just have to be patient.

• Well Sony says there still under contract to fill the season pass and if it's not then refunds will be given because of the developer not upholding there end. So at the very least they might be trying to get episode 3 and 4 able to go out just for that alone. But still things are iffy IMO.

At the very least I would like if Telltale would give out the script for episode 3 and 4 in a comic or something just to bring things to a close.

• "We are under contract to sell a fraudulent product with half the content missing." -Sony

Krave5296 posted: »

Well Sony says there still under contract to fill the season pass and if it's not then refunds will be given because of the developer not up

• It's a weekand, what did you expect? They are people as well with off-work days.

• Maybe telltale have no idea about the future of episode 3 and 4 if I was pete hawely I would delay the final 2 episodes untill a solution is found

• The psychopath's that are to blame for Telltale's downfall are not people at all, they are the equivalent of garbage in human form, these people have zero empathy, you have to be a special kind of fucked up to fire 250 people out of nowhere without any pay for all the overtime they put in, they deserve nothing less than death.

Tewudin posted: »

It's a weekand, what did you expect? They are people as well with off-work days.

• I guess psychopaths are drawn to others of their kind, It seems.

Jayroen posted: »

The psychopath's that are to blame for Telltale's downfall are not people at all, they are the equivalent of garbage in human form, these pe

• You're adorable.

I guess psychopaths are drawn to others of their kind, It seems.

• I, for one, am SHOCKED by Telltale's lack of communication. They're usually so good with that.

• they are the equivalent of garbage in human form

Idk why but I laughed at this

• They fired them on a Friday and nothing happens on a weekend. We'll hear this week at some point.

• Or maybe the next one. Don't forget, Pete stated that "further news regarding our portfolio in the coming weeks" so we might wait for something a bit longer than we would like to believe. Just saying. Hopefully they will make some confirmations this week but I wouldn't hold my breath.

They fired them on a Friday and nothing happens on a weekend. We'll hear this week at some point.

• They'd probably need to say something concerning TFS by tomorrow when episode 2 comes out. If they let oblivious people keep buying a potentially cancelled season it'll only make it worse for them. I'm sure we'll hear about the rest later on.

Or maybe the next one. Don't forget, Pete stated that "further news regarding our portfolio in the coming weeks" so we might wait for someth

• That makes sense. Let's hope they will say something by then. Personally, I don't hold much hope but its better to know whether its cancelled or not. If it is, then at least we can stop hoping and get over it.

They'd probably need to say something concerning TFS by tomorrow when episode 2 comes out. If they let oblivious people keep buying a potentially cancelled season it'll only make it worse for them. I'm sure we'll hear about the rest later on.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.