The River

There are 2 achievements for the remaining episodes that reference the water. In episode 3, the 2nd Act is reffered to as “Shoreline”. For the 4th episode, the 1st achievement is “Red Water”.
On the map that Marlon gave us from Episode 1, there is a HUGE river practically beside the Boarding School.
My best guess is that we are following Lilly along that river to get the other kids. James told us the War is between Lilly’s entire community and another one “In the North”.
A direction may not be the most detailed clue, but it’s safe to asume that it is a considerable distance away. This is helped by the fact that James left the Whisperers, who were next to Washington DC, also the home of Rick and co.
For someone just wandering around, James knows a lot about this war and the practices of at least one side.
Sophie and Minnie were taken a year ago, indicating this engagement has been going on for at least a year. Conflicts can only be drawn out based on manpower; if even just 1 person died per day, this war must have already seen hundreds of casualities, if not thousands. This is a war on a much larger scale than we’ve ever seen before in the Walking Dead universe. Hype.

With that out of the way, I believe this river is the Potomac River.

Why is this important to know? Because..it leads right to where New Alexandria is. I think Lily’s group is at war with Rick and the combined strength of New Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom, and the Sanctuary. There is enough people across here to sustain such a long conflict.

Comments

• This river is highlighted in the title animations for Episodes 3 and 4 as well. Clementine might die out there.

• I've heard some people say they're in West Virginia, and Ohio is north of the state. I'm thinking that they could be in conflict with The Commonwealth.

• I've heard this theory before, it could be true but I wouldn't worry too much. Since there are most likely going to be multiple endings, it doesn't matter where she dies as long as we can prevent it in another ending.

• I’ve heard of that too but no matter how many times I replay Done Running I can’t find indicators that we are in West Virginia. I’m starting to believe it’s theCommonwealth as well, and since the New World Order storyline is still being made, whose to say thatRick won’t eventually take over, or Michonne for that matter since her presence there is already being made.

I've heard some people say they're in West Virginia, and Ohio is north of the state. I'm thinking that they could be in conflict with The Commonwealth.

• It could just be wishful thinking though since this season is several years after where the comics currently are. Though being a huge fan of the comic series I'm still going to hope it's The Commonwealth.

I’ve heard of that too but no matter how many times I replay Done Running I can’t find indicators that we are in West Virginia. I’m starting

• When you said Shoreline, I was thinking of Uncharted 4.

• edited September 2018

There´s a place called Deltaville in Virginia. I have a feeling that´s where Lilly´s at.
    And they have boats, lots of boats.

That's got to piss off Lilly, ending up in a boat, on the coast, like Kenny planned. :P

• Lilly was already long gone before Kenny came up with his boat plan. She was left or stole the RV and abandoned the group not too far from Macon. Kenny didn't really come up with his 'get a boat and live on the water' plan until they got to Savannah. At least, that's how I remember it.

Onmens posted: »

There´s a place called Deltaville in Virginia. I have a feeling that´s where Lilly´s at. And they have boats, lots of boats. That's got to piss off Lilly, ending up in a boat, on the coast, like Kenny planned. :P

• In episode two Kenny was already talking about going to the coast, so I'm pretty sure Lilly knew about his plans.

Lilly was already long gone before Kenny came up with his boat plan. She was left or stole the RV and abandoned the group not too far from M

• Delta sounds way better than Deltaville, which sounds like a nice suburban neighborhood. With all these boats, their could be some naval warfare between the 2 groups.

There´s a place called Deltaville in Virginia. I have a feeling that´s where Lilly´s at. And they have boats, lots of boats. That's got to piss off Lilly, ending up in a boat, on the coast, like Kenny planned. :P

• Screw naval warfare, I want to see pirates vs ninjas. :)

Delta sounds way better than Deltaville, which sounds like a nice suburban neighborhood. With all these boats, their could be some naval warfare between the 2 groups.

• It’s a good thing Louis and Clementine are ninjas, albeit the last one’s on earth

Screw naval warfare, I want to see pirates vs ninjas.

• Wasn't It different in Michonne though? Didn't the place have bodies of water ?

Delta sounds way better than Deltaville, which sounds like a nice suburban neighborhood. With all these boats, their could be some naval warfare between the 2 groups.

• Yeah and people used them as transports/assault weapons.

• I don’t think they would be at war with Ricks settlement because it seems like this war has been going on for a long time and while yes TFS is ahead of the comics it isn’t that far ahead so we would’ve heard about this war in the comics right now. I also don’t think it’s the commonwealth because I feel like they would again have at the very least mentioned some sort of war in the comics when Michonne is staying there.

• This River theory got me thinking of other things, like where is the other community that is in war.

• Dat moment when you realize Lily probably took Kenny's kinda crappy survival plan and managed to get it to work.

• TFS is a few years ahead of the comics, so although the war has been going on for some time, it still hasn’t come close to be started in the comics.
    Lilly and her group aren’t as well equipped as the Commonwealth’s soldiers so that could explain their need for child soldiers, a quantity over quality maneouver. Just an idea.

I don’t think they would be at war with Ricks settlement because it seems like this war has been going on for a long time and while yes TFS

• edited September 2018

Someone on here talked about references to a poem, can't remember now. 'Ruby lips' is all I remember but that person did a thorough-enough comment on how TFS' baseline later story would play out similiar to this.
    A lot of TFS' baseline story is inspired, which is kinda dissapointing I'll admit. First Peter Pan, and now this.

• You mean the song Louis was singing in Done Running?

Ghetsis posted: »

Someone on here talked about references to a poem, can't remember now. 'Ruby lips' is all I remember but that person did a thorough-enough c

• A lot of TFS' baseline story is inspired

Isn't that generally a positive thing?

Someone on here talked about references to a poem, can't remember now. 'Ruby lips' is all I remember but that person did a thorough-enough c

• Welp. That's probably it.

You mean the song Louis was singing in Done Running?

• I guess.. yeah, but then you start to realise that TFS never was a masterpiece with an original story.

DabigRG posted: »

A lot of TFS' baseline story is inspired Isn't that generally a positive thing?

• Eh.

I guess.. yeah, but then you start to realise that TFS never was a masterpiece with an original story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.