The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• would it be morally acceptable to get a refund from telltale since they're bankrupt anyway then start like a crowdfunded thing for people to give what they would've spent on the game and instead have it like directly given to the people who worked on the game instead of to a dead company

• ­­­

sarahsenpai posted: »

thats what she said. ?

• The drug problem is getting outta hand where I'm from. People are dying and overdosing left and right, and I'm afraid friends I grew up with that I had to cut ties with are not going to make it much longer. We need to come up with a solution; putting them in jail and rehab doesn't work.

• Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing day! And enjoy Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 :smile:

Finally turned 17 today and I finally got Spiderman PS4

• Thank you very much and I have been enjoying it a lot! I hope you have an amazing day! :smile:

Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing day! And enjoy Spider-Man on PlayStation 4

• me after never buying GOTG snagging a steam key off mostlypoptarts twitter so I can experience the horror or possibly never actually play it and just have it sit in my steam library

• I don't think there's anything you can do. You already severed any bonds you had with them, so it's not like you can just pop back up and try to help them and expect them to take it. If I were you, I'd just try to prevent the people I had left from doing any serious drugs.

Ruger_556 posted: »

The drug problem is getting outta hand where I'm from. People are dying and overdosing left and right, and I'm afraid friends I grew up with

• "You could have a flamethrower, an army of robot ninjas, and a motherfucking dragon on a leash in there, and I'd still kick your ass." - God

• I tried to be there for them; hang out and what not but when they wanted money or rides to places I just can't do it. I didn't want to be there enabler, and I think that's why they quit talking to me. If I help them, and something was to happen god forbid it would be my fault.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I don't think there's anything you can do. You already severed any bonds you had with them, so it's not like you can just pop back up and tr

• Are they teens/young adults that you're close with? Have you tried speaking with their parents/siblings about it?

I tried to be there for them; hang out and what not but when they wanted money or rides to places I just can't do it. I didn't want to be th

• Give the gift of Narcan?

Otherwise, unless they want to kick the habit and are really willing to work at it, there's nothing you can do for them.

I tried to be there for them; hang out and what not but when they wanted money or rides to places I just can't do it. I didn't want to be th

• edited September 2018

Dude you should play it.

Choices are numerous and they all pay off in some way or another (though never usually in a very large way). But the dedication to small choices and details is really great.

Edit: and would you really want to betray mostlypoptarts like that? Get a steam code from her and then never use it?

Poogers555 posted: »

me after never buying GOTG snagging a steam key off mostlypoptarts twitter so I can experience the horror or possibly never actually play it and just have it sit in my steam library

• I misread kick for lick. The latter works just as well ?

"You could have a flamethrower, an army of robot ninjas, and a motherfucking dragon on a leash in there, and I'd still kick your ass." - God

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........Hold up, let me try and process some of that

would it be morally acceptable to get a refund from telltale since they're bankrupt anyway then start like a crowdfunded thing for people to

• edited September 2018

I'm as upset as everyone else about the current situation but this is hilarious.

• Does here play the guitar that wouldn't mind playin' a song?

• so they stopped talking to you because you didn't give them money and rides? or you stopped talking to them because they use drugs?

• i get that a lot. i'm impossible to understand sometimes.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........Hold up, let me try and process some of that

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

If anyone here has ever been to New York, you've GOTTA order the Hennessy burger from Dallas BBQ's. I've lied many times in my life, but I can honestly say that this is the best burger I've ever had. If I could eat this shit everyday for the rest of my life, I would. It's definitely worth getting fat over. Everytime I go there and we stop at BBQs, I always get it. It's really addictive. I always want to try the other foods on the menu, but it's too fucking good to not get. You know the "What would you do for a klondike bar?" slogan Klondike has? If you replaced "klondike bar" with hennessy burger, I'd do anything for it. ANYTHING. That's how good it is. Hell, I wrote a whole paragraph over a burger. a fucking burger, came back, and added this last bit, just to add emphasis on how good it is. :D :D

• I'm just not gonna enable them; if they still want to hang out or just talk that's fine. I've done all I can; if they don't like that I don't help them on their path of self destruction I'm sorry. Putting them in prison and treating them as outcasts is part of the problem.

so they stopped talking to you because you didn't give them money and rides? or you stopped talking to them because they use drugs?

• Well we're around the same age early 20's and the parents are in the same boat which won't be much help. I just don't know anymore. The shape this country is in Is the problem; not to get political but i don't think this country is ever gonna be great on the path we're heading.

Are they teens/young adults that you're close with? Have you tried speaking with their parents/siblings about it?

• we're around the same age early 20's and the parents are in the same boat which won't be much help.

That being said, there's not much hope for them. Perhaps you should just cut them off completely, although you might not have it in you to do that.

The shape this country is in Is the problem; not to get political but i don't think this country is ever gonna be great on the path we're heading

This country was never great, nor will it ever be great. That's why you to Canada.

Well we're around the same age early 20's and the parents are in the same boat which won't be much help. I just don't know anymore. The shap

• Kinda can/can't wait for this game to come out. I still haven't finished the first one.

• Yeah you're right. I know Life sucks it's why they turn to feeling numb all the time. It's a complicated subject with no real solution aside from making life perfect for them which is impossible.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Give the gift of Narcan? Otherwise, unless they want to kick the habit and are really willing to work at it, there's nothing you can do for them.

• edited September 2018

Y'know, they're really fortunate to have someone that cares about them and wants to see them become better people; it's sad that their addiction obscures their ability to see that or put value in it. You've done your part, but unfortunately, they refuse to put in their effort to make improvements; at the end of the day, you can't help someone who won't help themselves.

It's painful to watch people you care about destroy themselves, but you have to also look after yourself. Stepping back with the idea that you'll be there for them in the hopes that they eventually come to the realization that they want to improve themselves may offer some comfort.

Yeah you're right. I know Life sucks it's why they turn to feeling numb all the time. It's a complicated subject with no real solution aside from making life perfect for them which is impossible.

• Trying to decide if that's potentially some good or just disgusting.

If anyone here has ever been to New York, you've GOTTA order the Hennessy burger from Dallas BBQ's. I've lied many times in my life, but I c

• I just joined the Telltale forums today and I feel kind of weird about it because I’ve never participated in these types of things.

• Well, uh, welcome. For however Telltale lasts, there's plenty to read...get to it!

We're all chill here. Usually.

I just joined the Telltale forums today and I feel kind of weird about it because I’ve never participated in these types of things.

• Thank you, I honestly should’ve joined the forums awhile back, but hey, it’s better to join something and experience it rather than doing nothing.

Well, uh, welcome. For however Telltale lasts, there's plenty to read...get to it! We're all chill here. Usually.

• I really feel like this Telltale shutdown (and possible subsequent shutdown of TWD) is the reason as to why I haven't yet played S4E2. I was so hyped 2 weeks ago.

The trailer came out, and I was ecstatic.

Then the news came.

I've had plenty of 2-hour blocks this weekend to touch the latest episode... but I guess I just don't want it to end yet.
    Ugh, it's just plain weird. I want to touch it but... I feel no need to.

• Where did all these moth memes come from?

• When you have classes tomorrow but stay up talking to nobody on a forum. Should I just drop out and sell hotdogs?

• Feeling is so incredibly important. But when they are overwhelmed with a negative feeling, I guess its easier to feel nothing at all.

I know people who do things to numb themselves from pain, it's an awful thing to do and be around. It makes you want to help them so bad, but you can't.

And if their life improves, who's to say they'll feel better about it? Every situation can be completely different from one person to another. Its all about perspective. Maybe you'd do fine in their shoes, but its just too much for them.

A negative mindset is maybe the most dangerous thing a person can have. Because theres always negatives to life, always something your mind can focus on and blow way out of proportion.

If you're in a mindset like this, then you need to stop giving a fuck.

Seriously.

Decide what's worth worrying about and what's not. Worry about what you can work towards fixing, everything out of your control, fuck it. Who cares? Its gonna happen. Let other people do their things, stop giving a fuck. Because if you do give a fuck about something you can't control it will always eat away at you and the damage that does to your mind isn't worth it.

I'm like Eminem. Sure, I have my Haylies, the few things in life I love. But everything else? I just dont give a fuck.

Yeah you're right. I know Life sucks it's why they turn to feeling numb all the time. It's a complicated subject with no real solution aside from making life perfect for them which is impossible.

• Yeah i try to not give a damn but it's always in the back of my mind. My moms side of the family are all worry warts. Not that it's a bad thing; they just go a little overboard with worrying.

I usually have to keep things I do a secret. They know I drive fast cars and ride dirtbikes but I don't think they know how much of an adrenaline junky I really am lol.

We all have something we do to escape our problems in life; some just a little more self destructive than others. I'm getting better at not giving a fuck about shit that I can't fix.

Acheive250 posted: »

Feeling is so incredibly important. But when they are overwhelmed with a negative feeling, I guess its easier to feel nothing at all. I k

• It took me DAYS to build, but I’ve finally got it right. I’ve finally built..the SPACE GOOSE!!! Never mind the fact it resembles a swan more than a goose. Space goose sounds better than space swan. Now, this star bird will fly off into the vacuum of space, and become a celestial body whose glow shall radiate across the galaxy, lighting the darkness!

• that's not the only reason people do drugs tho. irregardless you shouldn't feel responsible for what other people do. even if you think they have bad habits or whatever. like you can od on tylenol but no one holds a convention about someone taking those kinda pills. its good that you don't shut them out and you aren't obligated to give them money or anything and if they stop talking to you for not giving them money then they're dicks anyway.

• depends on what you mean by "selling hotdogs"

When you have classes tomorrow but stay up talking to nobody on a forum. Should I just drop out and sell hotdogs?

• What other meaning could there be to “selling hotdogs”??

depends on what you mean by "selling hotdogs"

• Dang, now I want to see what happens when you try to launch that without cheats on. :joy:

Also, a striking resemblance...

It took me DAYS to build, but I’ve finally got it right. I’ve finally built..the SPACE GOOSE!!! Never mind the fact it resembles a swan more

• You're so innocent. Its cute.

Preserve that, because once it's gone, there's no going back.

What other meaning could there be to “selling hotdogs”??

Sign in to comment in this discussion.