Moral Dilhema in Episode 3. (Torture Abel Or Show Him Kindness?) Be prepared.

edited October 2018 in The Walking Dead

I am as much in the dark about episode 3 as everyone else is but if it's anything I can almost confirm and guarantee in my opinion is that their will be a HUGE moral decision in this episode that will effect the story very critically and shape both AJ and Clem as human beings. It will put your being a Mom and role model to AJ to the test to very high extremes. It's going to test what the rest of the seasons have thought you. What Lee thought you and weather or not you have carried many teachings throughout. Let's make Lee and the Boat god proud :)

And that is, do you and the school kids elect to torture Abel for information? Kick his ribs? Burn him with fire? Or will you reason with him. Offer him food and ask for his motives in a kind way regardless of the piece of shit he is. Showing him that you aren't like them. Maybe even have Ruby fix his broken leg if he gives info or use food as a offer.

I know this decision is going to arise based off the final cut away of episode 2 alone. The school kids swarming in, all looking hella mad. Clem being the shot caller she will have ultimate say i'd imagine.

But also looking back through Telltale history. It's a easy way to guilt trip a player later on for going with quick witted easy decisions like beating someone up because you are mad. But it will reward those who were kind and thought. It has done this with Arvo if you steal his shit, Does this with Kenny if you beat him up on the train in S1, Does this with Kenny if you choose to stop him from beating up Arvo, does this with Ben if you elect to save him you get that cool quote he gives Clem. All the way down to leaving Lilly on the side of the road 6 years ago. It all plays into now. Even the whole season of season 1 pretty much was influenced by the minor decision to steal from the Stranger's car. It's all so much deeper then just Abel.

I imagine if you are nice to him, you get a cooler ending or something. Maybe he has a change of heart and is in a posistion to save you and does. Maybe Jesus was watching the whole time and is proud of the person you become. Maybe AJ learns kindness. Just wanted to forewarn everyone so we can prepare for this tough choice. Not sure if anyone agrees. But I've seen TT do this quite a few times.

Comments

• And you have this confirmation how?

I really doubt Abel will matter much in affecting the direction of the plot.

• Do you really think their going to walk up to Abel and give him a cup of tea and forget about him and he won't have matter in affecting the plot? He's literally the only person with insight to the Raider Camp. He's going to play a huge role.

And you have this confirmation how? I really doubt Abel will matter much in affecting the direction of the plot.

• well i agree you could show mercy or torture him but abels gonna die no matter what cause its like carver troy badger and randall theyre all villains who abuse anyone including kids and in each season theres a very bad person who has to die no matter what s1 danny st john s2 carver s3 badger michonne randall and now s4 abel

• He probably will die no matter what but I do think the decision to torture him or be nice will play some part in either making you feel like shit later like "You didn't listen to Lee" because TT is good at this. "Abel will rememebr that" then he won't let you live it down. Or maybe even the dreaded. "Your choices shape AJ" "You taught AJ to ruthlessly abuse people" It just has so many ways of going bad.

well i agree you could show mercy or torture him but abels gonna die no matter what cause its like carver troy badger and randall theyre all

• Torture him or straight up kill him just for touching Clem

• I imagine if you are nice to him, you get a cooler ending or something. Maybe he has a change of heart and is in a posistion to save you and does. Maybe Jesus was watching the whole time and is proud of the person you become. Maybe AJ learns kindness. Just wanted to forewarn everyone so we can prepare for this tough choice. Not sure if anyone agrees. But I've seen TT do this quite a few times.

:D :D :D this isn't Detroit Become Human, silly!

• I assume we'll be given the choice to end him, mirroring what AJ did to Marlon. Killing an unarmed person and all that, so I'll probably spare him just for consistency but I will torture his ass.

• Well there is a trophy called did no harm or did all to could and I assume that's where you can decide to torture or no torture able

• I didn't torture and killed Randall who was a lot worse than Abel, this guy already suffered enough.

• The guy shot AJ and tried to kill Clem. I'm torturing the fuck out of him.

• It'd be interesting if Abel lived and based on your choices and interaction with him, he can switch sides or rejoin Delta.

• edited October 2018

Everyone is gonna torture him for touching Clem/AJ/the other kids. I don't even have any grudge against Abel. At this point, it's a game. How much can he take? If I have the option to torture him, I'm taking it, just to see how much more this guy can endure. It's just entertaining to see him get done dirty at this point, lol.

Edit: I was laughing hard when he broke his leg, but I started crying when Rosie bit into his arm. Shit was hilarious.

• Damn, you're fucking hardcore fam lol.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Everyone is gonna torture him for touching Clem/AJ/the other kids. I don't even have any grudge against Abel. At this point, it's a game. Ho

• I had this crazy theory between E1 and E2 that Abel would turn out to be immune to the effects of a Walker bite. Seems he’s actually just there as a human piñata...

• I've never seen a character go through that much in a Telltale game other than Woody (which was funny) and Joker (which was hard to watch honestly). It's like a running gag at this point. I kinda respect him too honestly :D . He's tough and persistent as hell.

ZombieKenny posted: »

Damn, you're fucking hardcore fam lol.

• I'm gonna torture him and then let AJ do what he did to Marlon.

• edited October 2018

Whatever approach seems best in the moment to get him talking. Maybe we can use the fact that the Delta left him behind to our advantage. Maybe only torture will work. Either way no point in letting him live past that.

• I'll go full Bigby Wolf on him.

• I hope letting AJ have dibs in EP 2 actually has an affect in episode 3 and he gets to kill to Abel.

I was disappointed that giving him permission to kill Abel didn't change anything at all.

I'm gonna torture him and then let AJ do what he did to Marlon.

• My Clem let him take food...he payed her back by shooting her son. What happens next is up to him...I would hope, for his sake, he appreciates the situation he is in.

• edited October 2018

He's definitely not going to be willing to get interrogated by kids, which is why we will be forced to injure him. So I don't think we'll really have a choice anyway. And it's a matter of saving Violet/Louis.

• Torture. He's a fucking slaver. You do what you have to to save the innocent from the guilty.

• Kind of expecting it to be an “I’ll take you there if you let me live” dealios...

• For me, I'd chose the 'Gain Abel's trust' option. Come on, what's the point of interrogating him and keeping him as a prisoner? so we get the infos about the Delta's whereabouts and then what? launch an attack? lol
    I don't think it's gonna be like that, he might even give us false infos leading to a trap or somewhere else, so what I suggest is befriending Abel, he is the technically the key for getting the kidnapped kids back.. we need him to work with us, guide us.. or maybe even give us some advises from which spot to sneak into their base, or even get some details on their duties? you can be sneaking into their base and boom patrols or lookouts out there and then get busted. So we need him 100% on our side and give us everything we want, and actually make him come with us when we decide to go for the rescue mission

So, in other words; how would you like to have redeemable villain for once? never seen that before huh? it'd be cool and i have said it before we could use an adult in our "main good characters are all kids" group.

• AJ called dibs, so if we let him live, whose to say he won’t kill Abel anyway? He already killed Marlon and he didn’t even hate the guy. I don’t think it’s up to clementine anymore to teach him whether or not to kill. Besides, he’s dead anyway, we won’t spare Abel.
    Thedecision will at most come down to letting him get eaten by walkers or just kill him ourselves.
    I know you’re talking about torture and not killing, but if you look at his face at the end of Suffer, he’s clearly scared shitless. His leg is broken and he got mauled by a dog, I think he’ll cooperate knowing that Lilly can handle Clem.

• I like the idea, but I REEEEEAAAAAAALLY don't think Abel is the sort of guy who'd change his ways. Also he's banged up beyond repair, I could only ever see him getting killed or dying from his wounds.

Hersani posted: »

For me, I'd chose the 'Gain Abel's trust' option. Come on, what's the point of interrogating him and keeping him as a prisoner? so we get th

• I don't know the levels of goriness AJ witnessed since he was born but I speculate he will be affected greatly by how we approach abel that's the only thing I can think of that affects the story...maybe if we were violent af AJ will do the same but mistaken just like he did with Marlon.

• If that's true, I wonder how they're going to get him all the way to Delta with his broken leg.
    They better have a wagon, cuz I ain't carrying him!

Rankles75 posted: »

Kind of expecting it to be an “I’ll take you there if you let me live” dealios...

• I like your idea, but I don't think that he will take us up on that. We literally costed him an arm and a leg, While Lilly gave him a home and a purpose. You gotta be some master-level psychiatrist in order to get him to want to be friends with you or had to have lost his marbles hitting his head from the balcony. Family members maybe?

Hersani posted: »

For me, I'd chose the 'Gain Abel's trust' option. Come on, what's the point of interrogating him and keeping him as a prisoner? so we get th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.