What will be Louis’ conflict in Ep3/Ep4

Minnie was Violet’s girlfriend, and depending on your choices, now Clem is Violet’s new girlfriend. Minnie is always being mentioned and referenced throughout Ep1 and Ep2, so this is all a set up for her return. This is a lot of intrigue and potentially an important point in the narrative, but the thing is, this is in association with Violets character and relationship...what about Louis? If he is the other romance option, what will be the strain in clems relationship with him? James?

Comments

• That's an interesting point. I think it's possible that there won't be as much conflict in the following episodes with him, seeing as he already full-fledged denounced Clementine and AJ in Episode 2 after AJ made an oopsie with Marlon. He already had his redemption arc and spent some time doubting Clem, so writers might risk making him unlikeable for some people if he has another crisis like that. My guess is that a determinant source of tension would be picking Violet over him during the raider fight, and otherwise he'll be pretty supportive.

• edited October 2018

I think we've already got through Louis' and Clem's strain in their relationship/friendship. With everything about the Marlon situation, placing the blame on AJ and Clem and having to work through a lot of guilt because he felt if he actually stepped up and helped Marlon when he was alive he could've done something which would've prevented The Twins being traded off.

• edited October 2018

Exactly. I think that the conflict between Minerva and Violet is gonna make it "even" with the strain telltale already put us with Louis relationship, but not with Violet.
    And also OP mentioned James, but I'm convinced that he doesn't really care.

lottii-lu posted: »

I think we've already got through Louis' and Clem's strain in their relationship/friendship. With everything about the Marlon situation, pla

• One of the writer's had this to say about a scene and a character in Episode 3 in a newsletter. No names are mentioned and the heavy details of the conflict aren't relayed to us either, but Louis is one of the very very few names that I believe could be the topic of discussion here. In terms of conflict, this could be his going into next episode.

In terms of romantic conflict. I don't really see it going far with James, despite the hype. I can see Louis being a little jealous, mainly cause he appears kind of salty about him in Truth or Dare, but I don't see that conflict going deeper than the potential Clem/Violet/Minnie squabble.

• No, that sounds more like Minnie or a new character.
    With Violet gone, if James reappeares and joins clem’s group in search of their friends, there is the potential for Louis to really be unnerved and distrustful with that guy. Louis and James are opposite in almost all aspects, and would mirror how minnie/violet may recieve clementine.

Sarunas21 posted: »

One of the writer's had this to say about a scene and a character in Episode 3 in a newsletter. No names are mentioned and the heavy details

• Don't know about new characters. To me, it sounds more like an existing character in the way the scene is described, but we'll have to see. Could definitely be Minnie, but the list isn't long.

Makes sense. Though I really, really hope we don't go that way with Louis. I mean they can, but I don't want them to double down on the pettiness and make him unlikable, especially when he knows there are bigger things to worry about. They've written his struggle competently to this point. Now's not the time to force it.

No, that sounds more like Minnie or a new character. With Violet gone, if James reappeares and joins clem’s group in search of their frien

• What I see is Louis feeling a deep sense of guilt over him not being the one to be taken. While they don't always get along, he seems to have a respect for Violet, and seeing her be taken instead of him and dealing with that might be something he goes through next episode. But like you said, for the most part, he'll probably be pretty supportive.

Piggs posted: »

That's an interesting point. I think it's possible that there won't be as much conflict in the following episodes with him, seeing as he alr

• I think it might be Tenn, who depending on certain choices tells us how his face got burnt or something. But honestly I have no real clue, could be James as well. I kinda doubt it being Violet or Louis.

One of the writer's had this to say about a scene and a character in Episode 3 in a newsletter. No names are mentioned and the heavy details

• That reeks of Tenn. And he hasn't explained his scars yet. This will make me cry if they do that. I love Tenn. If he cries and talks about his scars i'm gonna breakdown. :(

• It's possible that it's Louis that they're talking about, as he's the one who during the card game brought up losing someone Clementine cared about and she can talk about Lee.

• The most likely for me are Louis and Tenn. Tenn for obvious reasons, but Louis as well because something tells me he still has something to uncover, pertaining to the whole gun situation. Questioned AJ's need for one, asked Clem if she killed someone she loved, trembled when taking the gun from AJ. Could end up amounting to nothing, but it's possible.

I think it might be Tenn, who depending on certain choices tells us how his face got burnt or something. But honestly I have no real clue, could be James as well. I kinda doubt it being Violet or Louis.

• Definitely crying for the little guy if they do that. He deserves more than that world has given him. They all do.

ZombieKenny posted: »

That reeks of Tenn. And he hasn't explained his scars yet. This will make me cry if they do that. I love Tenn. If he cries and talks about his scars i'm gonna breakdown.

• He had to kill someone he loved.

• I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something about The Ranch. So it's either Clem or AJ.

• The ranch wasn't even on my mind to be honest cause personally, I don't really care to know what happened there, knowing that they came out of it alive and are arguably happier more recently than that time. But it also said "What made this scene particularly special was knowing that not every player would see it. Only the ones who have earned this person's trust."

That's primarily what discarded the ranch from my mind was the idea that it seemed like something they'd tell us regardless. Not something that ends up being a determinant dialogue choice. What was said here, is that not every player would see it. Only the ones who have earned someone's trust. It sounds more like someone about to confide in Clem. Not vice versa, though I could be wrong.

MaikelRRR posted: »

I'm pretty sure that it's going to be something about The Ranch. So it's either Clem or AJ.

• edited October 2018

When I hear about the ranch, I’m reminded of the javier flashacks that led up to davids return. If there is any play here that is to be ripped out from ANF, it might be this.
    Someone from the ranch reappearing in Ep3 or Ep4?
    I’m not saying this has anything to do with a character opening up to us based on trust, this is just within the ranch subplot.

The ranch wasn't even on my mind to be honest cause personally, I don't really care to know what happened there, knowing that they came out

• Speaking of the ANF flashbacks, the only one I liked was the one with the dad in From The Gallows. There was a lot of truth to be taken out of that flashback and one of the best scenes. It's just too bad it was bogged down by heavy amounts of inconsistent storytelling to really stick.

And on the ranch, hopefully, it's done well. It won't ruin anything for me if it's not, but still. They've made it very, very cryptic up to this point, but as I said, I'm not hooked on their past, because at the moment, it doesn't feel like it adds anything to the narrative other than to fill in the gap between the seasons.

When I hear about the ranch, I’m reminded of the javier flashacks that led up to davids return. If there is any play here that is to be ripp

• Maybe Louis could have an arc with him stepping up and leading the school group if you saved him in episode 2.

• I think if anything it's really pushing for Clem to be leader. Louis/Violet might be her second in command though.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

Maybe Louis could have an arc with him stepping up and leading the school group if you saved him in episode 2.

• I don't see much more for Louis as far as conflict and character arcs are concerned. His character arc, development and relationship were thoroughly fleshed out and finished in EP2. It is possible that Louis may not even make it to the season finale with all players depending on choices.

• It'd have to be a minor choice with little consequence since its a determinant option.

Although it would seem out of character for Louis to take up as leader especially since he had no interest of doing so when things were stationary and calm.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

Maybe Louis could have an arc with him stepping up and leading the school group if you saved him in episode 2.

• It wouldn't make sense for Clementine to become the leader given all that's happen and how it would make more sense for Violet or Louis to lead the school.

Personally, I think Violet is the best option to lead the boarding school.

lottii-lu posted: »

I think if anything it's really pushing for Clem to be leader. Louis/Violet might be her second in command though.

• Yeah but if you look at the achievements for episode 3 there's one called leader for act 3 and it feels like it's referring to Clem there - like unless you can choose to step up so Violet/Louis do it instead. However yeah I also think Violet is a better fit.

Chibikid posted: »

It wouldn't make sense for Clementine to become the leader given all that's happen and how it would make more sense for Violet or Louis to lead the school. Personally, I think Violet is the best option to lead the boarding school.

• Honestly, unless you took the seemingly better route of having Violet get captured, I kinda doubt this episode will really put much emphasis on Louis.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.