If Clem got bit instead of Lee, how would the series go?

How would Lee react? How would season 2 and 3 go?

Comments

• I've always wondered that myself, I think it would've made an even more emotional ending and long term effect on Lee having to either shoot Clementine or letting her reanimate.

I would assume that season 2 would be quite different with Lee possibly reuniting with Christa and Omid setting out together. Or he could have run into Kenny when he was trying to escape.

We wouldn't have gotten ANF if Lee remained the protagonist and I'm not sure what would've happened beyond that.

• edited October 2018

Are you cereal? If Clem got bitten, the entire season 1 would fall apart. She was Lee’s redemption. The story is about how a convicted killer redeems himself by taking care of a little girl and teaching her how to survive in zombie Apocalypse. The entire game revolves around that. If Lee fails to protect Clem, we fail. And the game would become meaningless. Lee would be left alone with no one to protect. How should the story continue from that?

• While you are 100% correct, it was just a speculation. Made up scenario for fun.

Are you cereal? If Clem got bitten, the entire season 1 would fall apart. She was Lee’s redemption. The story is about how a convicted kille

• Exactly, i understand it is a dumb question, i was just curious from a story point of view

While you are 100% correct, it was just a speculation. Made up scenario for fun.

• If you saved Ben, then Lee would've most likely sacrificed himself for Ben in the alleyway.

• Lee would be broken; Clem was the only thing that made the ZA worth living through for him. He had nothing else left by episode 4 even before he got bit; his relationship with everyone else was either rocky or distant at that point.

Anyways it depends on where and how she got bit. Omid would probably still be alive at the time of his actual death tho.

• edited October 2018

While I believe it would have ruined the story of Season One, I've often wondered that myself. It started when I saw a piece of extremely moving fan art of Lee in pieces carrying Clementine's dead body. I haven't found it anywhere, but then it got me thinking what the rest of the series would be like. Like I said, season One would be ruined, but I actually think the following seasons might have been improved.

What I think would be really cool though, is if it had been determinant whether Lee or Clem died. Of course that could never happen, as it would change too much, but then the player could only blame themselves for letting Clem die, not Telltale.

• Lee's only depth outside of protecting Clem would be his romancing elements and his criminal past might come to haunt him. I'm sure they would have touched on that much more. I'm sure he would have reuinited with Kenny to form a group and eventually maybe find romance in a later season same way Clem has now. I'm not sure with who as noone seems a fit for him romantically except Carly who got done in by that bitch Lilly.

• Would Lee, could Lee, carry on with such a burden? He found the body of his parents and brother. He'd already lost his wife, and is a convicted murderer because of his own choices. The people he'd bonded with either died or had someone they loved die. The last thing he held onto was protecting Clementine.

Would he turn the next bullet on himself, or would he actually go out there possibly to find Christa, Omid, or Kenny? I'd like to think he was strong enough to do what needed to be done for her and walk away, but I'm unsure.

• Lee would have gone down a dark path. Granted, Omid would likely not have died so things with him and Christa and their baby would have gone differently, but yeah.

• Become more harden and a top survivalist. I could also see him becoming more of a lone wolf type of person as he wouldn't want the responsibility of looking out for others after what happen to Clem and the others.

• edited October 2018

Ben was already dead, he was impaled with dozens of walkers around him, it would have been impossible to save him.

Anyway Lee would have turned out just like Kenny did in S2 in my opinion.

MinerJas posted: »

If you saved Ben, then Lee would've most likely sacrificed himself for Ben in the alleyway.

• Imagine the dream team of Omid, Christa, Kenny and Lee. They join up with the cabin group and have conflicts at Howe's, and Lee would have to decide how much his bromance with Kenny is worth and if he should confide in Jane instead. Alone works too. At least it would've been realistic, the things Clem did in s2 broke expectations for an 11 year old girl.

• edited October 2018

You die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. This I see becoming true in Lee's case. Underneath the calm gaze of a pragmatic survivor he was deep down a very broken man even prior to the outbreak. He was in an unhappy marriage and he was sentenced to life in prison for murder 1. Clementine was what changed his life around and inspired him to be a better person out of a paternal sense of responsibility. I noticed in Around Every Corner Lee threatens Ben's life twice when he believes him to have left her in danger beyond player control. I think with Clementine, dead, his sole motivation to keep going gone, he would have become a much more brutal and harsher person to the point of not even being recognizable but I doubt he would have lived very long. He'd have either committed suicide, or got himself killed out of recklessness. Much like Kenny but to a much worse extent.

• Lee and Clementine should have had at least two games together. And none of the Carver stuff. They'd start a new group together, Clementine would be more of an equal in #2

• edited October 2018

If Clem got bit, it would be the shortest game in gaming history. So short, the entire thing can be finished in one sentence.

Once upon a time, Lee meet Clementine, and she got bit.
    The End

• edited October 2018

If the other characters in the series can survive as much loss as they have, Lee could do the same. Kenny lost his nearly zombified son and wife within seconds of each other then lost his 2nd sweetheart years later yet he still kept moving forward. Rick has lost more people than Lee ever has in the apocalypse and he kept going forward.

Poptarts posted: »

Would Lee, could Lee, carry on with such a burden? He found the body of his parents and brother. He'd already lost his wife, and is a convic

• I doubt Lee would've turned out like Kenny since Kenny is a relatively unique situation from Lee even if he lost Clementine.

Gauss99 posted: »

Ben was already dead, he was impaled with dozens of walkers around him, it would have been impossible to save him. Anyway Lee would have turned out just like Kenny did in S2 in my opinion.

• my lee would've gone full governor mode. only reason i was being nice and sparing people was to set a good example for clem.

• You can have a one arm Clem.

Chibikid posted: »

I've always wondered that myself, I think it would've made an even more emotional ending and long term effect on Lee having to either shoot

Sign in to comment in this discussion.