What happened to all the cows and chickens? (Animal Dilhema)

edited October 2018 in The Walking Dead

I mean, I know the question might be dumb. And I wonder if they answered it in game already because I don't remember every detail. Please forgive me if they did lol. I hope someone knows what happened. But one thing I noticed is their are over 9 BILLION chickens in America. Billion! Thats more than their are people in the world.

These animals easily reproduce as well. These animals also create eggs which are also edible. They would be fucking gold.

One major problem I notice with the game is that everyone is struggling to find food. So where did all these animals go? What farm has them and why are people looking for boats instead of farms. With the population less then it ever was it seems odd.

Now the St. Johns thing with the cow dying. It makes no sense considering a dairy farm would have hundreds or thousands of cows, they'd actively be mating. And zombies don't lust for cow meat so they'd never get harmed. Where did they all god? Probably to Brenda's thighs lol :D

Their are 100 million cows in America. All of which containing hundreds of pounds of meat, and they produce milk. Milk makes cheese. More food.

My big thing is I get that the veggies would go soiled, walkers would destory them and get guts on them and stuff would wither. Mass confusion would happen causing car crashes over run societies and the such. But those cows would wander. They don't just up and die. They mate and graze in the fields. Would be walking around or would remain at the farms eating grass. They are just very hearty animals.

Not to mention with the millions of stray cats, 86 million total house cats. Where did they all go too? Zombies don't eat them. I just don't get it. They should be abundant. Meowing in every outpost. Begging for the apocalyptic scraps.

It especially confuses me because Zombies don't walk around eating cheeseburgers and nuggets. All the people dying would mean even less cows would be eaten.

Does anyone know the answer?

Comments

• I just wanted t oadd that Robert Kirman was asked why their weren't many animals on the TV show. His answer was because they were difficult to work with on set. That doesn't quite apply to the game though.

• They are dead.

• Well, it’s pretty hard for an animal in the wild to stay alive with walkers everywhere. They feed on anything living: Cows, Chickens, Rabbits, Pigs, Horses, People, etc.

• Not only animals, but stores have seem to disappeared too. I'm sure there must be a few Costco in that area with plenty of food to last for a while, and department stores like Target, JC Penny, Macy's , Walmart, where they can get some new clothing and other products.

• Cows and chickens depend on humans for survival. They are dead as fuck, my friend.

• Chickens have been surviving for over 65 million years, I don't think they need humans to survive.

• edited November 2018

Those stores are most likely empty af right now. People took anything and everything like clothes and especially food once walkers started roaming. Plus, stores like Walmart have probably become a safehouse like the Save Lots store back in S1 with the bandits.

MintBlue92 posted: »

Not only animals, but stores have seem to disappeared too. I'm sure there must be a few Costco in that area with plenty of food to last for

• I'm pretty positive, there has to be one without bandits.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Those stores are most likely empty af right now. People took anything and everything like clothes and especially food once walkers started r

• A lot of the animals starved to death. Unfortunately, the more you dive into the chicken industry the more nightmares you can have about their deplorable conditions. Those in cages had grim fates if not from starvation then from the walkers attempting to pull them through, smashing it, ect.

Like animals in hurricane zones that aren't evacuated, a lot cannot escape their locations. Others would be slaughtered by walkers. The reason walkers would kill them is the same advantage that humans used to both capture and eat them. Humans weren't fast, but had a lot of stamina, thus pursued until the animals could do nothing from exhaustion. Zombies have no such fatigue and in essence kill humans the same way we once killed animals.

There are a few out there. Occasionally they can be found, as with the rabbits while hunting, but where there are far too many walkers you won't find many living things.

• Some may not have Bandits, but by now they have been scavenged already.

MintBlue92 posted: »

I'm pretty positive, there has to be one without bandits.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.