What happens to Vernon after S1?

Feel free to spoil it. I haven’t played 400 days, and I’m not planning to, so can somebody tell me.

Comments

• He took the boat, that's all we know

• In Shel's story, some of the Cancer Survivors (Boyd, Clive, and Joyce) talk about their group and how Vernon was after the boat the whole time and
    once they actually got the boat their group fell apart.

• He probably died while they were trying to get the boat on the water.

• edited November 2018

It's somewhat vague, but some infer that the context of Joyce mentioning him implies that, similar to Brie, Vernon went down over or rather with the boat.
    However, due to that very indirect vagueness as well as the trio's tone regarding that plan, I also kinda get the feeling he may have just been voted out of the group as leader.

Either way, he was right about the boat plan being dumb and ended up failing because he decided to take it anyway. And I'll admit, despite sympathizing with his plights and maybe even having some respect for most of his efforts, the karma involved there is like poetry.

• He was either left or died i reckon he died.

• It's never 100% specified what happened to him, we just assume that he's dead based on what's said in Shel's Story.

• What annoys me is that stupid wikia page label him as being dead and i kept changing it because i disagreed that he was dead for a definite fact and they banned me. Sad bastards.

But yes it was vague what Joyce said:

If Kenny was “lost to the herd” at the end of S1, then Vernon could be “lost at sea with the boat” or something. He will most likely be dead now anyway given how long time has passed but i wish we found out what happened to him

• But they put Vernons fate in the exact same context as Brie, and she got her guts ripped out and turned into a walker.

What annoys me is that stupid wikia page label him as being dead and i kept changing it because i disagreed that he was dead for a definite

• Stealing a boat from the boat god? Didn’t work out too good for the old bastard. How the cancer group linked up with Roman and let him make the shots is what I’m most curious about.

• It’s vague though.

“We lost Brie (pause) and then Vernon with that goddamned boat”

It is highly likely that he is dead but it wasn’t 100% clear by Joyce. It’s like i said, if Kenny was “lost” to the herd, then Vernon could be lost with the boat. I wish the writers had made it more clear

But they put Vernons fate in the exact same context as Brie, and she got her guts ripped out and turned into a walker.

• He died of prostate cancer

• He died a slow death at a watery grave. Good fucking enough. Stolen ships sink faster than loyal ones. May he rot in hell.

• Even on the 0.01% chance that they weren't referring to his death during 400 Days, he was a weak old man and he is undoubtedly dead by this point.

It’s vague though. “We lost Brie (pause) and then Vernon with that goddamned boat” It is highly likely that he is dead but it wasn’t 1

Sign in to comment in this discussion.