Could Someone Explain Kenny’s Concept Death?

How was the death supposed to go? Was it going to be better than his let down death that we got? Please explain this to me.

Comments

• You mean his original season 3 death? Apparently he was going to go crazy and walk into a lake while singing some random song that they asked Gavin Hammon to make up on the spot. Then he dies.

Say what you will about the car crash death but at least Kenny died in character while protecting the kids one last time, as opposed to the original death which just makes no fucking sense.

• I reckon wellington is his best ending cause he sacrificed spending time with them and basically walked off into the sunset kinda how rick leaves he'll never appear again but we can interpret how he fars offscreen some people may believe he commited suicide which is their opinion but for me hes still alive offscreen during the final season

• Well atleast it shows ANF was constant in being shit from start to end I guess.

You mean his original season 3 death? Apparently he was going to go crazy and walk into a lake while singing some random song that they aske

• I think they had him go out with dignity in most of his death scenerios aside from actually allowing Clem to Tupac him over Jane. But I guess that's a player decision. As for the wellington death and the car crash death. Both at the very least respectful to the all boatly one.

I did hear rumors that Kenny was initially supposed to be Carver in S2. Basically some twisted bad guy. Glad TT didn't ruin the game that early on with such idiocy. And I also heard the final confrontation between Jane and Kenny was supposed to be Luke vs Kenny but they scrapped it. I'm sure you probably already know that. I don't think it's what your asking but outside of that I don't know much about his other concept storyline.

• He was supposed to die in S1 ep5. But they scrapped that too when making season 2.

• There are 3 ways he was supposed to die:
    1. In EP5 S1 he was supposed to visibly die while saving Ben/Christa
    2. He was going to he the villian in S2 instead of Carver so I'm assuming he'd die the same way Carver died or in a diffrent way.
    3. He was supposed to lose sainty, sing some random song and drown himself in a lake, instead of dying in the car crash in his first flashback in S3.

• I would argue it would have made the villain interesting and could have been a great moral issue for Clem...but no...they just decided to shoehorn him in and fuck up his season 1 arc.

ZombieKenny posted: »

I think they had him go out with dignity in most of his death scenerios aside from actually allowing Clem to Tupac him over Jane. But I gue

• What’s this about Kenny losing it and walking into a lake? What was the source on that?

• Gavin Hammon's interview a few months back mentioned it. There was also concept art for it that I tried to track down again, but couldn't seem to find.

Piggs posted: »

What’s this about Kenny losing it and walking into a lake? What was the source on that?

• edited November 2018

There was also concept art for it that I tried to track down again, but couldn't seem to find.

There it is.

This is the version before the car crash death.

I've heard the original version was that Kenny/Jane died at the hands of the leader (Mason) of the Marauders (The New Frontier) and that sent Clem on the path of revenge.

You can find more info here https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/693d15/i_wonder_whats_on_javis_neck/dh47vg6/

Yeah it's a fucking mess.

Edit : I also had some creepy "sfx audio" files called "Virginia" or something,but everything was on my old hard drive so now i'll never find them again.

DabigRG posted: »

Gavin Hammon's interview a few months back mentioned it. There was also concept art for it that I tried to track down again, but couldn't seem to find.

• edited November 2018

There it is

There we go! Thanks!
    I could've sworn it was posted here, but it's still not popping up on searches.

I've heard the original version was that Kenny/Jane died at the hands of the leader (Mason) of the Marauders (The New Frontier) and that sent Clem on the path of revenge.

Eh, I've since fallen into not putting much stock into that stuff.

EDIT: Waitaminute, I thought they claimed Gabe didn't exist as well?

iFoRias posted: »

There was also concept art for it that I tried to track down again, but couldn't seem to find. There it is. This is the versi

• The one death I heard of according to Gavin Hammon would have had Kenny committing suicide by walking into a lake while singing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.