When will it begin shipping?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You just want to hear Yare. :p

May...be...?
    I really only want to hear them talk about how everyone received click-and-drag. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to listen to.
    But I guess it would be even better if they talked about stuff I don't already know about!
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    They said it would be shipping in late April....

They estimated late April, and have since changed their estimate to May, as they have pointed out numerous times in numerous threads.
  • edited May 2010
    They estimated late April, and have since changed their estimate to May, as they have pointed out numerous times in numerous threads.

They should post a blog post on this. I clicked through a bunch of threads and I couldn't find any info from Telltale.

They didn't estimate April. The invoice said they would be shipping late April. And that was advertised in the store, shipping April. Nowhere did it say estimate.

And they need to explain why it's taking so freakishly long too, if it's the fault of the distributors they should just say so, instead of leaving us in the dark.
  • edited May 2010
    Screw the anger and rational arguments! Waiting has driven me nuts!

i want my monkey island stuff! I took down some posters in my room so I could have space for all the stuff, and there just blank space now! I had to mutilate a magazine with portal 2 stuff in it just so I could fill the void!

and i want that damn shirt so bad....... i spent $200 on all that swag and it's not here yet ghabysgvfbyuasisogzagosiafyvsbiaufsayvbuio!

BLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I WANT MY MONKEY ISLAND STUFF NOW!
  • edited May 2010
    Zombie run!
    Think Sydney, government bans Left 4 Dead.

(Monkey Island fans are advised not to light any of their facial hair on fire, even if they absolutely believe they are an undead zombie pirate turned demon)
  • edited May 2010
    Zombie run!
    Think Sydney, government bans Left 4 Dead.

(Monkey Island fans are advised not to light any of their facial hair on fire, even if they absolutely believe they are an undead zombie pirate turned demon)

Valve were nice. Made it so you could turn up the violence to non-australian standards by only changing a few text files. It was completely intentional. And awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    I want monkey island stuff blharhashrgarharha!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Belahrgahgrhgh!

Monkey island stuff!
  • edited May 2010
    猿の島の物が欲しいです!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    You can try it out. Just go through with ordering but stop just short of actually filling in your creditcard or Paypal information. You'll get an overview of the complete order. If that order mentions shipping costs, it'll include the DVD.
    If not, you can most likely go here to buy just the DVD after buying the 'SoMI:SE + ToMI' deal. The DVD should show up as costing $0.00, so you'll only pay for shipping then.
    I hope that helps.
    Thanks. It doesn't seem to work, though. I purchased the $19.99 deal package. It does not appear to automatically come with the DVD, and when I go to purchase the DVD, it shows up in the cart at $34.99. Even without the DVD, I think it was a pretty good deal, but, like most people, I'd prefer a physical copy if that is an option. Can anyone confirm that the deal does or does not inculde the disk, or tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you :).
  • edited May 2010
    Kesal wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that the deal does or does not inculde the disk, or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I would suggest e-mailing support or posting in the Support Forum.
  • edited May 2010
    It doesn't include the DVD. But you should be able to order the DVD separately for free plus shipping because you own TMI if you buy the bundle. And all owners of a full season get the DVD for free (plus shipping).
  • edited May 2010
    LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF I BOUGHT!

Tales of Monkey Island Poster Print (Signed)
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Art Portfolio
    Tales of Monkey Island T-Shirt - Men's XL
    Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel
    Tales of Monkey Island T-Shirt - Women's Medium

I WANT MY MONKEY ISLAND STUFF! TELLTALE, SHUT UP AND SHIP THE DAMN STUFF!

This is the shittiest online ordering I've done ever. I WANT IT NOW!!!!
  • edited May 2010

Are you sure you want it? You're really really REALLY sure?
  • edited May 2010
    It doesn't include the DVD. But you should be able to order the DVD separately for free plus shipping because you own TMI if you buy the bundle. And all owners of a full season get the DVD for free (plus shipping).

like Kesal, also i purchased the bundle offer, but now i can't take only dvd in the main page of Telltale MI store! in fact sistem tell 35$!!! You say "you should be able to order the DVD separately for free plus shipping", but, in your opinion, when we can take that if now seems to not?
  • edited May 2010
    LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF I BOUGHT!

Tales of Monkey Island Poster Print (Signed)
    Tales of Monkey Island Voodoo Card Set
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Art Portfolio
    Tales of Monkey Island T-Shirt - Men's XL
    Tales of Monkey Island Drinking Vessel
    Tales of Monkey Island T-Shirt - Women's Medium

What do you want with a poster if you live in your car?
  • edited May 2010
    belacqua wrote: »
    like Kesal, also i purchased the bundle offer, but now i can't take only dvd in the main page of Telltale MI store! in fact sistem tell 35$!!! You say "you should be able to order the DVD separately for free plus shipping", but, in your opinion, when we can take that if now seems to not?

Like someone else said earlier: email Telltale support.
  • edited May 2010
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Learn some patience. Seriously, you have problems.
  • edited May 2010
    Learn some patience. Seriously, you have problems.

I have patience. I've waited 6 weeks. When I order something from Hong-Kong off Ebay, it doesn't take this long.

Telltale said it would be shipping April. Of course I'm annoyed. My sister is annoyed too, she bought a second set of Voodoo cards.

It said April! It's FREAKING MAY! AND IT'S STILL NOT FINISHED?!?! WTF!
  • edited May 2010
    You really live up to your nickname.
  • edited May 2010
    You really live up to your nickname.

Yeah. I'm nice sometimes though.

But I have a reputation to hold up too.

WHERE IS MAH MONKEY ISLAND STOOF! I WANT IT NOW GAH! THIS DVD SYSTEM IS LAME! WORST GAME MERCHANDISE SHIPPING SYSTEM EVER! TELLTALE BLEHHHH!
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, too much, now I don't buy it anymore... (your attitude that is... not the MI stuff)
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, too much, now I don't buy it anymore... (your attitude that is... not the MI stuff)

Yeah. I can only rant properly for 5min or so.

Might go re-read that IPad announcement and get some inspiration...
  • edited May 2010
    Just be careful not to end up living up to your custom title, too.
    I mean the first part of it.

I get that you're impatient, we all are, but posting again and again isn't going to make it happen faster, you know.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Just be careful not to end up living up to your custom title, too.
    I mean the first part of it.

I get that you're impatient, we all are, but posting again and again isn't going to make it happen faster, you know.

I was banned twice before.

It changed nothing!
  • edited May 2010
    I have patience. I've waited 6 weeks. When I order something from Hong-Kong off Ebay, it doesn't take this long.

Telltale said it would be shipping April. Of course I'm annoyed. My sister is annoyed too, she bought a second set of Voodoo cards.

It said April! It's FREAKING MAY! AND IT'S STILL NOT FINISHED?!?! WTF!

Do you order things from Hong Kong that haven't even left production at the time you placed the order?

Telltale let us pre-order merchandise as far as they can in advance so that they can get it out to us the second it's ready to ship. I don't think you know what the word "pre-order" means.
  • edited May 2010
    I've waited 6 weeks. When I order something from Hong-Kong off Ebay, it doesn't take this long.

Heh. It's gotten so much easier to order things from other countries, hasn't it? I remember back in the late 80ies when I wanted to buy Infocom games. Since they were pretty much impossible to find in Sweden, I figured the easiest way would be to order them from the source. To do that, I had to...
    1. Find the address in a computer magazine.
    2. Write a letter to them, asking them for a catalogue and ordering instructions. Of course, I first had to figure out the postage.
    3. Wait for it to arrive. As I recall it, this could take about a month.
    4. Make a list of the games I wanted to order, and try to figure out the shipping cost.
    5. Go to the bank and ask them to write a cheque in dollars.
    6. Mail the cheque and order, again after figuring out the postage.
    7. Wait for another month or so for the games to arrive.

And throughout the deal, the only feedback I would get was when the catalogue and the games arrived. Of course, it was still totally worth it.

Now you kids get off my lawn! ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Heh. It's gotten so much easier to order things from other countries, hasn't it? I remember back in the late 80ies when I wanted to buy Infocom games. Since they were pretty much impossible to find in Sweden, I figured the easiest way would be to order them from the source. To do that, I had to...
    1. Find the address in a computer magazine.
    2. Write a letter to them, asking them for a catalogue and ordering instructions. Of course, I first had to figure out the postage.
    3. Wait for it to arrive. As I recall it, this could take about a month.
    4. Make a list of the games I wanted to order, and try to figure out the shipping cost.
    5. Go to the bank and ask them to write a cheque in dollars.
    6. Mail the cheque and order, again after figuring out the postage.
    7. Wait for another month or so for the games to arrive.

And throughout the deal, the only feedback I would get was when the catalogue and the games arrived. Of course, it was still totally worth it.

Now you kids get off my lawn! ;)

I love you wise old internetguru's who pop up at any random moment and start blabbing fun facts about the olden days. :')

Fury, don't you get what a PRE-order is?
    It's something you order BEFORE it can actually be send to you. Meaning that you will have to wait for it to be finished.
    Do you stop at your game-dealers every day to complain about why Super Mario Galaxy 2 is taking so long?
    It will arrive when it's ready. You should find peace with this, then and only then, will you be ready, and will the game be shipped.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Hi all

Just talking to the main people working on this, the DVD is still on track to begin shipping from our warehouse in May.

It may not begin shipping out until the latter part of the month. And depending on where you live, what kind of shipping you specified, which items you have in your order, etc ... arrival times for different orders will vary.

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks Joel.
    It's nice that you're keeping us updated.
    I probably won't be getting mine until late July because I don't live in the states though. :p
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Man, Joel came in and stole my thunder. I was just about to post the same thing. So I'll just throw in that it's AWESOME. My favorite new thing is probably either the commentary or the huge mountain of concept art.
  • edited May 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Man, Joel came in and stole my thunder. I was just about to post the same thing. So I'll just throw in that it's AWESOME. My favorite new thing is probably either the commentary or the huge mountain of concept art.

I am salivating with anticipation. I have complete confidence in you guys that this thing will be totally worth the wait.
  • edited May 2010

there commentary?? is that like MI 2 SE commentary ??
  • edited May 2010

Why do you tease us so? :(
  • edited May 2010
    joeldee wrote: »
    Hi all

Just talking to the main people working on this, the DVD is still on track to begin shipping from our warehouse in May.

It may not begin shipping out until the latter part of the month. And depending on where you live, what kind of shipping you specified, which items you have in your order, etc ... arrival times for different orders will vary.

- Joel, Telltale

One thing I've been curious about is when the non-DVD Monkey Island items, such as the mug, will begin shipping. Will it be the same time, or maybe a little later?
  • edited May 2010
    Hmmm, this is troubling because I will no longer be living at my present location by the end of May. Does anyone know of a way to change the shipping address?
  • edited May 2010
    The universal advice: there is very little that can't be achieved by e-mailing support@telltalegames.com. Hell, that's at least a good 20% of Telltale's massive awesomeness right there. I'm sure they can change the shipping address for you. Maybe it would be best to have it sent to a friend while you're in mid-move?
  • edited May 2010
    Why do you tease us so? :(

Will likes doing that. Did the same thing while everyone was waiting for episode 5. >:(
  • edited May 2010
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    Will likes doing that. Did the same thing while everyone was waiting for episode 5. >:(

He's not the only one. Jake's teasing us in another thread. I think it's a job requirement, they won't hire you if you're not the teasing type.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.