disappointed

edited January 2019 in The Walking Dead

Was I the only one disappointed by that episode ? I feel like I'm mostly to blame for it, I mean to be honest the zombie genre is kinda boring me, I was bored in that episode and it felt too cliche for me.
I mean at the end when I chose to spare Lily (she was obviously full of shit I just didn't want AJ to become a serial killer) I knew James was gonna die, the way the camera was, and the way he was the only one talking. But I mean it's dumb everyone was looking at her and she had a goddamn knife in her leg.

Also I'm guessing I'm not too fond of the story in general, I mean from what I gather Lilly kidnaps "strong people" so they serve as soldiers right ? But why didn't she just nicely took the whole school, recruited all the kids, and used the strong ones as soldiers and the other ones as workers, I mean they could have easily built a community if Lilly wasn't so stupid.

I'm also kinda getting tired of the, It's not zombies you gotta look out for, It's humans.
I mean yeah I get it, we humans are complicated and building a community can be hard, but come one why does it NEVER work, like all the time it fails, that's not realistic.

I mean to be honest I'd be really interested in what you guys think, I mean lately I'm more in sci-fi and cyberpunk (yeah mostly due to cyberpunk 2077) and the story of TWD kinda is boring (I kinda thought the Lee flashback was lame too actually, yeah you are dead we get it, we know you are the mentor of Clem no need to remind us all the time)

I feel like maybe It's because too much time has passed and I'm really not as involved as I was in the Walking dead back at season 1

In any case I respect the creators and the game in general, and I really appreciate all the effort that has been made for the game to be finished but, I hardly see how the conclusion is gonna be satisfying and I feel like they should just let go of the Walking Dead, I mean the show is over for me personally, and the game should be.

Please remember this is just my opinion, I'm just really curious to know if other people felt the same way.

Comments

• edited January 2019

Well it's the last season so after that they're done,i kinda wish they'd end the show too but unfortunately AMC's gonna keep milking it as much as they can.
    (The comics are still really good tho)

Also yeah you already said it yourself,but you're not really interested in TWD anymore so you just kinda lost interest and i guess it's normal after a while.

I don't agree with all of your points but i know some other people who feels the same way,i personally don't feel like that and i'm enjoying this season so far,but everyone's different.

• I loved the episode. And given that skybound picked it up to continue it, I love it even more. Personally I'm just grateful, truly grateful.

• I am grateful too, I mean Twd needs to have a proper ending, but seeing this episode was so slow and the third episode is the last episode, I have trouble seeing how that's gonna happen.

MosesARose posted: »

I loved the episode. And given that skybound picked it up to continue it, I love it even more. Personally I'm just grateful, truly grateful.

• edited January 2019

Idk. It’s 8 years into the apocalypse so reusing the same “survive the zombie” forumula wouldn’t work as much. They’d need a greater threat to keep us on our feet

• I've been enjoying the season so far and I did really enjoy episode 3, it was just the ending and how they handled Lilly is what I found to be really disappointing. Lilly's character just seemed wasted and makes me feel unsure why they even brought her back other than just "guys its Lilly please buy the game because season 1 connections" which is odd because we don't really do much with Lilly to justify having a character from season 1 to connect with. The ending doesnt really have the best set up either for a finale either and Im a bit worried the ending wont feel any type of satisfactions or pull the right heart strings. And not getting "good" satisfaction isnt even a bad thing, season 1's ending isnt a happy ending but it satisfies the journey we had, especially with the whole last episode is about saving Clem before you die, and Im not sure how episode 4 will bring a satisfying conclusion to this story based on how episode 3 ended.

• The episode was amazing, some may say that pacing was a bit too slow, but that's the reason to like the episode even more: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

• My thread is similar to yours, so I am glad that I am not the only one. I think you feel this way like me because the game has run its course. I prefer ‘A New Frontier’.

• we all have our opinions but how can you prefer A New Frontier? they're literally forcing Kate on you to have a relationship with her and if you friendzone her all the way to the end, she blames you and your brother, and forcing David to fight with you.

At least if you friendzone Violet and Louis you don't have to worry about them forcing you to fight with your sibling.

My thread is similar to yours, so I am glad that I am not the only one. I think you feel this way like me because the game has run its course. I prefer ‘A New Frontier’.

• It centres on adults rather than teenagers. I believe it is down to AJ rather than romantic relationships. I do not seem to care enough for him.

Joshua1991 posted: »

we all have our opinions but how can you prefer A New Frontier? they're literally forcing Kate on you to have a relationship with her and if

• edited January 2019

And then you have whiny Gabe in the mix plus the added bonus of character assassinations of Kenny and Jane. So you care about that traitor shitbird Gabe more than AJ?

It centres on adults rather than teenagers. I believe it is down to AJ rather than romantic relationships. I do not seem to care enough for him.

• I know, but there are less adolescents to worry about in ‘A New Frontier’. ?

And then you have whiny Gabe in the mix plus the added bonus of character assassinations of Kenny and Jane. So you care about that traitor shitbird Gabe more than AJ?

• Kate is in her 20's and she acts like an adolescent. She's a succubus

I know, but there are less adolescents to worry about in ‘A New Frontier’. ?

• Have you been watching a lot of ‘American Gods’? ? Kate looks good for her age.

Kate is in her 20's and she acts like an adolescent. She's a succubus

• no but i know what show it is. Gillian Anderson is in it right?

Have you been watching a lot of ‘American Gods’? ? Kate looks good for her age.

• I am not sure, sorry. I have only watched a minute.

• Normally I would agree, I wouldn't mind the pace to be slow but there is only one episode left, so they will have to wrap things up and I'm afraid I'm not gonna like it.

Anyway we'll see

FERKILL377 posted: »

The episode was amazing, some may say that pacing was a bit too slow, but that's the reason to like the episode even more: CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

• To be honest, Violet or Louis are pretty shitty to you if you don't save them

we all have our opinions but how can you prefer A New Frontier? they're literally forcing Kate on you to have a relationship with her and if

• So what you're sayin is...needed Boss Walker.

• I liked the episode.

Again, the best parts are with AJ and Clementine and her explaining things to him, like trauma, how to be normal, control his anger, etc. Then there's the part where they argue about what he should do if she's bitten. It's heart-wrenching but great.

The party scene was also good.

• I liked it. If you don't like it why did you play it?

• Louis isn't but what happens to him is

Demonarke posted: »

To be honest, Violet or Louis are pretty shitty to you if you don't save them

• Because they likely didn't and by their own agency, couldn't have known.

I liked it. If you don't like it why did you play it?

• If the option to spare Minerva’s pathetic life isn’t met by dialogue containing the phrase “I’ve got bigger fish to fry” in Ep.4, all that has led us up to that moment will have been for nothing, and I’ll be REALLY disappointed?.

• In essence

DabigRG posted: »

So what you're sayin is...needed Boss Walker.

• Because like Dabig said I couldn't have known, also I already paid for the game so I'm gonna finish it, and I was a big fan of the studio and Twd in general, so it would feel wrong for me not to play it, I wanna see how it all ends, even if I don't like it.

I liked it. If you don't like it why did you play it?

• Personally, I felt like the quality of the game design decreased - but loved the story. If it did decrease, and its not just my imagination, that's completely understandable given what occurred. But the only thing that I didn't like was the coding - the story was done fairly well.

• Yeah I just saw, Lilly cuts Louis tongue ? Wtf is wrong with her, she wasn't like that in season 1, why did they decided to make her the villain.

Louis isn't but what happens to him is

• Lilly was always an antagonistic character of some shape or form, even in Season One if you are friendly with her, she can still expose Lee's secret and betrays the trust he had in her. I think it was eventual that she would be in the role that she is in The Final Season. She wasn't like that in Season One because Season One is closer to the normal world that they used to live in, and around 8 years progressed so her behaviour would shift and change dramatically.

A lot of people think Lilly was wasted, I think she was utilised fairly well, the Lilly most people are familiar with and like is the Season One Lilly, she was brash and hardened, but we saw a bit of humanity in her, and the apocalypse hasn't done her any favours, so any piece of humanity we saw previously is practically non-existent, not because of bad writing, but perhaps due to the things she had to do to protect the Delta, abducting kids, and other traumatic occurrences we may never know.

Yeah I just saw, Lilly cuts Louis tongue ? Wtf is wrong with her, she wasn't like that in season 1, why did they decided to make her the villain.

• edited January 2019

Yeah I guess that makes sense, I'm just tired of the same stuff playing out all the time, "good community vs bad community" to be fair I always thought it would be in everyone's best interest to join Lilly, and have someone smart convince her that "cowards" (in her own words) can be used as workers.

It just feels like Lilly is Negan you know, the scenario is not really original.

Lilly was always an antagonistic character of some shape or form, even in Season One if you are friendly with her, she can still expose Lee'

• She wasn't like that in S1 but what she does to Louis and co. is a result of the events that happened in S1. Lilly never managed to gain control of the circumstances back then. Now she's in full control, or at least that's what she wants to believe. She wants to have complete control by any means necessary and James said it best, because she's still weak and scared and it shows in her reactions of last episode.

Her "drastic" change might seem jarring at first, but when I look at it from this angle it makes sense. That's why I like her as a villain so much.

Yeah I just saw, Lilly cuts Louis tongue ? Wtf is wrong with her, she wasn't like that in season 1, why did they decided to make her the villain.

• Good point, I think what makes it similar is that both are antagonistic characters that have barbaric and brutal methods, their reasoning is also similar, they do it as they believe that it eventually benefits their respective groups, like with Negan, he managed to put so much fear into Communities that they would be scraping together supplies in order to keep him happy. But, I think Negan is a bit of a different case than Lilly, he was always a bit of a wildcard that did some unpredictable things, he always retained his humanity and in later issues of the comics, specifically the Whisperer War arc, he seems to know his actions were wrong and feels an incredible amount of guilt for his wrongdoings.

While I like Lilly, she seems to have lost her sense of humanity, she did show hesitancy when she had the opportunity to kill Clementine in Episode 2, but after that, it looks as if those feelings died, as she was brutal and harsh to Clementine in Episode 3, which I think is due to Clementine rejecting the chance to give up the kids and fought to protect them from being taken.

I do agree with the scenario not being 100% original, each of the well known antagonists such as The Governor, Negan, Carver, even Joan do some very disgraceful and inhumane things, but the things they do, they believe it is out of necessity, to protect those they care about, even if it means hurting and killing people. Things do play out relatively the same with each of those antagonists, but with their methods and way of leadership, it is inevitable that conflict would arise, be it from the inside, or from an outside community that doesn't approve.
    Sorry for the super long post, I am shit at doing short explanations, and I get carried away by trying my best to explain stuff clearly

Yeah I guess that makes sense, I'm just tired of the same stuff playing out all the time, "good community vs bad community" to be fair I alw

• Brilliant explanation, honestly. I have been nodding in agreement to quite a few of your comments lately, they are well thought out, and straight to the point, unlike 100% of mine :joy:

Sarunas21 posted: »

She wasn't like that in S1 but what she does to Louis and co. is a result of the events that happened in S1. Lilly never managed to gain con

• Lol thanks. I'm actually right in the middle of making a discussion thread detailing the reason I believe her character hasn't been ruined right now. It's getting pretty lengthy though :s

Brilliant explanation, honestly. I have been nodding in agreement to quite a few of your comments lately, they are well thought out, and straight to the point, unlike 100% of mine

• I don't think the character is ruined, I think her story arc is unoriginal, and the good vs bad community is getting quite repetitive.

Also I didn't want to fight Lilly, because I felt like it would be for everyone's best interest to join her and build a reliable community, but of course I didn't have that choice.

While I understand I can't do exactly what I want since the story gotta go somewhere, I find it boring that I HAVE to think Lilly is a villain and I HAVE to be against her.

The story just seems pretty basic to me, good guy vs bad guy.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Lol thanks. I'm actually right in the middle of making a discussion thread detailing the reason I believe her character hasn't been ruined right now. It's getting pretty lengthy though

• You're just realizin that?

I don't think the character is ruined, I think her story arc is unoriginal, and the good vs bad community is getting quite repetitive. Al

• edited January 2019

I dunno how to feel about Lilly. She always was on the antagonistic side no matter if you sided with her. Is it realistic for her to spiral down into madness years into the apocalypse?... maybe.

• I don't like using the term original or unoriginal in plot details. A completely unoriginal plot can still be made into something good. A completely original plot can be shit and vice versa. Not arguing Lilly, just talking in general. In Lilly's case, I'm not looking for originality.

But I agree with your ending statement. It'd obviously be more fun if she were still in the gray area, which she left long ago. But I think it's just as fun to hate her as much as I do now. I haven't hated a character like this in a long long time. Liked her character in terms of servicing the plot. Hated her character in terms of emotion.

I got my fill.

I don't think the character is ruined, I think her story arc is unoriginal, and the good vs bad community is getting quite repetitive. Al

• This isn’t the right game for you, it’s ok to have an opinion, nobody should hate you for it.

• Problem is this is exactly my type of game, I love interactive games and love being immersed in the story, I'm guessing I'm just not that interested in this story anymore.

This isn’t the right game for you, it’s ok to have an opinion, nobody should hate you for it.

• It really bugs me that a video game isn't exactly like real life. Any little nuance that isn't pin point accurate with real life even though it's a fictional plot and setting is beyond anger inducing for me. Scrap the whole game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.