Violet's Story Plothole?

edited January 2019 in The Walking Dead

So I listened to Vi's story and immediately felt 2 gut punches. One gut punch is her reaction or lack thereof to the suicide. I was pretty speechless. Louis' backstory was savage but Vi's was chilling.

The other gut punch is her age. She said she was shipped to Ericson's at age 11. Sooo, she's older than Clem by a good 3 or 4 years? Wasn't she like confirmed to be 15 or 16?

I thought it was weird because Minnie looked strangely older than anyone else there, like 19 or so. She's already tall asf.

Comments

• Yeah, I think the age thing may have been a mistake. They said James is the oldest of the kids, so there's no way Violet was 11 when that happened.

Plus, Willy is one of the youngest in the group, yet he was sent to Ericson's for chronic masturbation? I imagine Willy was in kindergarten at least before the apocalypse started.

• I don't believe her age was ever actually confirmed before.

• I supposed this was just overlooked accidently due to the situations prior to the return I guess?

MyBroKenny posted: »

Yeah, I think the age thing may have been a mistake. They said James is the oldest of the kids, so there's no way Violet was 11 when that ha

• Maybe it's just how she came off to me. She always came off as being the youngest of the older kids to me. The middle kid.

ralo229 posted: »

I don't believe her age was ever actually confirmed before.

• The ages of the characters make no sense, I find it best to just ignore them

• what was louis backstory?

• he epicly bought expensive fortnite vbucks from his dad's credit card and blamed it on his mom leading to a victory divorce royale

and no, im not kidding this is kinda what happens ;)

MrGraffio posted: »

what was louis backstory?

• Lol In a way @Hersani is actually right...

But the true true story is Louis was a rich kid in a rich family. Got anything he wanted except for singing lessons he asked his father for. His dad said, "You get to be happy, or you get to be rich. Can't be both." He knows now that his dad was just trying to give him some tough love lesson, but in that scenario back then, he used his dad's card to spend money for a whole year on some mystery woman that never existed. Framed him basically and when his parents divorced he threw his dad's line right back at him.

Louis' definitely doesn't run as dark as Violet's...but I still think it's savage :D

MrGraffio posted: »

what was louis backstory?

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited January 2019

They said James is the oldest of the kids, so there's no way Violet was 11 when that happened.

Perhaps she's not a kid like everyone else?
    Violet said she was sent to Ericson's at age 11. The apocalypse first started 8 years ago when the staff at Ericson's left all the students. We know this because Clementine was 8-9 in S1 when the apocalypse first began, and is now 16-17 in TFS. 8 years since then would mean that Violet is 18-19, making her 2 years older than Clementine. If James was the "oldest of the kids", then that means he's 17 and is younger than Violet since 18 year olds are considered to be adults.

MyBroKenny posted: »

Yeah, I think the age thing may have been a mistake. They said James is the oldest of the kids, so there's no way Violet was 11 when that ha

• Anyway I can relate to Violet. If you grew up in a shitty environment you’re going to have shitty ways to deal with trauma. Like watching cartoons...or playing videogames?

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited January 2019

An even bigger plot hole in her backstory is how she could afford to be enrolled at Ericson's since her father was always drunk and her mother worked 3 jobs, barely make ends meet. We find out Louis came from a WEALTHY family, and was enrolled there was well so it couldn't have been cheap

• Damn. Puberty screwed her even harder than I thought.
    --Yeah, WAITAMINUTE!!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.