Episode 3 review

A very strong entry. The series definitely needed one.

God bless everyone.

Tagged:

Comments

• If you didn’t think at least Episode 1 wasn’t strong, this season probably isn’t for you...

• I think all the episodes were good. If I had to rank them from best to worst:
    1. Done Running - Starts thibgs off hopeful and happy but gets dark and twisted at the end.
    2. Suffer the Children - It was about as linear with Violet/Louis choices but also displays conflict within the group.
    3. Broken Toys - I have to give it props for how it branches out based on Ep. 2 choices. This episode has been entirely affected based on two big choices in Ep. 2. Something that Telltale hasn't done before; not to this extent. But the pace was a bit slow towards the beginning.
    Just for the record: I'd rather play Broken Toys ten times in a row than play one episode of ANF. I love Melissa Hutchinson, but you can tell she didn't put in a lot of effort in Clem in that outing. Her acting isn't as good as it was in previous seasons. I hate to say it; but it's Evil Within 2 level of bad.

• I disagree on Lilith characterization here, but that's neither here nor there.
    I will say you make a good point about both the actual infiltration sequence(which is easy to overlook) and how it would've made sense to talk to Lee about Lily(since he was the only one who took the time to get to know her).
    And yes, the ending felt pretty...what? But then that applies to a decent chunk of the climax.
    Wait, you think this is better than Done Running?

• Her acting isn't as good as it was in previous seasons

How ? I didn't notice it, she sounds good to me

I think all the episodes were good. If I had to rank them from best to worst: 1. Done Running - Starts thibgs off hopeful and happy but get

• No me gusta nada.

• She doesn't have any spirit in her voice. Like she's reading a book out loud to herself with no enthusiasm. Like a McDonalds employee

Her acting isn't as good as it was in previous seasons How ? I didn't notice it, she sounds good to me

• It was a great episode but if I had to rank the episode's of this season it would fall last...till now, but that doesn't mean it's not great this season is a big improvement from anf.

• My ranking would probably go like...

1. Broken Toys: This was the first episode in the season that actually had choices that were really hard for me, something that was lacking in the previous 2. I really don’t understand the hate for this episode I fucking loved it.

2. Done Running: Best pilot episode Telltale has ever done imo. I liked how they didn’t try to cram in extreme drama and action right away and instead focused on building the characters and the setting.

3. Suffer the Children: while I still loved this episode, It definitely wasn’t as amazing as the other two. Decisions made in Done Running carried over in a pretty lackluster way (Abel in particular). It was still a very enjoyable episode that had a lot of great moments though.

Overall I think I’ve enjoyed this seasons episodes almost equally and they feel really consistent with each other which is nice and something these games haven’t really had since S1.

• edited February 2019

I gave episode 1 a 8/10 what are you talking about?

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

Rankles75 posted: »

If you didn’t think at least Episode 1 wasn’t strong, this season probably isn’t for you...

• “A very strong entry. The series definitely needed one.”

Suggests you haven’t rated it so far, no?

I gave episode 1 a 8/10 what are you talking about? Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• Watch my ep 1 review before stating that. I gave it 8/10.

Rankles75 posted: »

“A very strong entry. The series definitely needed one.” Suggests you haven’t rated it so far, no?

• Definitely agree about ANF. To me suffer the children was to linear in general. Also it rushed. This ep didn't. It took things slow.

God bless you.

I think all the episodes were good. If I had to rank them from best to worst: 1. Done Running - Starts thibgs off hopeful and happy but get

• Oh yes, as a whole this is better than done running to me (not the ending.). It takes time to actually formulate a decent plan (scouting, asking james for help, then willy with the bomb) and it's executed so well. Done running wasn't as well done in my opinion.

God bless you.

DabigRG posted: »

I disagree on Lilith characterization here, but that's neither here nor there. I will say you make a good point about both the actual infil

• I mean, I guess in the sense that there's supposedly an actual plot for them to be following, sure.

Oh yes, as a whole this is better than done running to me (not the ending.). It takes time to actually formulate a decent plan (scouting, a

• Lo siento.

Gracias.

Dios te bendiga

No me gusta nada.

• till now? Not sure what you meant.

Thank you for comment.

God bless you.

It was a great episode but if I had to rank the episode's of this season it would fall last...till now, but that doesn't mean it's not great this season is a big improvement from anf.

• I think the dislike for the episode comes from the lack luster ending. Your definitely right, most of the decisions in the other eps didn't matter much. I kind of wonder how they'll handle all the different decisions in ep 4.

God bless you.

My ranking would probably go like... * Broken Toys: This was the first episode in the season that actually had choices that were really

• edited February 2019

Maybe ep 4 will disappoint even more than ep 3 so ep 4 might fall last in my rating.

till now? Not sure what you meant. Thank you for comment. God bless you.

• Oh no, I meant the final season in general; not your review. I apologise for the confusion and thank you for the Spanish, but I am English actually. :p

Lo siento. Gracias. Dios te bendiga

• Ep 3 didn't disappoint me other than what was mentioned in the video. Massive improvement over anf if you ask me.

Maybe ep 4 will disappoint even more than ep 3 so ep 4 might fall last in my rating.

• Oh okay.

Oh no, I meant the final season in general; not your review. I apologise for the confusion and thank you for the Spanish, but I am English actually.

• @Feedingfrenzy91
    Holy shit, I can see y'all profile pics on my phone!

Oh no, I meant the final season in general; not your review. I apologise for the confusion and thank you for the Spanish, but I am English actually.

• wat u mean?

@Feedingfrenzy91 Holy shit, I can see y'all profile pics on my phone!

• We couldn't see many of them for a while now, but now I can.

wat u mean?

• Yeah about that how does it work? I'm guessing I can see all the Custom ones but not the telltale avatars?

We couldn't see many of them for a while now, but now I can.

• Yeah, most of Telltale's avatars have been going blank for months. But for some reason, i can see some of them fine on my phone now.

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah about that how does it work? I'm guessing I can see all the Custom ones but not the telltale avatars?

• Oh, I never used my phone to access this site so wouldn't know.

We couldn't see many of them for a while now, but now I can.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.