Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Yeah, I saw that.

Ghetsis posted: »

The drawing AJ makes in Episode 1 is referencing the events of Episode 3 and 4. When being able to play as AJ, Clem's subtitle colour goes

• edited March 2019

Very cool!

I can buy that. I guess.

As for Clem looking all zombie-ish and dead, and the timing of her amputation... Well... I read this interesting headcanon that Clem's axe wound from Minerva slowed her bloodflow due to a large amount of blood loss, helping extend the period of time before the virus takes hold. And the reason she looks so pale is also due to the blood loss.

Michael Kirkbride (Season Lead Designer for TFS) explained in a Reddit post, in the character of AJ, how they escaped the barn. Link to post is here.

• Is it possible, sure, especially her looking like she did due to blood loss, but I'd still like an explanation from someone who worked on the project just to be sure.

AChicken posted: »

Very cool! I can buy that. I guess. As for Clem looking all zombie-ish and dead, and the timing of her amputation... Well... I read th

• Randy Tudor's signature in the hallway credits.

• edited March 2019

Remember in All That Remains when Luke and Clem first sit down after Carlos patches her up.

Luke: “That’s going to leave one hell of a scar.” (referring to Clem’s dog bite)
    Clem: “Better than losing it.”
    Luke: “You can say that again...scars, they’re way cooler than stumps.”

These sly bastards, foreshadowing my girl loosing her leg all the way back in Season 2 (I know it wasn’t intentional, but still, pretty funny looking back).

• Nice reference. ?

Remember in All That Remains when Luke and Clem first sit down after Carlos patches her up. Luke: “That’s going to leave one hell of a sc

• @Joe_Momma. Post your recent meme here. It may seem like a joke, but it's goddamn relevant!

• Were you happy with the finale out of curiosity?

@Joe_Momma. Post your recent meme here. It may seem like a joke, but it's goddamn relevant!

• I loved it, despite a few problems here and there, but I can pretty much say the same for most episode in the series. There's still a couple of questions I have, but as an end to Clem's story, I'm incredibly happy.

Were you happy with the finale out of curiosity?

• Out of everything, Yeah I sure did.

There may have been some confusing moments that didn't make much sense given what we previously knew about walkers and some wasted characters, but I'm glad they kept our Main girl alive, and that the season ended positively for a change. The scenes were pretty nice too, with a couple easter eggs hidden throughout. The only thing I feel down about is this is the last time we're seeing any of them. No more episodes, no more trailers, nothing. But it's still better than what we'd have if skybound didn't step in.

• What easter eggs?

Out of everything, Yeah I sure did. There may have been some confusing moments that didn't make much sense given what we previously knew

• Aww.

I loved it, despite a few problems here and there, but I can pretty much say the same for most episode in the series. There's still a couple of questions I have, but as an end to Clem's story, I'm incredibly happy.

• Either of the twins being alive was something the staff didn't and realizing they could only build one, they decided to have Minerva be the surviving twin for the story they wrote.

• That explanation is way too specific though and scientific. A lot of the supporters are being hypocritical by saying non-believers of the theory don't know the ins and outs so they shouldn't judge, but they support the most over-extending and trying theories that have never been explored before. Sure, it could be right, but we all know the reason is because the designers wanted it to look like there was no way out. The writers were aware of this plot-hole but went through with it to raise tension. Only that's quite retarded because it was obvious since AJ had to use an axe instead of a gun, it would only confuse your players when they see Clem alive. Many thought it was a halluncination.

AChicken posted: »

Very cool! I can buy that. I guess. As for Clem looking all zombie-ish and dead, and the timing of her amputation... Well... I read th

• Boy, I've dumping like 6 memes a day, which one you looking for?

@Joe_Momma. Post your recent meme here. It may seem like a joke, but it's goddamn relevant!

• Do you remember this Dorian woman, the one that can be killed by Louis if not captured?

If she survives, she will be there as a corpse in the area where other Delta people defend themselves from walkers in Episode 5. Look closely on the ground.

• The one with AJ having a chin afro and staring at flowers. It was good ?

Joe_Momma posted: »

Boy, I've dumping like 6 memes a day, which one you looking for?

• Gotcha fam.

The one with AJ having a chin afro and staring at flowers. It was good ?

• Yeah, I read that on the wiki.
    Geez, this finale felt like it wanted to be a rushed afterthought.

AronDracula posted: »

Do you remember this Dorian woman, the one that can be killed by Louis if not captured? If she survives, she will be there as a corpse in the area where other Delta people defend themselves from walkers in Episode 5. Look closely on the ground.

• If you let AJ keep on have a conversation with

Disco Broccoli, he will eventually tell him, what he has experienced through out the entire Final Season of the game.

• Hasta luego, 'Finding Dorian'. xo

AronDracula posted: »

Do you remember this Dorian woman, the one that can be killed by Louis if not captured? If she survives, she will be there as a corpse in the area where other Delta people defend themselves from walkers in Episode 5. Look closely on the ground.

• I hope to find a video that shows everything he can say :smile:

MintBlue92 posted: »

If you let AJ keep on have a conversation with (Spoiler)

• According to Kent Mudle, Christa did indeed have a miscarriage. He goes into a bit of detail on Clementine’s relationship with Christa before they got seperated. From the looks of it, they weren’t really fond of eachother :(. Oh, and sorry if this has already been mentioned. http://kmudle.tumblr.com/post/182730875831/hello-thank-you-guys-again-for-everything

• edited March 2019

I don't know if these have been posted already, but here's some:

In EP3, if you tell AJ to not lick the salt lick, AJ will ask Clem if she did it before, and she'll reply, "I don't know..." just like in Season 1. It's funny how after all these years, she still couldn't admit it.

In EP3, it's revealed that Ruby's favorite color is green and her favorite music is country. Willy also happily approves of country music if you choose to switch to it later on.

In EP3, Willy mentions that he hates his name.

In EP3, and if you chose to let Louis get captured, in Clem's dream, Lee says, "imagine what Louis will say when he sees your face again" This is awkward because we discover later that he loses his tongue and can't speak...

In EP3, Tenn mentions that Minnie used to sing the, "Night Will Be Over Soon", song to make them feel better whenever they were scared. In EP4, she sings it once again, only this time, it's scaring the heck out of everyone.

Also, I noticed throughout the game, if you repeatedly die or fail many times, then more helpful hints will pop up. When approaching the ship in EP3, I kept running out of walkers to hide behind and got shot. After dying like 5 times, a hint told me how to run. After dying around 20 times, a weird hint came up that said, "Find AJ", but I got shot before I could. Maybe he would've guided Clem or something. Who knows what other kind of hints there are throughout the game.

• Brody and Mitch brought back some big fuckin rabbits.

• In EP3, Willy mentions that he hates his name.
    Also, I noticed throughout the game, if you repeatedly die or fail many times, then more helpful hints will pop up. When approaching the ship in EP3, I kept running out of walkers to hide behind and got shot. After dying like 5 times, a hint told me how to run. After dying around 20 times, a weird hint came up that said, "Find AJ", but I got shot before I could. Maybe he would've guided Clem or something. Who knows what other kind of hints there are throughout the game.

Rea-hee-eally now?

I don't know if these have been posted already, but here's some: In EP3, if you tell AJ to not lick the salt lick, AJ will ask Clem if sh

• If Louis loses his tongue, at the end of the game when the gang are sitting together having dinner Louis passes a note to Clementine. A user on Reddit found the texture for the note.

It's implied to be a joke if you went down the Violet route since he can't, well, speak.

• According to Kent Mudle, Marlon letting Abel take the twins was an on the spot thing due to suddenly running into him that very day.

• edited March 2019

"Clementine's Eyebrows" and "The Great Chef God Omar" are in the special thanks section of the finale credits.

• Oh, did she take that from Gabe too?

lupinb0y posted: »

"Clementine's Eyebrows" and "The Great Chef God Omar" are in the special thanks section of the finale credits.

• Willy was the one who wrote that Justin fucked that walker.

• Who said that?

DabigRG posted: »

Willy was the one who wrote that Justin fucked that walker.

• Kent Mudle.
    I think it might be referenced as a line as well.

Melton23 posted: »

Who said that?

• Of course it would be Willy

Kent Mudle. I think it might be referenced as a line as well.

• Cherami Leigh voices Pixiebob in My Hero Academia.

• For those who don't know, she voiced Minerva.

Cherami Leigh voices Pixiebob in My Hero Academia.

• According to Kent Muddle, the reason why dialogue choices at the end of the game with AJ changed were because;

"Playable AJ gave us a really cool chance to experiment with a new kind of dialog system. We were even thinking theoretically that a future telltale title might use something like it, but obviously no more of those are getting made :P

AJ’s dialog system is intended to represent being in his head, he’s not as stable as Clem, he’s young and his thoughts run all over the place and he has the narrow focus of a child. His choices are all in first person (I forgave him) unlike Clem’s that are direct to the conversation subject (I forgive you)

Making playing as AJ interesting was the goal. We knew playing as AJ at all would be surprising, and wanted to lean into making it feel as special as possible."

• edited March 2019

Here's a few things confirmed about the game by Kent Muddle:

• Kent Muddle confirmed that the people the Delta were fighting against are the same people who attacked the ranch and were also at war with Richmond.
    • It took 10 to 15 minutes for Clem and AJ to travel from the bridge to the barn. Skybound gave them the okay on it, so it pretty much means if you get bit you don't have to do it immediately but there is a small time frame before whatever is in a bite spreads into you. Unless the plot demands it of course.
    • The reason AJ says "Boom boom" when catching a fish at the end of the game is because his voice actress, Tayla Parx actually says that "all the time in real life" as an "I got this" kinda thing.
    • Clem and AJ's room was going to be more customisable with more "decoration style collectables like curtains and posters and colored lights with player driven customization but had to simplify a bit to make the system work in the end."
    • Violet is pretty much blind by the end (if she was captured in episode 2). She "can “kind of” see out of her left eye, but just like, shapes and colors. Enough to navigate familiar places but not much more."
    • In the ranch flashback, the guy who flips off Clem and the guy who was burnt alive are voiced by Telltale's former legal council Mark Barbolak who also did the voice of the old cop back in the opening of Season 1 and Yondu in GotG.
    • He wrote all the Disco Broccoli lines (except for the Blade Runner speech) as well as most of the clickable dialogue at the end.
  • Yes they were obviously setting that up for the Stranger Things game they never made.

According to Kent Muddle, the reason why dialogue choices at the end of the game with AJ changed were because; "Playable AJ gave us a rea

• Are you shitting me?!

Here's a few things confirmed about the game by Kent Muddle: * Kent Muddle confirmed that the people the Delta were fighting against ar

Sign in to comment in this discussion.