Who had it worse?

Violet's eyesight or Louis tongue?

Comments

• Louis's tongue for sure.

• Louis's tongue.
    Violet at least seemingly retains some semblance of vision, whereas Louis would be unlikely to be capable of speaking coherently.

• Easily Violet. I can't express how terrifying it sound for one to lose their vision. It's extra horrific to think about such scenario in a zombie apocalypse.

• Well, a loss of eye sight is a serious disadvantage. Zombies can sneak up on you a lot easier and her face is pretty scarred too. And the loss of his tongue hasn't affected Louis all that much. He still smiles and makes jokes.

• Id rather lose one eye and still be able to see than never talk again.

• Louis, he lost a lot of blood too. Not to mention the pain.

• Only one of her eyes is completely blind, the other is partially blind, so she can still see to some extent, whereas Louis can’t speak whatsoever

Easily Violet. I can't express how terrifying it sound for one to lose their vision. It's extra horrific to think about such scenario in a zombie apocalypse.

• Why is this even a question? Definitely Louis. What did he do to deserve that? Lilly had no excuses to cut off his tongue when she could have just knocked him out or something. That's how you treat your new recruits for your war?

Violet with one missing eye is MUCH better because she can still see, for the most part.

Losing an eye>losing a tongue.

• You wont be able to watch 3d movies though ...

But seriously, for a positive person like Louis loosing his tongue, meaning he wont be able to ever talk again, making jokes, playing cards where you have to ask questions etc, thats really hard. He still has all his fingers so the piano is always an option for happiness

Poogers555 posted: »

Id rather lose one eye and still be able to see than never talk again.

• Definitely Louis s tongue, it looks like Violet still has vision in one of her eyes.

• What did he do to deserve that? Lilly had no excuses to cut off his tongue when she could have just knocked him out or something. That's how you treat your new recruits for your war?

This.

AronDracula posted: »

Why is this even a question? Definitely Louis. What did he do to deserve that? Lilly had no excuses to cut off his tongue when she could hav

• Violet is blind in one eye, and can only see shapes and colors out of the other. So, Violet. At least Louis has a chance of surviving if the school is ever attacked again.

• I might be in minority here, but I'd rather lose a tongue than become blind (even partially). Vision is my sore spot for some reason. Of course, Louis is probably more traumatized from his loss, but the eventual consequences are worse for Violet. Plus, blindness strongly hinders survival.

• Both lose things that were important to them and define their characters.
    Louis loses the ability to speak, sing and make jokes verbally,
    though as for the latter it is shown that he finds somewhat of an alternative, non-verbal method that still allows him to joke around with others, which reminded me of Connie in the TV series.
    Violet is completely blinded in one eye, and her other eye can only make out some shapes and colours, which helps her to navigate familiar places, but she's pretty much lost almost all of the independence she valued.

Personally, I'd rather lose my tongue than be blinded, both irl and especially in a zombie apocalypse.

• edited April 2019

Personally, I’d rather be blinded because at least I can still make out shapes in one eye, meaning I can see where walkers are coming from and can still manage to aim for the head an all that, but if I had no tongue I wouldn’t be able to yell at my group if they happen to have a walker sneak up on them, there’d be no way of warning them if it was just me and them.

Besides, a blurry walker is a lot better than no walker, and time will allow for me to grow used to it

• Losing an eye seems worse to me and being practically blind in the other eye as well I see no problem losing a tongue (personally)because I used to be a mute When I was a child and had to Communicate through sign language.

AronDracula posted: »

Why is this even a question? Definitely Louis. What did he do to deserve that? Lilly had no excuses to cut off his tongue when she could hav

• Same, Not to go to personal issues but when I was little I barely communicated as a child so losing a tongue is no big deal for me.

I might be in minority here, but I'd rather lose a tongue than become blind (even partially). Vision is my sore spot for some reason. Of cou

• Amen.

MichaelBP posted: »

Both lose things that were important to them and define their characters. Louis loses the ability to speak, sing and make jokes verbally,

• You could warn them by hinting that walkers are behind you in a (Scooby Doo) fashion .?

Melton23 posted: »

Personally, I’d rather be blinded because at least I can still make out shapes in one eye, meaning I can see where walkers are coming from a

• I don’t remember much of scooby doo. Haven’t watched it since the 2000’s. Unless you mean a tap on the shoulder...in which case it wouldn’t work if a walker was behind them. (Sorry for ruining the joke ?)

You could warn them by hinting that walkers are behind you in a (Scooby Doo) fashion .?

• I mean by doing walker gestures.

Melton23 posted: »

I don’t remember much of scooby doo. Haven’t watched it since the 2000’s. Unless you mean a tap on the shoulder...in which case it wouldn’t work if a walker was behind them. (Sorry for ruining the joke ?)

• Louis would have it worse. It's not just about being able to speak or be able to see. Since he has no moving parts in his mouth, he would have to use his finger to position food under his teeth to chew. He also would use his finger to push food near the back of his throat, where he could swallow. It's a choking hazard regrettably for the rest of his life.

Without vision, hearing is still a very adequate way to maneuver through life and its threats. Violet isn't even completely blind. I have friends with limited vision to only see light, shapes, but nothing very distinct that still hold down jobs and navigate every day life independently.

• Violet. I’m blind in one eye and have damage to the other and the thought of never seeing again scares the hell out of me. My whole world is visual. I could do without talking.

• edited April 2019

in a world like twd I think being blind in one eye and partially blind in the other eye would be worse than not having a tongue. It would be more dangerous too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.