The Walking Dead Collection has been removed from Playstation Store

So apparently the Walking Dead Collection can't be downloaded from the Playstation Store anymore. Back when I preordered the final Season of TWD on PS4 I got access to the Collection as a preorder gift. Now I wanted to check out if I could download it but nope, it's not possible. It's neither in the store nor in my library. Even when you start up the final season and click on the "more TWD games" option in the main menu you can't download it.

I think that's a real bummer.

Comments

• Well it wasn’t exactly the greatest upgrade in the world, but the collection will still surely be missed ????

• I heard there was content cut, including the end credits soundtrack as well as some dialogue options. Which would suck big time!

Melton23 posted: »

Well it wasn’t exactly the greatest upgrade in the world, but the collection will still surely be missed ????

• They cut out take us back from the s1 finale, on top of taking out the glass shard during the “gauntlet” scene as well as decreasing the amount of gore...it was a bit of a downgrade tbf

I heard there was content cut, including the end credits soundtrack as well as some dialogue options. Which would suck big time!

• I didn’t know that at all. Guessing they might also be missing from the Switch version of season 1? I’m replaying that at the moment. It’s a shame it wasn’t left intact.

• Good riddance. The Collection was nothing but a downgrade.

• Might be for the best... it's a terrible downgrade and I guess Skybound gets more money if people have to buy each season. I just think it's odd that I won't be able to download it even though I got it free for pre-ordering TFS (I was never going to actually play the collection, but still.)

• Reading up on it a bit more, it’s very disappointing that it wasn’t better. I understand the music licensing issues, even though it’s a big loss - I get it. But the other stuff seems a little bizarre and some seem like straight up mistakes.

Interestingly, playing the Switch version of season 1 now, I noticed that Lee says he has the TV remote before he actually gets it. I don’t remember that happening before.

• You can still buy a physical copy which probably is near enough the same price. Luckily I was able to get my hands on a digital version before it was removed.

• It was shit anyway.

• While surprising, I must concur with the general sentiment here, the collection was garbage and I'm glad it was removed. They took out a lot of content and never really ran properly (more bug issues, choices not carrying over correctly, etc.), it was always better to buy the original versions of each season.

• My fear is that they’ll all end up unsupported and maybe pulled eventually.

• Wait a minute, are the original versions still in the PSN?

• Yes. Im still disappointed. Yes I got the collection for free by preordering the final season. But still ... what about those that paid 50 bucks and cant play the game anymore? They should be even more angry. Just goes to show that retail will always be a better choice than digital. When relying on digital products you're dependant of the distributor to be able to play those games. But when owning them physically noone can do you shit.

Im still hoping for a complete collection that includes the final season on 2 discs, without having to download anything. So I can play those games whenever the fuck I want. Even the current retail version of the final season doesnt include the final episode on disc but requires a seperate download.
    That sucks!

I also wrote to Skybound and asked them if they ever consider bringing back the twd collection to the psn store or if they plan to give any kind of refund. Let's wait and see what their answer will be.

AronDracula posted: »

Wait a minute, are the original versions still in the PSN?

• I thought it was just that you can't download it anymore. If you've already got it downloaded, shouldn't you be able to play it still or is it no longer on your home-screen?

Yes. Im still disappointed. Yes I got the collection for free by preordering the final season. But still ... what about those that paid 50 b

• I hadn't download it yet

Ghetsis posted: »

I thought it was just that you can't download it anymore. If you've already got it downloaded, shouldn't you be able to play it still or is it no longer on your home-screen?

• Thank God I still have the original versions in my Library. I hope my PS4 lasts longer.

Yes. Im still disappointed. Yes I got the collection for free by preordering the final season. But still ... what about those that paid 50 b

• ? I also have all the original versions lol. It's just that I was promised the TWD collection as a preorder bonus and now I cant play it because I cant download it

AronDracula posted: »

Thank God I still have the original versions in my Library. I hope my PS4 lasts longer.

• I just checked the PS EU store and couldn't find the collection either. But I still have it in my library and it's downloadable.
    Have you tried restoring your licenses? Maybe that will make it show up in your library.

• So you havent downloaded it? Try downloading it and see if that works please. Because the collection is visible in my library but when I click on it I get only directed to the final season episodes.

Onmens posted: »

I just checked the PS EU store and couldn't find the collection either. But I still have it in my library and it's downloadable. Have you tried restoring your licenses? Maybe that will make it show up in your library.

• edited April 2019

Yeah, I tried to download it to make sure, and it started to download just fine.

There were a bunch of episodes from other Telltale games listed as addons to be downloaded alongside the game, but you just have to ignore those.

That has been an issue for me for almost all Telltale games in my library. I have episodes from GoT listed under Batman, episodes from Batman listed under TWD, and so on. and so on.
    It has never caused any real issues though, the games always seem to sort themselves out when downloaded.

Edit; this is what I get when I go to download the Collection:

But, like I said, just keep them all deselected and it should download the Collection without any problems. It's a bit messy, but harmless.

So you havent downloaded it? Try downloading it and see if that works please. Because the collection is visible in my library but when I click on it I get only directed to the final season episodes.

• Holy shit it worked! Thank you so much! I'm so happy right now! I dont get why they hid the collection behind some episode titles but your trick really works wonders! Im downloading it right now and I'm not planning on deleting it from my system anytime soon.

Onmens posted: »

Yeah, I tried to download it to make sure, and it started to download just fine. There were a bunch of episodes from other Telltale games

• Maybe they're going back to make it not shit?

Its also possible they plan on doing a true collection and add Final Season to the mix which is honestly more likely, which sucks because Jesus Christ the collection is ass.

• From what very little I'm savy too, I think the collection is, like, genuinely gone at this point.

Poogers555 posted: »

Maybe they're going back to make it not shit? Its also possible they plan on doing a true collection and add Final Season to the mix which is honestly more likely, which sucks because Jesus Christ the collection is ass.

• And this is another reason why you buy these games on disc.

• edited April 2019

Good riddance. I was one of the poor fuckers who paid 50$ for this garbage at launch.

Sadly it’s still downloaded for me...

• Is probably for best.

• Well at least you got one problem solved.

Holy shit it worked! Thank you so much! I'm so happy right now! I dont get why they hid the collection behind some episode titles but your t

• Do you have a link for me where the changes made in the collection are discussed in further detail?

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Reading up on it a bit more, it’s very disappointing that it wasn’t better. I understand the music licensing issues, even though it’s a big

• I don’t have a definitive list. Just what I picked up on some posts, like this one (there are others floating around): https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWalkingDeadGame/comments/8gco0e/something_i_noticed_about_the_collection/

Feels like most are just mistakes. I can’t imagine any of it is deliberate censorship when I consider what still remains in the game.

Given what happened to Telltale, I imagine the chances of these being fixed or a better collection are probably slim, which is a huge shame. I have eps 1-3 on iPad and I know at some point they will likely just stop working after some iOS update.

Do you have a link for me where the changes made in the collection are discussed in further detail?

• @DabigRG do you think you can help out on this one?

Do you have a link for me where the changes made in the collection are discussed in further detail?

• FYI, Skybound send me the following answer:

"Hi, in regards to previous purchases of the full collection, we cannot give much information as this was before our acquistion of the Telltale TWD series. The collection is outdated and uses outdated graphics as well. All I can say regarding the collection is stay tuned for more news."

So while I'm not sure we're talking about the same collection ("outdated graphics") it does sound like they have plans for a future (and maybe even more improved) collection.

• It’s nothing concrete but does sound promising!

• Perhaps it will be remastered with the latest engine? I am looking forward to see Queen Jane in high def. xo

FYI, Skybound send me the following answer: "Hi, in regards to previous purchases of the full collection, we cannot give much information

• Oh, sorry man! I saw this when I woke up this mornin and just forgot about it.

Here's a cover of what I can gather:

• The Stranger is visible in Episode 1
    • Clementine's treehouse has more beams, with the tree gaining more branches and leaves
    • Shawn doesn't have a bite mark.
    • Lily's texture for Episode 2 is fixed, resulting in her not having Larry's blood on her due to not having a new texture made to accommodate
    • Beating Molly may be impossible.
    • Christa cannot be talked to while sitting with Clementine
    • Omid cannot be talked to about US History.
    • Ben won't have a cut on his lip(?) if he stayed behind
    • Lee picking up a glass shard and squeezing it if he didn't cut off his arm is removed
    • The Campmans' station wagon isn't in from of the Marsh House
    • Clementine's silent nod to Luke when leaving the shed is fixed.
    • You can't give Rebecca water if you didn't give any to Victor or Pete(?)
    • Season 2 and Michonne gain ANF's move faster feature
    • Choices between Season 1, Season 2, and A NEw Frontier [still] didn't transfer correctly.
    • Upgraded textures may sometimes switch back to the originals

But don't take it from me-- @enzeruanimefan already did a thread. [And] (https://telltale.com/community/discussion/118393/twdg-original-remastered-comparisons) @Lilacsbloom.

And whaddya know--Telltale themselves did a general article.

Ghetsis posted: »

@DabigRG do you think you can help out on this one?

• Look at my comment back then, lool.

DabigRG posted: »

Oh, sorry man! I saw this when I woke up this mornin and just forgot about it. Here's a cover of what I can gather: * The Stranger i

• Big thanks!

Oh, sorry man! I saw this when I woke up this mornin and just forgot about it. Here's a cover of what I can gather: * The Stranger i

• Thank you good sir.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.