Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Including the comic (not the tv show), Tenn is one of the few walkers in the universe to display some sort of "human" characteristics. An example of this would be in the first few issues of The Walking Dead when Rick and Glenn are testing covering themselves in walker guts, Glenn starts waving a hand in front of a walker and it swats at him to go away.

• edited April 2019

Clem refuses to wear her hat in the ending. For whatever reason she doesn't want to wear the hat again ever. She loans it to AJ.

VERY symbolic.

To me that tells me she'll never make an important appearance again and will basically either die, go missing, or become very very secondary if she returns.

We definitely will never be playing as her again.

Refusing to wear the hat again and passing it on to AJ is very much a mark of death, imo.

It's also a potential foreshadowing of playing as AJ.

• It's really just a 'passing of the torch' thing in Clem's head but since AJ doesn't want it it's now conveyed to the player as the 'end of an era' type thing.

Clem refuses to wear her hat in the ending. For whatever reason she doesn't want to wear the hat again ever. She loans it to AJ. VERY sym

• AJ probably will want it but after its dried up a bit. I wish we could have giving him Kenny's hat instead ?

Ghetsis posted: »

It's really just a 'passing of the torch' thing in Clem's head but since AJ doesn't want it it's now conveyed to the player as the 'end of an era' type thing.

• I think the reason was that it was floating in a river for the last week or so (I believe this was the amount of time Kent said had passed between the barn scene and playing as AJ) and was wet and gross. But you are right that, in a way, it’s a symbolic move on Clem’s part to decide to let go of the hat. I see it more as her finally being able to let go of the past and live at peace in the present. A lot of people had died in her life, all trying to ensure her safety, the most notable being Lee. You can argue that the hat, because of the blood stain and him returning it to her, had become Clem’s last thing to remember him by. She’s felt the guilt of Lee’s death, blaming herself in part for what happened, and her being put in an almost mirror situation as Lee could be her realizing why Lee did everything he could to protect her. It’s the event she needs to be able to move on, and learn to live happily knowing she’s finally found what she has been searching for for so long...a home.

Clem refuses to wear her hat in the ending. For whatever reason she doesn't want to wear the hat again ever. She loans it to AJ. VERY sym

• Sorry Violet, but between Kenny, Lee, and now Clementine, those 3 form the perfect pirate.

Lee can choose to cut off his left hand after he gets bit, so he’s going to need a hook (Javi might be able to lend him one).

Kenny loses his left eye thanks to Carver’s beating, and we see him with an eye patch during his ending’s ANF flashbacks.

And now Clementine lost her left leg after being bit and needs a peg leg.

Also, why is TWD world so cruel to lefties. Lee gets bit on the left side, Kenny loses his left eye, Clem gets bit by a dog on her left arm, gets shot by Arvo on her left side, has her ANF brand on her left arm, loses a finger on her left hand in the Alone endings, got her left leg slashed open by Minnie, and then got bit on it and AJ chopped it off. I’ve never been so happy to be a righty.

• Did I run out of details to post or what?
    Don't tell me the drafts messed up again.

• In a very very early draft of episode 4, if Violet was captured she would have become very antagonistic. When she washes up on the beach she would have gotten into a fist fight with Clem however she would eventually follow the gang back to the school but her trust in everyone would be broken, so by the end of the episode she would leave and go on the road alone.

In another version, Louis and Violet always survived and Tenn was originally going to be the cause of Clem getting bit and would have been in the barn with AJ and Clem. After Minnie is killed and they cross the bridge, they attempt to climb the cliff and due to his trauma Tenn has trouble climbing and as Clem tries to help him she gets bit. Depending on your choice in the cave AJ would either swallow up his anger and help Tenn up or jump on him and beat him up for getting Clem bit.

Then in the barn, if AJ attacked Tenn, he tries to kill Clem with the axe, arguing that she was going to turn like Minnie and that him and AJ can't be trapped with her. After a fight between the two kids, AJ would force Tenn outside to draw the walkers away. Tenn would later reunite with AJ at the shack similar to the one we have now but more tense. If AJ was more forgiving, Tenn would throw himself outside to distract the walkers so AJ could close the barn doors. Later at the shack AJ would find Tenn but as a walker.

This was changed because it wasn't a big enough choice since it only decided the fate of Tenn.

• That probably belongs in the scrapped thread better, but here's still fine too, I suppose.

lupinb0y posted: »

In a very very early draft of episode 4, if Violet was captured she would have become very antagonistic. When she washes up on the beach she

• The reason Aasim was sent to Ericson was because he was a pyromaniac. However when he was "cured" and was ready to be sent home the apocalypse happened.

According to Kent Mudle, there was going to be a line about it with Clem saying “wait not Mitch? That sounds like a Mitch thing.” And someone would reply saying, “Nah Mitch’s thing was bombs. Aasim set fires.” And Clem would just say “Huh!”

• Marlon is the only bow wielder who borrowed to wear a quiver of arrows.

• ...this has me thinking. Why the feck does Clementine use magic pocket arrows? That’s the plot/reality hole that we should all really be talking about. Lee sticking a blowtorch in his ass

DabigRG posted: »

Marlon is the only bow wielder who borrowed to wear a quiver of arrows.

• You can look at Minnie/Sophie's scrapbook twice, and the second time you're able to actually aim around at all the photos.
    • Marlon tells Clem that a walker or two will sometimes show up at the fishing shack, foreshadowing Tenn who shows up there as a walker.
    • Clem can examine the gate before dinner in ep1, she remarks that it would take an army to knock down the gate which ironically happens on ep2
  • If you leave knee'd walkers alone for a couple of seconds too long, they will stand back up.

• Even before meeting James, Lilly had heard of the Whisperers and what they were, though not by name.

• Uh, that's nothing new to me. I f only there was a random chance when you kick a walker in the leg that their leg snaps in two at the knee and they crawl after you.

If you leave knee'd walkers alone for a couple of seconds too long, they will stand back up.

• That's what I thought would happen until I revisited that sequence last week.

Uh, that's nothing new to me. I f only there was a random chance when you kick a walker in the leg that their leg snaps in two at the knee and they crawl after you.

• Because right is right.

Sorry Violet, but between Kenny, Lee, and now Clementine, those 3 form the perfect pirate. Lee can choose to cut off his left hand after

• No shit??? ??

If you leave knee'd walkers alone for a couple of seconds too long, they will stand back up.

• Louis and Violet's characterizations and to a point arcs were already relatively thought of for the original version of TFS.

• The game was rigged from the start.

Louis and Violet's characterizations and to a point arcs were already relatively thought of for the original version of TFS.

• Essentially.
    I get the sense that they wouldn't have used characters like Tenn if it wasn't more or less in stone when they came on.

iFoRias posted: »

The game was rigged from the start.

• The horse Clementeen sees in her dream is a representation of [the unofficially named] Peanut 2, the mare she traveled with until reaching McCaroll Ranch.

• The end when AJ puts up the collectables, the middle book shelf is broken and the Etch a Sketch toy you find in episode 1 goes missing.

• You find the etch a sketch in episode 3 and it didn’t go missing for me

MintBlue92 posted: »

The end when AJ puts up the collectables, the middle book shelf is broken and the Etch a Sketch toy you find in episode 1 goes missing.

• You're right that was in episode 3, not episode 1. I did find all of them and put it up in the room, but at the end of episode 4, it's not there. My game save may have gotten messed up. Anyway it's not a big deal, I'll just replay it.

Melton23 posted: »

You find the etch a sketch in episode 3 and it didn’t go missing for me

• edited April 2019

Does anyone know what lee says to clem during the tfs ep3 flashback scene. If they choose stay sway from big cities, in the end of ep1 season 1?

• He says the place Clem mentioned better not be in a city and she tells him it's an old boarding school in the woods but it works

MintBlue92 posted: »

Does anyone know what lee says to clem during the tfs ep3 flashback scene. If they choose stay sway from big cities, in the end of ep1 season 1?

• Ahh, i thought she was going to talk a bit about richmond from anf and whether she went back or not after finding AJ.

He says the place Clem mentioned better not be in a city and she tells him it's an old boarding school in the woods but it works

• edited April 2019

So, I'm gonna get a bit stupid but indulge me.
    So this is a place that exists.

Yes that's me. I look like a dead hobo that washed up off the Jame's River. I know and I look forward to and welcome the inevitable roast meme from Poogers. <3

On it's own that's grasping at straws buuuuuuuuut it's in Richmond Virginia. (Some more shenanigans with me and real world Richmond coming soon via this thread)
    And it gets better from there. As you can see in the window it was founded in 2003, the same year the apocalypse kicked off. There's a very real chance that store exists in the Walking Dead universe.
    But Richmond is a big place right? Maybe the store and New Richmond from season 3 are miles apart.
    And they are... kinda. Buuuuut if we go by the map David gives Javi when you're exiled in episode 3:

It looks like it takes them directly up Cary street, the exact street that store is located on.
    It is 110% my headcannon that Javi's group with Clementine walked past Clementine's and nobody can change my mind.
    Photo taken by my friend over at Rhi-Created Images, go giver her some love for me.

• edited April 2019

Louis costed more to animate than the other characters, so much so the developers looked into whether going through with their intent to have him lose his jacket would've saved them some budget.

• Tomorrow is the 7th year anniversary of the first episode of The Walking Dead

• James is Korean-American.

• I just realized Nate from 400 Days has the same has as Kenny, but in blue.

• Nice one.

New song!!! @Cleminator93, @Zombiekiller3121 et al. xo

• I have not heard it yet, but thank you. :D

Nice one.

• Conrad's voice actor played as Jax in Mortal Kombat 11 and Jesus voice actor played as Tobias in Saints Row 1 and 2.

• Ruby is the only kid from the school who doesn't meet Minerva again after finding out she's alive.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.