The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

So, Skybound posted an article on something called, The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition. Details on this topic are scarce at the moment. If you have any news on this topic or if anything on this subject changes, please share below.

Comments

• My guess, Skybound is doing a collector's edition for TFS. Possibly touching up on the previous seasons and selling them in a jumbo pack with TFS. Similar to Telltale's TWD: Collector's Edition. Only you know, not shit.

• They removed it, probably because it's too early to announce anything, but there is something in the works but I'm pretty sure it won't be extra episode or another season.

• Most likely touch ups on than previous seasons to seek with TFS as some kind of collector's edition. Cause Kent Mudle posted a picture on himself standing in front of panel for Walking Dead

They removed it, probably because it's too early to announce anything, but there is something in the works but I'm pretty sure it won't be extra episode or another season.

• It'll be nice to be a full collection of every TWD game, although I wish they would wait a year or two so they could drop it on the next gen consoles too

• Hopefully it’s like The Walking Dead Collection but better. Plus, I got L.A. Noire and The Walking Dead on switch a couple days ago, so hopefully they release it on that.

• Noire is a beast game

Ryder743 posted: »

Hopefully it’s like The Walking Dead Collection but better. Plus, I got L.A. Noire and The Walking Dead on switch a couple days ago, so hopefully they release it on that.

• TWD Collection with TFS, most likely.

• I was actually hoping this would be a thing. After finishing TFS I looked into the current collection and saw it doesn't have Season 3. I'd really like to get em all on physical copy.

• Hopefully, they revert the collection back to its original version.

Ghetsis posted: »

TWD Collection with TFS, most likely.

• Yeah I really want that. But 'definitive' is making me think it won't be the case. Not only is the original one without so many bugs, choices not carrying over problems, graphical errors and design choices and music, but it looks much better. I mean, if the original versions of all games are on PS4, Xbox and PC already then it should be fine.

Hopefully, they revert the collection back to its original version.

• Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah I really want that. But 'definitive' is making me think it won't be the case. Not only is the original one without so many bugs, choice

• So this is what they meant by "we didn't forget Kenny's hat guys!!" they want us to pay for it now

Also rip all the people who bought the first collection thing with the shitty AJ's figurine thing and the shitty pins

https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1118907225920163841

• It's more than just Merch. All Seasons get a visual upgrade, including Graphic Black.

• I don't give a shit if most of their final episodes were crap. At the end of the day, this game brought me some good memories.

Gonna buy this as a final hurrah.

• Is there an option to just buy the game and not the expensive merch?

• Honestly this is a bit overpriced. Like I was willing to buy it, but damn.

100 dollars for the game, and then some pins and cheap clothes? Then 250 dollars for the same thing but you get the statue. Like Jesus Christ you can buy a new console for 250 dollars.

The game itself is about 60 dollars, so that means 40 dollars is the shitty pins and small things, Kenny hat and a shirt. Then 150 dollars for the statue. Like obviously the statue is going to be what most people want to buy so it kinda sucks its locked behind a second tear of making you buy worthless junk like pins.

I would atleast like to see an actual physical prototype of the statue. We still haven't seen what that AJ figure looks like, just the concept of it, same with this one, and I think we all remember last time Lee merch was made...would like to see how the finished product will actually look.

• Hopefully they'll release the game pack separately at a lower price. It is a bit overpriced.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly this is a bit overpriced. Like I was willing to buy it, but damn. 100 dollars for the game, and then some pins and cheap clothes

• Ok I really want to know what they mean when they say “graphic black” graphical enhancements. Like are the other seasons gonna look like TFS? If so, that would be so fucking cool.

patrickrc95 posted: »

https://twitter.com/DemonofEmpireYT/status/1118917936847175680

• Apparently they will use the same models as season 1, just new lighting effects. It probs wont look as cool as they say. Hopefully its better than fucking Collection.

At first I thought it was going to be a black and white filter option like they originally was going to do, would be interesting to replay the games in black and white.

Ok I really want to know what they mean when they say “graphic black” graphical enhancements. Like are the other seasons gonna look like TFS? If so, that would be so fucking cool.

• You know how in the final season, in the background, foliage, rocks and buildings have a kind of black shaded style to it? I’m assuming that’s what they mean by “graphic black”

Ok I really want to know what they mean when they say “graphic black” graphical enhancements. Like are the other seasons gonna look like TFS? If so, that would be so fucking cool.

• edited April 2019

Same models as the Collection but with a butt load of Bug Fixes and stuff that the Collection was missing in addition to the Graphic Black Effect of TFS. Classic Menu Screens, Music, Etc.

• Wow, everything I could've asked for! And then choices don't carry over, music is missing..
    jk I hope this one is good. The menu will hopefully be the same as the originals? Not the same idle image for all stat screens? The real question is.. will we see blood on the glass? will it run at 60fps on all platforms? Because it probably runs on the updated engine.

https://twitter.com/DemonofEmpireYT/status/1118917936847175680

• I remember back when TFS was only £18 and it came with the Collection for free. That was the lowest selling product for some strange reason. That's a killer steal. Now it's overpriced instead of underpriced and it will probably still not sell enough for Skybound to profit.

Honestly this is a bit overpriced. Like I was willing to buy it, but damn. 100 dollars for the game, and then some pins and cheap clothes

• Yeah, it is. But that sucks because I who prefer when all of the background were actual models and didn't go to 2D. It just looks especially wierd in TFS when the characters are in the woods and everything around them is 2D. Preference.

Melton23 posted: »

You know how in the final season, in the background, foliage, rocks and buildings have a kind of black shaded style to it? I’m assuming that’s what they mean by “graphic black”

• Let's just hope the scene where Gabe dies looks good. Please don't let rain ruin the models.

• edited April 2019

60 the game, 15 for the shirt, 10 for the hat and 15 for the other trinkets. I think it's an OK deal. Definetely could be a lot worse.

The site mentioned that the packs also contain 'digital bonuses', no clue what that means though.

• Do you know if the character models and objects will be updated or just the surroundings?

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah, it is. But that sucks because I who prefer when all of the background were actual models and didn't go to 2D. It just looks especially wierd in TFS when the characters are in the woods and everything around them is 2D. Preference.

• "Same models as the Collection but with a butt load of Bug Fixes and stuff that the Collection was missing in addition to the Graphic Black Effect of TFS. Classic Menu Screens, Music, Etc."

Do you know if the character models and objects will be updated or just the surroundings?

• Wouldn’t it look a little off?

"Same models as the Collection but with a butt load of Bug Fixes and stuff that the Collection was missing in addition to the Graphic Black Effect of TFS. Classic Menu Screens, Music, Etc."

• Guess we'll find out.

Wouldn’t it look a little off?

• edited April 2019

Alright I caved in. I was able to abstain from TFS Collector’s edition but that Lee and Clementine figure was just too good. I also started getting nervous because the signature addition already sold out. I really hope this new remastered addition is actually good. Judging from the description for the game it seems pretty sweet.

Graphical Enhancements: “Graphic Black” art style brings Season 4’s enhanced visual style to all previous seasons of the acclaimed series. Will also include full dynamic lighting to episodes that previously did not receive this upgrade. Behind the Scenes Bonuses: Exclusive looks at the making of the game from the developers, VO artists, and other team members that brought Clementine’s story to life. This includes over 10+ hours of developer commentary and other behind the scenes material. Gameplay Improvements: Character performances, lip syncing, and other gameplay and UI enhancements make this the definitive Telltale’s The Walking Dead experience. Even more digital bonuses: Music player that includes 40+ tracks across all seasons, art gallery, 3D model viewer with playable voice lines, and new 3D front end that still includes the original menus and music from all past seasons.

To me it seems like they aren’t fully redoing the other seasons but are implementing the “graphic black” thing from TFS which made the game feel more like the comics. I also hope this means they aren’t gonna make everything super bright and saturated like the collection did. It also seems like they are improving “character performance” and “lip syncing” so hopefully that means they’re improving S1’s rather dated animation, if they do that right this reason alone will make the remaster worth it, the animation in S1 has aged terribly. I also like that they’re using enhanced “classic” menus which is definitely good to hear because the collection’s menu fucking sucked. All the music from the original games are back as well which is good to hear.

Oh yea, I also wanted to mention... WTF will happen to the poor suckers (coughMEcough) who bought the collection at FULL PRICE!? I got the collectors addition for my PS4 Pro in hopes that 4K support will be added but I have the original collection on my Xbox one and I guess it’s literally completely useless now lmao.

• edited April 2019

Shit dawg, I wanna kick Skybound some money for saving TFS but $250? Screw that. Gotta save for that Compendium 4.

I will go for the Protector Pack tho, especially since I never actually bought The Collection. Gonna miss that poster more than the statue TBH.

• That's too much for my pocket to handle skybound lol make the remastered seasons on a pack alone and u got a deal.

• Honestly yeah, its a bit of a scam, the only thing in there worth the money is the statue, but its locked behind a second price tear instead of just letting you buy it separately or just with the game.

Its a bit ridiculous the game is sold for 60, and then 40 dollars for cheap pins, and shirts and a hat that would cost them practically nothing to make.

Basically the statue price I can agree with, but they are forcing you to pay another 100 bucks for shit I dont really care about/isnt worth the money. It would be one thing if they "remade" Seasons 1-2 with Final Season update models, but we all know its just gonna to be Walking Dead Collection "shits a bit brighter" type of deal, nothing really worth buying the whole series over again.

That's too much for my pocket to handle skybound lol make the remastered seasons on a pack alone and u got a deal.

• Kent confirmed the game will be sold separately at some point.

That's too much for my pocket to handle skybound lol make the remastered seasons on a pack alone and u got a deal.

• Awesome

Kent confirmed the game will be sold separately at some point.

• edited April 2019

Just don't make the remastered seasons shit like their last attempt and like I said sell it separately and everything will be hunky dory.

Honestly yeah, its a bit of a scam, the only thing in there worth the money is the statue, but its locked behind a second price tear instead

• Will individuals who bought the initial collection receive a discount? I know I did not pay full price in a Sony sale, but still... How many times do they want me to purchase this game on PS4?

• Wow. Interesting of Skybound to do this. Really cool stuff.

So, lemme get this straight, the basic edition 'the protector pack' has the basic shirt, broccoli, hat, pins and figures.
    The 'guardian pack' has all that with a statue and poster for 150$ more.
    The sold out 'signature pack' which is 100$ more on top of that is all of the above with the poster signed by staff, cast, and Kirkman.

I'll admit part of me wants to get at most the basic pack.
    But, if the game is really going to be sold seperatly later then great because I'd rather not spend 100$ (US?) and shipping for this.

All those bonus features really interest me though. As a last look at Telltale, 10 hours of behind the scenes stuff is cool.
    However, knowing what the Collection ended up being its probably best to play it safe and wait for it.

AAAHHH BUT THE FAN IN ME WANTS SOME COLLECTIBLES

Sign in to comment in this discussion.